Sign in to follow this  
Marcoman

USPS

Marcoman

Hi guys, I'm currently in negotiations to buy a nice piece on m2m....the seller has been great in terms of looking into option for delivery from us to my location in the middle East. DHL are way too expensive so the only viable option is usps. However, the seller is concerned that it won't be traceable once it leaves the states. I really appreciate his concern.

But I'm still very keen to pick up a bucket list watch at a great price. So my question if, does anyone have any experience sending a watch from the US to this region (or anywhere outside of the us) with usps? Any problems and is it reliable? Should I walk away?

I know there is always risk on the buyers part but is it any more risky going with the cheaper usps option For my situation.

Note that DHL delivered watches aside, I've had plenty of things sent here from the likes of Amazon and ASOS and an m2m from Germany and all arrived safe and sound without being tracked like dhl so maybe nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance for any advice.....

Edited by Marcoman

RepGuy

Tracking won't work outside of the USA. 99.9% of M2M sales list that they are not liable once they ship the watch, so if it goes missing in transit, it's on you.

With that being said, if it is a rep, I would lean towards DHL (never had a problem personally) for the faster delivery and tracking. You could go USPS, but there will be no tracking, and delivery will take longer.

If the watch is gen, I would use DHL only, as there is no real customs risk with a genuine watch.

Marcoman
Tracking won't work outside of the USA. 99.9% of M2M sales list that they are not liable once they ship the watch, so if it goes missing in transit, it's on you.

With that being said, if it is a rep, I would lean towards DHL (never had a problem personally) for the faster delivery and tracking. You could go USPS, but there will be no tracking, and delivery will take longer.

If the watch is gen, I would use DHL only, as there is no real customs risk with a genuine watch.

Problem with DHL is that seller was quoted 100 bucks which relative to the price of the watch, isn't feasible....high value gen yes, relatively low value rep, no...

Customs are not an issue from what I can tell....dont mind the wait....its really whether there's a reasonable chance it'll get lost....

RepGuy

Problem with DHL is that seller was quoted 100 bucks which relative to the price of the watch, isn't feasible....high value gen yes, relatively low value rep, no...

Customs are not an issue from what I can tell....dont mind the wait....its really whether there's a reasonable chance it'll get lost....

We'll nobody can tell you if there's a chance your watch will get lost. It's entirely dependent on factors outside of your control. Maybe you got a shady package handler that day and it disappears, or maybe you got honest workers and it arrives unharmed. I know this isn't an answer, but none of us know

Marcoman

Ah yeah I understand what you're saying alright...i guess what I'm hoping for is for people to weigh in and say that they had no issues either sending or receiving...i did a bit of a search on it and there's plenty or negative stories (possibly why seller is nervous for me) but my take on this kind of thing is that you'll only ever hear the negative stuff because no one needs to know that a usps package arrived without issue because that's what you pay for and expect!

WatchDog21

To ship from the US to another country with tracking is just expensive; that's all there is too it. I think USPS is the cheapest starting @ about $45. I have shipped m2m sales from the US to the UK and each time have used standard international first class which runs about $25 for a medium size package. Never had a problem but there is a risk.

Daffy

To ship from the US to another country with tracking is just expensive; that's all there is too it. I think USPS is the cheapest starting @ about $45. I have shipped m2m sales from the US to the UK and each time have used standard international first class which runs about $25 for a medium size package. Never had a problem but there is a risk.

I've just sent three packages internationally via USPS, one to France, one the UK, and one to the Netherlands. $13.50 each, tracked from my door to theirs.

Keep the weight under 8 ounces, and you're golden.

And this was done with the free small box that USPS gives away.

JazzDJ

Marcoman, I recently received a watch shipped from China to the US via USPS registered mail. That was the recommended shipping method suggested by the Trusted Dealer. When it was shipped, I the dealer provided me the USPS tracking number. The watch arrived just fine, no problems at all. It took a total of 2 weeks from the day it was sent out until I received it in Florida. The shipping cost was $20.00 US. Hope that may help. Good luck.

WatchDog21
I've just sent three packages internationally via USPS, one to France, one the UK, and one to the Netherlands. $13.50 each, tracked from my door to theirs. Keep the weight under 8 ounces, and you're golden. And this was done with the free small box that USPS gives away.

That price sounds like First Class international, is that correct? They sometimes tell you that you can use the customs # to track but I have yet to see that.

Daffy

Correct. First class international. You get a tracking number that shows up on the USPS site, and captures every step of the way.

Marcoman

Thanks for the replies guys.....keep em coming......my thinking is hat this is a risky game anyway so what's a little extra! But I'll take on board any other comments and advice!

WatchDog21

Correct. First class international. You get a tracking number that shows up on the USPS site, and captures every step of the way.

Do you do the customs form online? I use to hand write out he form and it never would show up in tracking. My recent return to Jason007 I did online and low and behold it shows!

Daffy

Do you do the customs form online? I use to hand write out he form and it never would show up in tracking. My recent return to Jason007 I did online and low and behold it shows!

I always do the customs form online. That might be the difference.