MassiveWatchNoob

New, and with a question!

MassiveWatchNoob

Hey guys, I´m new as the name suggests. I fell in love with watches, but being a student i have to be very selective in what watches I want to buy.

ryan-gosling-watch-in-drive-2.jpg

This is the watch i fell in love with last year and i found a watch which looks similar ( might change the strap). BUT, I found a lot of mixed reviews of the site and also it´s not in the recommended dealers section of this website. It´s this one: www.everlastings.cn/replica-patek-philippe-calatrava-5296g-p-554.html

Can you guys tell me if this is a reliable site or not, and how good/bad the watch movement etc. is that i will get if i buy it. I hope i´m not being too ignorant and i hope someone with more knowledge on the topic can help me.

kind regards

Not Quite Dead

Do not stray from the Trusted Dealers or M2M sales as you may well get stung and you will have no help. Read up on the new member links on front page and this will show you how to find the watch you want in a way that will not lead to tears at bedtime.

MassiveWatchNoob

It´s the watch from the movie drive, its made specially for that movie and i think i read somewhere that there were only 50 made and that theyre not real Patek Phillipes, I think i also saw a forum post about it here half a year ago. Ye I thought I was going to get something like that. But the price and offer they have is so tempting (designed to lure noobs like me in ofcourse).

GenTLe

If TDs can't get it, none can't get it. Easy.

Browse the album of watchfinder for particular ones. There are some interesting objects there!

MassiveWatchNoob

I will thank you!

Edited by MassiveWatchNoob

freddyfinger

TD= trusted dealer. these are dealers the forum mod's have built up a relationship with

BadApple
14a12ebb505bdee1b9509d3988461f77.png

Foxindebox

I've read threads previously regarding this particular watch (can't remember if here or on other boards) and the conclusion was that it's not available. However, if you send a picture to one of the TD's, they may be able to find something close. (Try Mary or Watchfinder as they seem to be able to source unusual stuff.

splke

if your budget is limited it might be worth try DH gate for something of a similar ilk

MAJ75

The closest that you are likely to get is that standard Calatrava (sadly no sub-dial at 6 though).

It is generally available through any of our trusted dealers here...........don't risk anywhere else...........

Change the strap up to something more vintage & you wont be too far away..................

TBPP.jpg

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_266&product_id=1775

Shouldn't break the bank at $300......................

therolexguy

I would rely on a trusted dealer and pay extra for the secure shipping to avoid custom difficulties

MassiveWatchNoob

Yes this is what i figured out also. Funny thing is that i also found that exact calastrava and thought it looked similar. I found a very nice one at the TD, nice movement etc but its quite expensive (390 dollars) including save shipping. I might consider it though, since it looks so good. Does anyone have this one: http://www.pf-818.com/pp00801-5227-calastrava-auto-ss-le-white-miyota-9015-calibre-324.html?___SID=U and does it work nicely with small wrists (mine are really small).

Foxindebox

The 5227 is a nice watch, I have one with a black dial. They do suit most wrists and are good value for money.

One more post and the member to member sales section will open for you. You might find one cheaper if you put up a want to buy ad.

MassiveWatchNoob

Here it is then, i know that 390 isn´t expensive for a good watch btw, but it is for me.

Foxindebox

Happy hunting!

BadApple

Yes this is what i figured out also. Funny thing is that i also found that exact calastrava and thought it looked similar. I found a very nice one at the TD, nice movement etc but its quite expensive (390 dollars) including save shipping. I might consider it though, since it looks so good. Does anyone have this one: http://www.pf-818.co...4.html?___SID=U and does it work nicely with small wrists (mine are really small).

Happy Hunting

MassiveWatchNoob

beautifull, I dont have a simple minimalistic watch like that one, I only have a chronograph. I think i might buy...

Davesjourney

Search for DC's review of the Calatrava 5227. Pics are f*cked due to Photofuckit, but the words are spot on!

kisomen

My opinion about buying a watch, first take into account where You want to wear it. For every day use I would consider a steel band, because if You choose a leather band, You have to consider the sweating, which can ruin the band.

Secondly, before You jump into the watchbuying, try to find one ina similar size in a local watchshop, just to see how it would fit on Your wrist.

Also consider what other accassories You are going to wear. For example if Your marriage ring is yellow gold, than You should consider a yellowgold or at least a rosegold watch instead of the steel ones.

About Your choiche it seems that You are not going to have a watch for showoff, so You don't need chronograph.

Last everything depends on Your wallet. You don't need to buy an expensive watch, but if I would have the chance I woud by a Tissot Chemin des Tourelles. It's expensive, around 1000€. If You would go for a replica I would consider Schaffhausen (IWC) portugieser series.

Chech out the trusted dealers collections here.

MassiveWatchNoob

I have a 42 mm nautica A16579g now, it sits okay on my wrist, but it is quite big in comparison to my mini wrists. I want to wear it daily , and I do a lot of outdoor sports and stuff and hiking. For that I will then use my nautica but for going to uni and stuff I want to wear the ¨Patek¨. The sweating is not nice buy i can replace the band every year or so right? That is not too bad..?

Also i really dont like metal straps, i think leater looks nicer, and NATO straps do too imo.

kisomen

The something around 38-40mm... Also check out Hirsch band... hirschag.com or de... I saw a kind of band, which has rubber inside(designed to let the air flow between rhe skin and the band) but it has a leather upperside.

MassiveWatchNoob

Great they sell those in the Netherlands.

kisomen

What are they selling in the land of cheese? :)

GenTLe

For straps: if you want to go cheap but good, look here -> http://www.watch-band-center.com/

If you want real crocodile, cheap but the quality may vary, look here -> http://stores.ebay.it/vnhandcraftart or here http://stores.ebay.it/Sobek-Alligator (they do custom ones too)

If you want top quality, check in the TD list for the strap makers.