Sign in to follow this  
alfa01

Ready to burn $15K

alfa01

I wonder what will you buy if you are ready to burn $15K. I'm leaning towards AP 15400 White Dial , stainless steel. I think this classic would always be in fashion.

Deenowatch80

i would get a Rolex Explorer II vintage 1655

Mr_B

I'd say stick to classic Rolex, maybe a DateJust and a Daytona, cant go wrong and they keep their value.

kisomen

I would say an omega. Preferably de ville

Deenowatch80

I'd say stick to classic Rolex, maybe a DateJust and a Daytona, cant go wrong and they keep their value.

thumbs UP :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

splke

Seiko and blow the rest on prossies

Mr_B

This. :lmao:

tomtom1988

Daytona and it will happen :)

alfa01

I like the idea but the return on investment is only lasts 45 min. max. lol :drunksing: :rofl:

deju

Is it proper blow it money or do you need to retain value?

I'll be honest I love The exact AP you mention but for me they don't look like they hold value, used seem to be £10k that's like 5k off new.

I prefer Rolex where the watch is worth more as it ages.

Foxindebox

I like the idea but the return on investment is only lasts 45 min. max. lol :drunksing: :rofl:

But that's a lot of 45 mins if you decide to operate at the "skanky" end of the market... just saying.

RepGuy

I would use $10K for an exotic vacation/expenses, and spend the other $5K on a used Rolex... but that's just me

alfa01

Daytona is my 2nd choice. I guess no AP's yet?. I can't find anything less than $12K for AP 15400. Isn't that mean they keep their value well?

Mr_B
Daytona is my 2nd choice. I guess no AP's yet?. I can't find anything less than $12K for AP 15400. Isn't that mean they keep their value well?

I think they are popular at the moment being endorsed by boxers and other sportsmen, I'm sure they will loose value, they might not but it's a big risk. Daytona's are proven to hold value.

JazzDJ

I just help myself, I still want a Rolex Submariner two tone with blue dial. I'd go for either the older model 16613 or even the newer style 116613. I think that color and style combination is striking.

Abe Fromen

A used SD4000 and a used Panerai of some sort.

alfa01

I think they are popular at the moment being endorsed by boxers and other sportsmen, I'm sure they will loose value, they might not but it's a big risk. Daytona's are proven to hold value.

This particular model RO was first introduced in 1970's and hasn't changed much. Isn't that mean it is really a classic.? I like Daytona but I guess it comes down to personal taste.

SuperbMonster

Counselling

Moondustesp

A datejust 16014 and an IWC spitfire (used obviously). Perfecto combo! Goodluck :)

MAJ75

A datejust 16014 and an IWC spitfire (used obviously). Perfecto combo! Goodluck :)

Excellent choices Sir.....................

Moondustesp

Excellent choices Sir.....................

Thanks