kisomen

Fake or replica

kisomen

Hello Guys,

Yesterday I was watching -as ususal :) - videos on the internet, when I ran into an online course of watch dealer (authorised). It kept me thinking a bit.

He said anything that's not real is fake. Regardless how would you like to call it, fake or replica, it's the same, NOT real. If You would have a fake 100€ note, You wouldn't say it's a replica note, You would say it's fake. It seems logical.

Don't get me wrong, I like these watches very much, it just caught my attention.

NDJ

Every time you see a movie, it's all fake. The actors playing soldiers, astronauts, doctors, or whatever - they're all fakes.

Having said that, it doesn't usually detract from our enjoyment of watching the movie. Unless something is obviously fake.

It's the same with watches - this is why we all try to get the best fakes possible. :P

kisomen

You see, I never looked on this side of the fake/real comparsion. :)

kisomen

I think it more depends how would You like o see things.

Pure B

I only wear replica watches. Fakes are for the poor

northantsrich

I would say you have the below definitions.

Real = A mug willing to spend thousands on an often overpriced bit of mass produced watch that get annoyed every time someone says "is that a fake".

Fake = Someone who has saved thousands and likes the aesthetics and likes the idea of bucking the system a little.

At the end of the day you often get what you pay for so if you buy a gen you buy it for your own reasons.

narikaa

All Replicas are Fakes

But

Not all Fakes are Replicas

Thommo82

I'd say counterfeit is a better word

If it was a fake watch, that's kinda saying it's not actually a watch, right?

On a side note, I have no issue with fake tits, which are still actually tits....

Guess I'll rephrase

I have no issue with enhanced tits

narikaa

Sexton Blakes

BadApple

If you wear a Gen people think it is fake so you may as well save the money and instead make out your fake is a Gen.

The stock answer I give is "would you know if it is" when asked if it's real.

BadPickle

Fake watches are for fake people

rawbaws

If you want to get technical with the use of language it would be a fake (insert brand name here) but not a fake watch.

RUSH2112

Every time you masterbate it's fake. But you still do it.

greg_r

Bah. Meaningless argument about semantics.

nofucksgiven.gif

ortiizz

If you wear a Gen people think it is fake so you may as well save the money and instead make out your fake is a Gen.

Good one – will be stealing this for future nuisances. :D TY

But as far as fake, replica or some other variation – my take on this is that it's all linguistics and ppl define words differently regardless of what dictionaries make it out to be.

Griffo

The only time you'd be asked is if you wore a Rolex I'd say.

It's funny, really - you can put at £30K+ Patek rep on and nobody would ask anything, yet if you put a £5K sub on you'll get the questions.

Reason? The only luxury watch makers most people (who aren't into watches) know is Rolex.

By-Tor

Rolex is always fake in people's minds. Especially the classic ones because they're not impressive watches. Cheap feeling clasps and bracelets, light weight, etc. And there are lots of fake people buying fake Rolexes. :D

But most of the rep enthusiasts are different. We care about watches and we're not buying them to impress people. So we call them "replicas". :D

kisomen

Regardless of the original issue - let's call them B watches :) - I think with most of them You can fool almost everybody. To be honest guys, how many people You know personaly, and keep regular contact with him/her, who ons for example a Patek? Because I have no such friend like that. :)

And in the video the watchsmith also said, that there are fakes, from which You can tell them they are from more than 1meter, and there are some, where You have to switch on the light and put on the glass. I would like to go for those kind of B watches. :)

kisomen

And actually I don't agree with the swiss associations word, that fake watches are for fake people. Those, including me, whos buying those, we know what we buy. Personaly I buy them, because of there beauty. :)

By-Tor

Lots of fake people buy genuine Rolexes too. :D

Mr_B
All Replicas are Fakes

But

Not all Fakes are Replicas

deju
Hello Guys,

Yesterday I was watching -as ususal :) - videos on the internet, when I ran into an online course of watch dealer (authorised). It kept me thinking a bit.

He said anything that's not real is fake. Regardless how would you like to call it, fake or replica, it's the same, NOT real. If You would have a fake 100€ note, You wouldn't say it's a replica note, You would say it's fake. It seems logical.

Don't get me wrong, I like these watches very much, it just caught my attention.

If you have a €100 note not printed by the bank, it is called a forgery.

Mind blown.

Drops mic.

kisomen

Now that's what I hear rare. :D

kisomen

BuT with Your comparison about forgery, it's also the same for the watches, no?

Nikosaldente
Simone-Giertzs-Popcorn-Machine.gif