Sign in to follow this  
scottjk

Omega 8500 Movement

scottjk

My 1st purchase was a Omega Planet Ocean in Shanghai. Apparently the automatic movement sucks. Won't keep time overnight.

I'm interested in purchasing a 8500 clone movement. I'm obviously NOOB. Can someone direct me to where I can find one.

Thanks

Scott

rawbaws

There is no such thing.

You will find a variety of movements used the most common being a modified miyota 8215 which is a reliable movement but suffers from a stuttering second hand.

You may also find them in Miyota 9015 which is a great high beat movement or Asian 2824/36 - again - great movements.

Anything that looks like a 8500 will just be a decoration plate glued to the existing asian or Japanese movement.

Take note that you probably won't be able to just swap everything over from your existing asian 21j 2813 to a different type of movement as the dial and hands are unlikely to fit.

Edited by rawbaws

k4jun

Hi Scott,

Sadly there is no such a thing like 8500 clonned movement.

You can find various Eta/Miyotas decorated for 8500, but technically there is no way for jumping hour hand, 8500 date setting and so on.

Imo, the nicest 8500 decoration has this fantasy watch from JHF

OMG0467B_12.JPG

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=15704