Sign in to follow this  
By-Tor

I changed my opinion of Invicta

By-Tor

I like the full gold Casio calculator.

Not gen. That's a new ripoff by Invicta.

Oops... I mean "homage" of course. :D

brang1

Did someone say Invicta?????????

There's medicine available for your condition now. It might make you a little sleepy.

aGpHlIl.jpg?1

AND ALL IS WELL IN THE WORLD ONCE AGAIN

Diver Dave

So, Mickey goes to divorce court, and is standing in front of the judge. The judge looks at him and says "Mickey, I just can't give you a divorce from Minnie because you say she's crazy". Mickey looks at him and says "Your Honor, I didn't say she was crazy: I said she was fucking Goofy..."

:boxedin:

RepGuy

Invicta is the red headed step child of the watch world, but Rich has inspired me to dig one out of my "reject" watch box. I don't know if it's Invicta's shitty reputation, actual poor construction, or a mix of both, but after putting on the watch, it just felt cheap. Granted, it's probably at least a few years old and an entry level quartz diver, but I do remember it cost a fair bit (I didn't know anything about watches back then). If I had to compare how it felt on the wrist, as well as functionality (date flipping, bezel rotation, bezel play, lume, ect.), I would place it upon a good quality DHGate rep purchase with very poor quality lume. The problem with this is my only DHGate purchases are sub $100, and usually even break below the $70 mark, and are most certainly made in far worse conditions than an Invicta.

So my official opinion remains as before...they are shit for the money. I can see if they had a specific model you couldn't get elsewhere (ex. Rich's Mickey model), but most of them are generic copies of more popular, better looking, watches.

20170803_203244.jpg

20170803_203240.jpg

20170803_203343.jpg

By-Tor

True. But "value for money" is just as difficult to measure as "quality".

Someone might say a $170 Invicta TT Sub is definitely better value for money than $12K TT Rolex Sub. He has a point. The watches aren't THAT different. Of course we all know what the differences are but...

I have 4 gen Rollies and these are ridiculously overpriced. Yeah they have good inhouse movements and all that. But they are asking $7K for a banged up 16710 in the gen sales forums now. That's laughable. They made MILLIONS of these. How can this watch cost $7K? I would have never, ever bought my Rolexes used for those prices. I might sell these because I rarely wear them anymore.

When I left RWG, maybe 50% posts were about Rolex. Now when I go to RWI, 90% of the posts are about Rolex. That's disappointing. Someone started a thread "Post your favorite watch" and it ws 90% about Rolex... Hulk, Batman, etc. I like those classic ones too but there are so many nicer watches out there. Where are all the watch lovers... of all brands? Is the hobby now just about getting some f*cking ugly fake Hulk, to impress your workmates at McDonalds? :D

I like it here though... much more variation and members seem to be more genuine watch lovers.

My $2K Steelfish, however, is a GREAT value for money. Put this on and then put a Rolex and you'll always be underwhelmed. The detailing is amazing and it has many of those small things that reps can never have. Take a huge macro photo and you'll see how the bracelet is sitting perfectly between the lugs, etc. Fitting is EXACT. Buy one used and you get a lot of watch for the money. It's worth every cent, in MY opinion. I appreciate those details that average people wouldn't even notice. That's why people are buying $50K Breguets and Pateks. They take it to yet another level. But then again someone might say that how can a ETA watch cost $2K used. And he has a point too. :)

RepGuy

I'm sorry...........the damn movement costs more than the watch..............by far.

https://www.amazon.c...ne+invicta+blue

While the movement at market value may cost more than they charge for the watch, they aren't paying market value when they put in orders for hundreds of thousands of movements

trailboss99

Check their website out. This used to be a ridiculous marquee, but now they have a lot of beautiful models there. The watches are still shit though.

https://www.invictawatch.com/calendars

GkzXPzg.jpg

5930d53077224509180a57bc6b13c87c69c91fb431f8edd81f45dd938a3352c0.jpg

trailboss99

For example the Mickey comes @ $125 shipped. It arrives in a Pelican case, branded. The case alone would be $50. Seiko movement, warranty......if you just want a watch a rep isn't going to compare.

hORujt1.jpg

and as I said, Seiko movement.

Where? That's the best looking watch with the mouse on it I've seen and I want one.

By-Tor, I'm probably the only person with more watches than have ran through your hands.......I know what I'm talking about.

You sure? Ask Toro or Jorge about my collection, they've seen about a third of it and near passed out.

13oots2

Did someone say Invicta?????????

There's medicine available for your condition now. It might make you a little sleepy.

I thought the medicine was more along the lines of animal tranquillisers.

lipbos

No wonder the reps have gotten so expensive, if they're feeding the damn kids Toblerone!

Tits McGee

For example the Mickey comes @ $125 shipped. It arrives in a Pelican case, branded. The case alone would be $50. Seiko movement, warranty......if you just want a watch a rep isn't going to compare.

LkjBVpq.jpg?1

hORujt1.jpg

and as I said, Seiko movement.

8oul2u6.jpg?1

Whipped Cream on a turd.

SuperbMonster

Whipped Cream on a turd.

:lmao2:

splke

All this BS snobbery

I am with Rich these are the bollox for the doe , they even have the hacking seiko movement know and the finish is bang on !

I like em and i like that not many do as it keeps the price down ;)

SuperbMonster

All this BS snobbery

I am with Rich these are the bollox for the doe , they even have the hacking seiko movement know and the finish is bang on !

It's not snobbery. It looks like someones taken a multicoloured shit on the dial after eating a bag of glitter.

Daffy

Where? That's the best looking watch with the mouse on it I've seen and I want one.

Here it is on Amazon. $119

https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Disney-Limited-Automatic-Stainless/dp/B01F7HGZCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1501852363&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=two+tone+invicta+blue+mickey

RepGuy
All this BS snobbery

Opinions are like assholes... everybody's got one. I wouldn't call it snobbery for many people though.

RepGuy

I'll leave this here

346c9059e30dececc30b5b43e320589b.jpg