thorn697

8 months of progress

thorn697

Hey guys,

I was working on some projects today and opened a drawer with some of my first "straps" in it. It dawned on me that's its been 8 months since I took up this hobby. It's funny to think that I had never given a second thought to leather goods until the end of 2016. Now I own all these specialized tools and have a fairly substantial knowledge of leather. There have been lots of failures and some discouraging moments, but being able to create something that someone wants to wear on their wrist been so rewarding. If you've never made something from scratch with your bare hands, you ought to give it a try. It gives you a whole new appreciation for how things were done in the old days.

If anyone is interested in trying out leatherworking, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to give you some suggestions on getting started.

Now onto some pictures

The originals

VDPtSEQ.jpg

Most recent

mifzgb8.jpg

Side by side

1zJFXd4.jpg

Old edges

bdpBltt.jpg

Recent edges

P9u0vrn.jpg

As you can see, there's still so much to learn and improve upon even after making 50+ straps.

kisomen

Keep up practicing! Somw of them are really beautiful, I msut say. Congratulation, tha's something.

Thommo82

Great progress!

This is something imho I g to get into soon

A forum member near me has some tools and leathers for sale

Really looking forward to it

GenTLe

These are satisfactions, keep on practicing mate :)

Genius

Can definitely see you have come a long way and I've liked seeing your improvements in your progress thread! Keep it up

Foxindebox

I've just bought a job lot of leather tools/products so if you don't mind, I'll take you up on your offer! I'll send you a pm if it's OK and ask some advice :)

Btw, love your work!

Mr_B
I've just bought a job lot of leather tools/products so if you don't mind, I'll take you up on your offer! I'll send you a pm if it's OK and ask some advice :)

Btw, love your work!

If you get bored of the tools or replace with newer ones send me a pm :D

Foxindebox

Btw, love your work!

If you get bored of the tools or replace with newer ones send me a pm :D

Will do ;)

thorn697

Thank you guys :)

If anyone has some ideas that you want to see my try, I'm always looking to try something new.

Btw, love your work!

Thank you and absolutely. Feel free to reach out anytime. I'm sure your first question is what some of the tools are for.

Nikosaldente

Great progress!

Keep up the good work!

Foxindebox
Thank you guys :)

If anyone has some ideas that you want to see my try, I'm always looking to try something new.

Btw, love your work!

Thank you and absolutely. Feel free to reach out anytime. I'm sure your first question is what some of the tools are for.

No doubt in my mind at all... I haven't got a scooby;)