Sign in to follow this  
naijishi

6 years old and still ticking!

naijishi

Hi guys long time member and readerbut not poster, i have been here a while but not really one to talk...to be open for a moment i have Aspergers syndrome amongst other things so i find it hard to talk and get involved in things, i am trying to make more of an effort to overcome these issues so posting here for a start.

i got this watch from Mary in 2011 and it still keeps perfect time ans i love it..even though its a sub, a sub seems to be the gateway drug of choice to start things off.

I am intending to get a IWC 5002 rep in the next week or so pobably from toro, do you guys think its worth just sending him an email first to check availability or just go straight to order from website, i know most times its good to email first but some dealers may be busy with loads of emails asking simple stuff so i wouldnt wanna add to that work.

here is my Sub

edit: i cant seem to atach a picture to the post, it shows up in post preview but not once the post is submitted :(

Edited by naijishi

SuperbMonster

Good to hear it is still going after 6 years.

I always email Toro first to check he still can get hold of what ever I am after. He usually gets back pretty quickly.

I look forward to seeing the picture of the sub. If you're struggling to get the image up drop me a PM and I will help you.

Nice choice with the IWC :)

Foxindebox

Hi Mate,

Glad to see you join in the posting. I completely understand where you are coming from, my daughter has ASD with some quite severe communication difficulties. I would encourage you to keep on participating and enjoying the hobby. I can't see the picture unfortunately, but Mary is a great dealer and still one of my go to's. (Toro is the other). I normally just buy direct from Toro's site or alternatively, ping Mary an email and she will let me know if what I want is available.

Pop up a pic of the IWC when you get it eh?

:)

Daffy

Glad to see you posting!

Try the image hosting method in my sig. It's dead simple, and easy to use.

naijishi

ok no idea if this is gonna work i havnt looked how to add an image i am just blindly going for it!

Edited by naijishi

SuperbMonster

Got to love a Hulk

sub.jpg

Foxindebox

sub.jpg

There you go ;)

naijishi

ok daffy after reading your sig..here we go!

sub.jpg

Edited by naijishi

naijishi

thanks guys and Daffy, i know its only a little thing but i am well happy with myself lol

Foxindebox
:lol: nice one

naijishi

and just noticed its exactly 6 years to the day i joined forum and it wasnt planned but i guess an anniversary is as good a time as any to make a change

SuperbMonster

:thumbsup:

Happy anniversary - I think I will drink to that

Moondustesp

Welcome and nice sub :)

Not Quite Dead

Change is hard but it can also be good and this forum is full of people with the right attitude who will reach out to help when you ask the right way, as you have.

naijishi

thanks guys, i have been lurking for long time like i said so i am used to seeing the same old posts on here that annoy everybody like where is the best sub and how can i contact the factory direct etc, there has been alot of times where i have nearly posted out of rage at some of those topics, but obviously i am taken as a total newcomer here beause i am totally unknown so i feel a familiarity with the site and members that i shouldnt so i have to be careful of what i post etc so it isnt taken the wrong way. Not that i post alot which is evident.

dave47

Hi Mate,

Glad to see you join in the posting. I completely understand where you are coming from, my daughter has ASD with some quite severe communication difficulties. I would encourage you to keep on participating and enjoying the hobby. I can't see the picture unfortunately, but Mary is a great dealer and still one of my go to's. (Toro is the other). I normally just buy direct from Toro's site or alternatively, ping Mary an email and she will let me know if what I want is available.

Pop up a pic of the IWC when you get it eh?

:)

I AGREE with Fox, Daffy, and a few other mates who encourage you to keep working on your disabilities -- until they just become "character features," which is a positive thing. I know -- since my brain surgery, I've had to relearn walking, talking, balancing myself when sitting or standing, etc. It's an effort but well worth it!!

dave

Daffy

thanks guys, i have been lurking for long time like i said so i am used to seeing the same old posts on here that annoy everybody like where is the best sub and how can i contact the factory direct etc, there has been alot of times where i have nearly posted out of rage at some of those topics, but obviously i am taken as a total newcomer here beause i am totally unknown so i feel a familiarity with the site and members that i shouldnt so i have to be careful of what i post etc so it isnt taken the wrong way. Not that i post alot which is evident.

Feel free to post what you want. When you want. As long as you stay within the very few rules they do have.

Once you get into the pattern of posting, it will become much easier for you. And feel free to yell at Pickle occasionally.

naijishi

yeah ill try to keep it up, without going all agony aunt and serious for a furum its a day to day struggle and i can wake up one day and itfeels totally different to the day before, im sure everyone gets that sometimes though. anyway thanks again everyone ;)