rusty peters

New Ti Breitling. What am I missing?

RepGuy

G factory is Google. They're making reps now

rusty peters

I guess after the cool reception of the Google smart watches, they made a drastic change in strategy.

Edited by rusty peters

RepGuy

On a more focused note, I have never heard of G Factory, which doesn't mean it will be a bad rep. What I have learned from experience is to check the description... and this specific watch has a very bland one. Not to say that means it will be a bad rep, but it may mean this is more of a generic, lower budget or average quality version. The price is definitely lower than more respected factories, but you've got to ask yourself if you want to take a $288 (plus shipping) risk, or spend a little extra for something well reviewed and of more high quality.

VBRolex

Good evening everyone,

I came across this Breitling and it looks like a perfect watch for me on many levels. 12mm thick, 42mm case. Good price. Never heard of the G factory. Is this a piece of shit?

http://www.tb-688.co...product_id=2586

hey there, i actually just ordered this one with Andrew... i got the QC Pictures and they look amazing...

here is the link to trusty time

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=17057

and also Comparison Pics of Genuine vs. Replica: https://imageshack.com/a/Sbnl/1

RepGuy

Good evening everyone,

I came across this Breitling and it looks like a perfect watch for me on many levels. 12mm thick, 42mm case. Good price. Never heard of the G factory. Is this a piece of shit?

hey there, i actually just ordered this one with Andrew... i got the QC Pictures and they look amazing...

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=17057

and also Comparison Pics of Genuine vs. Replica: https://imageshack.com/a/Sbnl/1

Thanks for the comparison link. The macro shots reveal a lot of differences in almost ever aspect, although I doubt any would be noticeable without that macro lens.

Left Coast Guy

Yup, looks pretty darn close to me.

I'm not sure about G factory necessarily, but going back I think there was a split between Kuvarsit and KW factory -- so where the two used to be the same thing, the factory and Kuvarsit split, and the factory was going to go off on its own and the "KW" designation would stay with Kuvarsit. And I say all that just to say that its likely at least one new factory was going pop up out of that split.....maybe G factory is that new factory?

rusty peters

Good evening everyone,

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=17057

Thanks for the help. Andrew has great pictures that give me a much better idea of what to expect. Will you do a review when it lands?

Stewart

They used to be a string factory but the market dropped out and now they make reps.

Not sure how accurate it is but the build quality looks amazing.

rusty peters

Those macro pics look really good to me. The strap looks like it is a liability to the effort and would probably give me a rash before if fell apart in the first week. The engraving on the bezel is not as sharp as gen but when is it. I may take the plunge.

dfq23

A near $300 rep is now considered a good price...

My how things have changed!

RepGuy

True, it's pushed me to go gen on recent purchases, especially with the AP models I was buying costing well over $500 on average. I still love reps, and purchase them, but on a much more conservative level.

VBRolex

Hey my friends ...

today I started my little vacation... heading to Miami and Vegas ... but right before I jumped into the car I saw DHL delivering my package!!!!!

This Breitling is beautiful and I am amazed by the quality!!!wish It would easier posting pictures here!!!

rusty peters
On 8/8/2017 at 17:03, VBRolex said:

Hey my friends ...

today I started my little vacation... heading to Miami and Vegas ... but right before I jumped into the car I saw DHL delivering my package!!!!!

This Breitling is beautiful and I am amazed by the quality!!!wish It would easier posting pictures here!!!

So, any reviews? Bezel action?  Overall quality? 

FunnyStarSystem
On 8/4/2017 at 07:03, dfq23 said:

True, especially when the life span seems to be getting shorter and shorter. Last couple reps I purchased have had major crap outs within a year. Spending on gens is making more sense, and the balance of my collection now leans that direction.

rusty peters
1 hour ago, Inkoumori said:

True, especially when the life span seems to be getting shorter and shorter. Last couple reps I purchased have had major crap outs within a year. Spending on gens is making more sense, and the balance of my collection now leans that direction.

I totally agree.  I am rep free right now.  However, can you think of any Ti automatic watch with a reasonably sized case and dashing good looks for ~300?   May be worth the risk.

By the way, what movements took a crap on you?  I have had a few "problem children" that needed multiple trips to modders but never a dead movement.

FunnyStarSystem

It's rarely the movement itself, for example my last $400 purchase had the screw down crown completely fail 9 mos in, despite precautions. I could get someone to fix it, but is it worth it? Meh. The quality just seems to have gone down lately, at least on the pieces I've bought. I have some excellent old ones still chugging along which I'm content with. 

rusty peters

Well... No answers so I took the the plunge.  QC pics approved and I should have it in a few weeks. 

Daffy
On 8/8/2017 at 17:03, VBRolex said:

Wish It would easier posting pictures here!!!

Follow the instructions in my sig.  VERY easy.

NFleischer

I like this watch.  It looks better on Andrew and Intimes' sites. Toro's pictures are not that sharp.

In the old days we never even knew most of the time who the factories were mamking the reps.

Rower

G factory is quite interesting. After further extensive research I found out that they call it the G factory because the bezels were loose and they use used G-Strings to secure the bezel and make them TIGHT again! 

Eagl3
On 9/2/2017 at 08:36, rusty peters said:

Well... No answers so I took the the plunge.  QC pics approved and I should have it in a few weeks. 

I have one and FYI, it's not titanium. Gen isn't titanium either. Toro's description is wrong. The Avenger II GMT by GF is a well reviewed watch. There's a large discussion on RWI. 

rusty peters

I appreciate that.  You are correct, this watch is SS.  All of the sites have it listed incorrectly. 

Genius
45 minutes ago, rusty peters said:

I appreciate that.  You are correct, this watch is SS.  All of the sites have it listed incorrectly. 

You'd guess the clue is in the watches name.........

rusty peters

Ah, yes, Blacksteel. I figured the description of DLC coated titanium would carry more weight.  I forgot that we are in the rep game.