Sign in to follow this  
By-Tor

Top-10 most embarrassing Rolexes ever

By-Tor

Ahh... those diamond bezeled ones? Good point. Completely forgot about them. These are hideous. :D

Wonder what kind of person buy these as Elton John is already semi-retired.

cosmograph-daytona-rainbow.jpg

By-Tor

Well fuck off back then!

No I don't think so. I'm planning to stay. Sorry. Thanks for your contribution though.

PS: If you want to exchange some piss-poor playground insults, I have no problem with that, either. I don't mind a full-bore flame war, either... I enjoy them, really. I administrated a local powerlifting / bodybuilding forum for years... that place was a virtual HELLHOLE, full of narsistic, egoistic pricks. I've seen it all... I've said it all. I think I can handle myself in a watch forum. So bring it on. :D

Moondustesp
Ahh... those diamond bezeled ones? Good point. Completely forgot about them. These are hideous. :D

cosmograph-daytona-rainbow.jpg

Anyone caught wearing one of these gen or rep or anything like it need to be sent to prison! For life!

Still better than alot of Hooblooos though

NCRich

Root beer is a lovely watch.

99ntKsl.jpg?1

Philistine.

Moondustesp

99ntKsl.jpg?1

Philistine.

very nice :)

GenTLe

Oh well, com'on this can't be considered ugly:

Rolex-YACHT-MASTER-Blue-Sunray-Dial-BaselWorld-2012-Profile.jpg

By-Tor

@Gentle: Yeah you're right. That might be the nicest one in the YM line.

Hublots are NICE compared to this. I mean really.

32533ba6550a3c8c96d72aa0516b10d7.jpg

Left Coast Guy

Well fuck off back then!

No I don't think so. I'm planning to stay. Sorry. Thanks for your contribution though.

PS: If you want to exchange some piss-poor playground insults, I have no problem with that, either. I don't mind a full-bore flame war, either... I enjoy them, really. I administrated a local powerlifting / bodybuilding forum for years... that place was a virtual HELLHOLE, full of narsistic, egoistic pricks. I've seen it all... I've said it all. I think I can handle myself in a watch forum. So bring it on. :D

Seems like you're the one that can't take a joke bud....lighten up a bit. Ya overly sensitive pussy....

By-Tor

Haha. Yeah I will. :D

You guys just don't know my perverse sense of humor. I'm always provocative. You don't understand the intelligence and mental capacity behind it. Yet.

Neither does my wife though... after 13 long years.

By-Tor

PS: No hard feelings. Please accept this virtual gift of mine.

56108-d523c30b2738f501921565098b928249.jpg

Moondustesp
PS: No hard feelings. Please accept this virtual gift of mine.

56108-d523c30b2738f501921565098b928249.jpg

Keep it ya c*nt :(

By-Tor

I was hoping that you'd say that. See you in the next wrist check.

gold-diamond-watches-for-men-hd-pics-for-rolex-gold-diamond-for-men-1024x768.jpg

Moondustesp
;)

Diver Dave

Everything you wrote is dead on. To me, Rolex died when they started using flat crystals ("Let's make it look more like a Seiko, shall we?"), and then they burned the corpse when they started with the shit they sell now. What worries me more is that people buy them.

Rolex at one time sent free watches to allied prisoners of war held in German POW camps, with the expectation of payment postwar. The great escape participants used one of these watches to time the German guards rounds so as to be able to dig without being detected. That was the company who made the watches that became the legends. Now? I dunno even what to say.

Green Subs? Rightfully so, they are the color of puke.

Edited by Diver Dave

Undinist

Before quartz, Rolex had an honest job. They were necessary. A reliable, accurate service watch had to have an advanced Swiss movement. The nearest thing to an honest Rolex these days is a Timex. Or maybe a CWC if you want to go posh.

Can a Sub or a DSSD be called a tool watch any more? I don't think so - the dive computer is the tool now, the dive watch is something you wear with your suit or to the pub. So there ought to be fashionable dive computers aimed at the tool watch market - all those zillions of people who buy 1000m diving watches and wear them in the shower. Somebody should shoehorn a Suunto into a Breitling Montbrillant - they're the same size.

GT86

This thread makes me question everything about myself ...being that I have the 'hulk' and 'batman' :Bolt:... Have already decided to ditch the hulk although I do still love it.

I do have more connoisseur friendly pieces but these Rollies are allot of fun to wear casually. You absolute snobs! ;)

Diver Dave
Before quartz, Rolex had an honest job. They were necessary. A reliable, accurate service watch had to have an advanced Swiss movement. The nearest thing to an honest Rolex these days is a Timex. Or maybe a CWC if you want to go posh.

Can a Sub or a DSSD be called a tool watch any more? I don't think so - the dive computer is the tool now, the dive watch is something you wear with your suit or to the pub. So there ought to be fashionable dive computers aimed at the tool watch market - all those zillions of people who buy 1000m diving watches and wear them in the shower. Somebody should shoehorn a Suunto into a Breitling Montbrillant - they're the same size.

^^ This is a very insightful post. Well done. And absolutely true.

RussP

99ntKsl.jpg?1

Philistine.

That's one fugly watch, Rich.

Take it off your wrist and mail it to me.

Immediately............. :B):

solkryssare

I agree completely.

markeym3

.y daily beater is the sea dweller sd4000 good to not see it on the list...

Totally agree with the golf course thing , I don't play , I can see the attraction of the game but it's the majority of knob heads who play ...

Undinist

^^ This is a very insightful post. Well done. And absolutely true.

Thank you!

I was looking at the CWC site yesterday and wondering why the only branch of the services to be given a weekday function is the SBS. What's the logic there? Could it be because they might lay up for days on end during a recce and need a reminder of what day it is? If that's the case the SAS should also get a day function. There's no SAS model in the CWC range so maybe they are issued the SBS watch. Fairly similar jobs I suppose.

By-Tor

This thread makes me question everything about myself ...being that I have the 'hulk' and 'batman' :Bolt:... Have already decided to ditch the hulk although I do still love it.

I do have more connoisseur friendly pieces but these Rollies are allot of fun to wear casually. You absolute snobs! ;)

Do not. What was written was just one guy's (mine) subjective opinions. Not gospel.

I always want to create heated (but friendly) discussions with some (purposefully) controversial opinions. It'd be stupid to change this place to a "knitting club" (sic). :D

If you enjoy your Hulk and Batman, that's 100% cool. RWG would be a boring place if we all liked the same watches.

Grey1970
On 1/8/2017 at 14:24, By-Tor said:

Cool. That all black is the nicest one.

I should have bought a 1675 but I bought the 16710. This ok but not as nice as the old one. I'll get a 1675 eventually.

0dSyiBx.jpg

Does your 16710 get the bezel well fixed? Mine turns too easily, even without touching it.