Sign in to follow this  
sugaray

US customs seizure letter

sugaray

I received one of these 5 page letters saying the item was seized due to it being a counterfeit, gives several options. Willing to abandon the item but not sure if I should fill out the forms to abandon the item for fear of opening up pandoras box and getting sued, fines etc. Has anyone gotten these letters and how did they handle them

Edited by sugaray

WatchDog21

Do not respond! Save it for your TD and depending on their policy they may reship for you.

By-Tor

Good advice. If I remember correctly it's like when you sign up something it's like admission of guilt.

Just ignore it. And if they approach you on phone say that you haven't ordered a watch but some toys to your kids. Or whatever. What do you have to lose? They already have your rep.

myaz

Several threads posted here already will agree and you should search them: watch, what watch? You know nooooothing. Ignore eeeeeeeverything

wdev

Excellent advice given, pull a John Snow on this one, get in touch with your TD and try to work out a reship. It thats in the T/C's preferably use a different shipping address

JimboJames1972

I've never had one myself, but it is always at the back of my mind when I think about ordering a rep.

I'd follow the advice above - ignore the letter and form and contact the seller.

J

bobandshawn

IGNORE with extreme prejudice!!!

RepGuy

Also keep in mind that your name and address are now blacklisted. If you are ordering any more reps, be sure to use a different name and address.

WatchDog21
17035879289_2431f5a439_c.jpg

Genius

Ask the TD what to do, until you have their instructions do nothing

lipbos

Rare in the US, but just ignore on the govt end and you won't hear from them again. I'm curious to know though, due to the rarity, what port of entry and which carrier?

sugaray

Anyone have any first hand experience?

Member X

Also keep in mind that your name and address are now blacklisted. If you are ordering any more reps, be sure to use a different name and address.

Is there seriously a 'blacklist'??

RepGuy

I believe if something is seized by customs due to the item being illegal (ie. OP's rep), the name/address of that person gets put on a list for higher scrutiny by customs in the future. It's just better to use a different name/address from that point on

Member X

I believe if something is seized by customs due to the item being illegal (ie. OP's rep), the name/address of that person gets put on a list for higher scrutiny by customs in the future. It's just better to use a different name/address from that point on

Fair enough, that would make sense in America, 'the land of the free' ;)

Here in Blighty, you'll be lucky if they can even find a pen to write your details down lol

Beetleything

Here in Blighty, you'll be lucky if they can even find a pen to write your details down lol

Oh really.........

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/733850/Investigatory-Powers-Bill-Snoopers-Charter-Passed

Member X

Oh really.........

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/733850/Investigatory-Powers-Bill-Snoopers-Charter-Passed

I'm sure it's been going on for years and they're just legalising it now! Either way, it's still wrong.

Rokerite

Aye but now it is legal they can use any "evidence" garnered from the snoopers charter against you in a court of law. Won't stop terrorists but means they can "control" the plebs.

Edited by Rokerite