Thehawkjr

Repair 7750 U.S. Based ???

Thehawkjr

Does anyone know a U.S. Based Watchsmith as the rotor came off My Jacob&Co Epic II 7750.

I tried Gary but he does not work on 7750.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Diver Dave

Should be a piece of cake to fix, if you have the parts, and if not they are easy to order.

Happy to take a look, bearing in mind that it's A: a favor and B: I'm not a trusted vendor so if I screw ya you're on yer own... ;-)

Dendo

Send it to Dave - the screw should be in the case and once located very easy to reposition and screw in.

You could even try it yourself - this has got to be the easiest watch fixing starter project....

Thehawkjr

Well Dave at least your up front about things. Where are you located as I am in Az. The problem is the screws to take off the back of the watch are like a 15 sided torx bit special to jacob&co. I tried to order the tool from them but theu would not sell it to me. I am ordering a watch from TT and was going to see if they had one.

TRANSPORTER

Scour ebay etc for a tool mate, there's bound to be someone selling one on there, then just open her up tip out the screw, hopefully easy to find, then place rotor in place and screw the screw back in place, job done.

Diver Dave

^^ This. It can't be a completely proprietary tool. 

Dave

Edited by Diver Dave

Thehawkjr

I have searched High and Low.  Can not find it.  I have been to a dozen watch repair businesses and no one can get the screws out.   

I guess Ill try one of the TD's and see if they can get the screw driver.

Funny, I live in AZ ,  I can go to the corner store and buy weed or a handgun but I cant seem to buy a simple screw driver.   GEEZ........

Diver Dave

^^ McMaster-Carr will be a good place to check. There are a number of Torx fastener standards. The thing to know is that it's the geometry and size that's important, not the number of points in the head. It's very likely that a "x" pointed driver will fit those screws, even if it only engages every other tooth. My guess is that the screws have 2X the teeth that they need, just to look good, and that there's a driver that'll fit it that has half of the tooth-count of the screws.