Undinist

Someone buy this CWC SBS so that I can't

Undinist

Probably your last chance to buy a new tritium one. Made in 2008 - I checked the case number with Silvermans. Been sitting in its box for 9 years, ageing nicely. The indices have yellowed but the hands haven't. (Slightly disappointing...maybe the hands are luminova?)

On ebay. The seller will take £750. http://r.ebay.com/IxrUZI

cwc.jpg

The new price for a current production luminova one is £700. The circled L is tragic, shameful. Surely the T is fifty times more pukka? https://www.cwcwatch...ue-divers-watch

cwcl.jpg

On the one hand you could say that these things are the natural heirs to the Milsub and the tritium one is Rare and Historic and Speshul. On the other hand they seem wildly overpriced compared to Seiko....I mean they're just simple quartz 300 m divers. So I dunno. What do you reckon?

Thommo82

I don't mind the overall look of the watch, though I think vintage calf strap would suit it better

However there is no way I'm paying that for a Quartz

Cra cra

tomtom1988
I don't mind the overall look of the watch, though I think vintage calf strap would suit it better

Cra cra

I think it's nice, regarding Quartz movements, I own a £2k plus Quartz, does that make me cra cra?

Remembering that the majority, barring a few of course companies still stick a $300 eta in their watch and charge $5000 dollars a piece,

Swatch: Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte, Omega.

Richemont: Vacheron Constantin, Baume & Mercier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Lange & Söhne, Panerai, IWC, Piaget.

LVMH: TAG Heuer, Zenith, Hublot.

Here's a few that have done it

Thommo82
name='tomtom1988' timestamp='1501914509' post='2019830']

Cra cra

I think it's nice, regarding Quartz movements, I own a £2k plus Quartz, does that make me cra cra?

Remembering that the majority, barring a few of course companies still stick a $300 eta in their watch and charge $5000 dollars a piece,

Swatch: Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte, Omega.

Richemont: Vacheron Constantin, Baume & Mercier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Lange & Söhne, Panerai, IWC, Piaget.

LVMH: TAG Heuer, Zenith, Hublot.

Here's a few that have done it

Just because something has been done doesn't mean I need to agree with it. You can own whatever you want, it's your life and your money, there is no way I could justify it though. I'm sure your 2K Quartz is lovely

My brother doesn't understand my 6.0 litre V8, doesn't make either of us right or wrong, just makes me faster

But yes, I think you're Cra Cra

Genius

Really not taken at that price, have a look at mwc can get a very similar watch in auto for under a ton if you are patient on ebay

Undinist

Yebbut CWC were British forces issue and MWC is a sort of CWC homage which tries to claim it's the real thing but can't name a signal forces customer. Nothing wrong with MWC watches, but their marketing is deceitful. And they don't offer a day function. Gotta have that. I'd rather have a Seiko than a MWC.

But you're right, the CWC price is not good - you can get 3 good reps for that money, Or twenty lucky dips on DH Gate.