G100TT

Love IWC

G100TT

Previously been a Rollie addict but the wife wants me to have something that looks classy so looking at getting an IWC rep. Any suggestions please? Obviously want as near to gen as possible and really like their chronos , esp black face rose gold but they look a little on the large size as I have quite a slim wrist.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TRANSPORTER

I think they do come up abit big, my favourite is the model worn by Steve Mcgarret in the new hawaii 5 o series

Mr_B

If you want something classy go for the MK factory IWC Portofino Rose gold and black/grey sunburst dial. Almost indistinguishable to the gen (apart from the weight)

iw3565-11-fb.jpg

lipbos

Go pilot or go home. True they crack 43mm, but they look the business on even a smaller wrist.

Nikosaldente

Big Pilot 5004-02

IMG_20170615_161937_zpsd44eppok.jpg

IMG_20170614_142154_zpshppe8z6p.jpg

IMG_20170614_143948_zpsj9m8cic7.jpg

Big Pilot 5004-01

IMG_20170609_093319_zpsfnnjskx8.jpg

IMG_20170419_142417_zpsv3lxtc8b.jpg

IMG_20170502_134246_zpsr6g2bugk.jpg

G100TT

If you want something classy go for the MK factory IWC Portofino Rose gold and black/grey sunburst dial. Almost indistinguishable to the gen (apart from the weight)

iw3565-11-fb.jpg

Wow that looks amazing. Would you say MK factory do the best reps of these?

G100TT

Big Pilot 5004-02

IMG_20170615_161937_zpsd44eppok.jpg

IMG_20170614_142154_zpshppe8z6p.jpg

IMG_20170614_143948_zpsj9m8cic7.jpg

Big Pilot 5004-01

IMG_20170609_093319_zpsfnnjskx8.jpg

IMG_20170419_142417_zpsv3lxtc8b.jpg

IMG_20170502_134246_zpsr6g2bugk.jpg

That does look big ...BUT they look lovely watches and probably not so obviously rep as some rollies.

wdev

If you like the Pilot's but want a smaller size, I would suggest the Mark XVIII

mark-xviii-iw327001-ss-mk-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a2892.jpg

JimboJames1972

All the modern versions (real and rep alike) are too big for me. I really love some of their genuine vintage pieces that come up at about 38mm, but who makes rep vintage units?

J

wdev

All the modern versions (real and rep alike) are too big for me. I really love some of their genuine vintage pieces that come up at about 38mm, but who makes rep vintage units?

J

No vintage IWC's are being repped that I know of. The watches mentioned are quite modestly sized, the Mark XVIII is 40mm, the Portofino 39mm

Mr_B

iw3565-11-fb.jpg

Wow that looks amazing. Would you say MK factory do the best reps of these?

It seems to be the case

Genius

Classy has to be the Portuguese

Undinist

IWC used to have pilot watches with stick hands. Now they're all with alpha hands, which I don't like. I spent ages looking for one with stick hands and found just one. It's a 3706 Fliegeruhr Chrono. The dealer has it incorrectly described as a Spitfire. It's 39 mm. http://ptswiss.eu/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=16&product_id=121

This is a description of the gen http://watchbase.com/iwc/pilot/iw3706-06

diplosa

iw3565-11-fb.jpg

This is it! Found my next love. Well, hello there.

diplosa

Anyone has a link to the above by chance?

Cleebeauregard

I think the best IWC for your particular want is the Portuguese 3714 chrono-- one of the new ZF maker versions with the jewel mod and thinner case. Personally, I'd stay away from gold-- go with the stainless case with a black or white dial-- it's a very versatile watch-- one of the few that can truly be both dressy and sporty, and the case size is much more modest than many IWC models. I love the Portuguese 7 day as well, but it's quite a bit thicker, and definitely a dressier watch than the classic chrono. Of course, a high quality strap is an absolute must upgrade for any of these-- the rep straps are pure shit. If the cost isn't prohibitive for you, a genuine IWC or Santoni strap brings these reps to an entirely different level.

Griffo

According to an RWI thread, these IWC reps "aren't worth buying in gen", i.e they're incredibly close to gen:

• IWC 3777-01 ZF
  • IWC 3878 Spitfire V6F
  • IWC Big Pilot 5009-1 ZF
  • IWC Ingenieur Noob

G100TT

Have looked at so many IWC's now and although I originally looked at Chrono's I am being swayed more towards the MK factory IWC Portofino Rose gold and black/grey sunburst dial as shown above. The pic makes it look even better than in some of the dealer pics.

I would definitely get an original IWC strap if it enhances the look. Seen some on e'bay s/h at decent prices.

What about the movement though. Which is best?

Cleebeauregard

That’s the 3714 I was referring to; the movement on these is supposedly a significant improvement over standard 7750. A couple members here have posted about these movements, including a breakdown— additional jewels supposedly improve reliability, and the thickness is much closer to gen. Again, I’d opt for a stainless case though.

G100TT

Anyone has a link to the above by chance?

Think this might be it.

https://www.chinanoo...swiss-2892.html

That's got to be it! Great find. Thank you!

Just in case anyone on here has tried to order this from China noob factory I have just contacted Andrew at Trusty Time with a view to ordering this watch.

He advises this is a scam website. Also the watch comes with Asia 2892 movement not Swiss wherever it comes from.

A great lesson here in contacting a TD first before wading into any site.... Noobs beware! and many thanks to Andrew.

Still love the watch though.

revstriker
On 7/31/2017 at 21:28, Sakdds300 said:

I have this. Check TD website for comps, and PM me if interested. You can make me an offer ...

https://s2.postimg.org/5arzo1jdl/IMG_3725.jpg

Where did you get the strap for this beauty? Thanks.