Sign in to follow this  
MarcoF

Lost decoration incabloc and jewel

MarcoF

In the process of working on my Omega PO... I lost the decoration incabloc and jewel circled in the picture. Anybody can help find a replacement?

I asked Mary but she can't source any of the decoration

4672_AD7_A-7_AE7-4207-95_BE-_DC6_C8_E1_B23_E3.jpg

TRANSPORTER

You mean you lost the shock spring, ( the little brass bit that holds the cap jewel in Place) if so then you can pick those up from cousins etc, you can buy packs of them to cover different movemnts

MarcoF

Sorry about that... the shock spring! I also lost the decoration cap jewel... do you happen to know where I can find it? The problem is.... this is all part of the "cover up" decoration... it's not really functional... am I right?

TRANSPORTER

Sorry mate been away, no the shock spring is meant to be there and does a specific job, the jewel underneath it is meant to be in two pieces, and again does another very important job, neither are there for decoration, you might be luck and be able to source the correct size jewel, the spring you can get on the bay no problems. Back to the jewel, now there's your problem, you will probably find it somewhere in the room where you were working on the movement, trust me they are bastard's to find if you drop them, guys put tights over hoover attachments and hoover the room, me I go down on my hands and knees with a bright light and do a methodical search, it can take awhile but I've not yet not found an escapee.

The main problem you are going to have with the jewel is finding the correct size, not only in circumference but also hole diameter and jewel depth, all are crucial to the correct running of the balance, I think you  ight be better off asking if your TD can get you either a new movement and you just swap it out or just the balance or if they can get you a balance on its own, thats a balance and bridge complete ok.

MarcoF

I'm pretty sure that's just a decoration. That adjustment is non funcional...as a matter of fact there's another incabloc in the ACTUAL movement underneath...

Genius

It's just decorative forget about it, mine fell off so I opened the caseback took it out and sealed it back up. 

No one will ever notice!

Mines been passed round a table of the most anal people you can find when it comes to watch details (replica watch forum members) and they all complimented the watch and not one of them noticed missing decorations on the movement 

TRANSPORTER
On 16/08/2017 at 19:55, Genius said:

It's just decorative forget about it, mine fell off so I opened the caseback took it out and sealed it back up. 

No one will ever notice!

Mines been passed round a table of the most anal people you can find when it comes to watch details (replica watch forum members) and they all complimented the watch and not one of them noticed missing decorations on the movement 

GENIUS, if that's for decoration then where abouts on the balance cock are the beat adjuster and regulator? I,m only asking as all my watches be they reps or gens have never had a faux balance cock complete with a regulator and shock jewel.

Genius

That entire plate along with most of them you can see are fake, just decorative, the movement is underneath 

TRANSPORTER

Wow I did not know that, so all them jewels are just for show, and underneath is a high beat movement then, is the rotor that is visible functional then for the movement underneath? I'd like to see a picture of one of these in bits, purely for interest.

Genius

Now you mention it it's gotta be a bit more complicated than just sticking a load of crap on top to actually get the rotor to work

That miyota straight form the factory aint much to look at

OBRIS+MORGAN+Explorer+PROTOTYPE+04.jpg

TRANSPORTER

Easiest way that we can sort this out mate is get the OP to disect his watch for us, taking pictures as he does so we can fathom out how it all works!

GenTLe
On 8/18/2017 at 10:17, TRANSPORTER said:

Wow I did not know that, so all them jewels are just for show, and underneath is a high beat movement then, is the rotor that is visible functional then for the movement underneath? I'd like to see a picture of one of these in bits, purely for interest.

All the jewels you can see on that watch are yes: fake ones for the show. Same for the fake regulation arms (the real ones are below the fake ones, making the regulation a bit difficult actually). The balance is real.

Another example (again on a Miyota 9015) is this one of a JF 15400. The regulator arm is real, the hair spring stud is covered by the fake balance bridge with fake end jewels and spring. Also the gear that is partially covering the regulation marks on the real balance bridge is fake, as like as the other one next to the letter A of Audermars on the rotor.

Check the differences with the same movement, but undecorated, below

royal-oak-41mm-15400-v2-jf-1-1-best-editm51e.jpg

TRANSPORTER

W cheers for the informative reply mate, id still like to see one in  the flesh

Genius
6 minutes ago, TRANSPORTER said:

W cheers for the informative reply mate, id still like to see one in  the flesh

You'll find nothing useful until you disect it.

Worth as well as GenTLe's examples comparing some further zoomed out pictures where you can see the crown you'll see everything is in the completely wrong place (I'd link a couple but 3 whiskeys in now) 

TRANSPORTER

Fair one mate, ill let you sip away, no rush ok

Dendo

Impressed the manufacturers use a good movement like a Miyota, then spend effort faking the decorated movement. 

It is fake, and not as good as copying the movement, but realistically that would be too expensive, while the fake decorated movement looks reasonable and the movement is actually a reliable one.

Oh and looking for the pinged off crystal...... get on your hands and knees and use a small brush and dustpan, that works for me.

MarcoF

Well..... looks like I opened a can of worms among members...

bottom line is I gotta learn to live with it