goldrolexdaydate

114060 Submariner No Date Replicas - Opinions?

goldrolexdaydate

Hello all, after doing some research and comparing photos from Andrew's website (trustytime) as well as his sample QC photos, I can not decide between the different versions of the replicas for the 114060 No Date. As far as I can tell, the three best options are JF, BP and Noob:

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=17474

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=17060

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=15626

All of them look good in the sample QC that Andrew provides, however its hard to tell with details like the ceramic bezel, the numbers in the bezel, the bezel white "knob", the crown, etc.

Could someone who has experience with any of these replicas, or who has compared to a genuine 114060, please provide some advice, or your opinion on which is the most accurate replica externally? (I don't really mind how the movement looks inside) Andrew told me that BP is the best one, but I know that he works closely with BP so his opinion may be bias.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here they are side by side...

9z5nizD.jpg

Edited by goldrolexdaydate

BadApple

I gather that the Noob versions have the best case replication but I stand to be corrected....

Wriggles

I wouldn't have a notion as I hate Rolex as much as I hate the endless "who has the best sub" questions.

I believe Noob are generally the best but couldn't give a shit either way

Consider these facts

1.If you can't tell the difference from closely scrutinising close up pictures then surely in real life on your wrist who the fuck is going to be able to see any flaws

2. Everybody will assume it's fake anyway since fucking everybody wants a sub

3. Based on the above points I'd just buy whichever is the best price

But like I said I'd never buy one so my opinion is most likely of no use

I'd advise you would be far better off reading everything you can before making any purchase, education is the key to happiness in the rep game

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

splke

Reg just get a reg

goldrolexdaydate

Thanks for your help guys!

ciidlag

Just buy noob v7. It's a very nice replica. You wont be disapointed :) 

Here is my v7 hulk if you are interested to see how it looks.

Kleen™
On 10/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, Wriggles said:

I wouldn't have a notion as I hate Rolex as much as I hate the endless "who has the best sub" questions.

I believe Noob are generally the best but couldn't give a shit either way

Consider these facts

1.If you can't tell the difference from closely scrutinising close up pictures then surely in real life on your wrist who the fuck is going to be able to see any flaws

2. Everybody will assume it's fake anyway since fucking everybody wants a sub

3. Based on the above points I'd just buy whichever is the best price

But like I said I'd never buy one so my opinion is most likely of no use

I'd advise you would be far better off reading everything you can before making any purchase, education is the key to happiness in the rep game

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

Everything Wrigg said!

PS: You're welcome...;)

goldrolexdaydate

Thank you!

narikaa

If these differences 

Sheesh.JPG?raw=1

cause you worrying concerns

don't buy watches

buy therapy!

:D 

NFleischer

In general I prefer Noob products, BP has too many QC issues IMO. Live1 the Sub C guru at RepGeek said the new BP was very good however.

To me insert looks more gen like.  As everyone said, no civilian is going to know difference.

Explorr

Being in the rep business try to stay cool. Havin' found this forum is the best part. Enjoy whatever you will choose it'll most likely make you very happy. Don't overdo it chasing the ultimate rep, start enjoying.

Explrr

goldrolexdaydate
12 hours ago, NFleischer said:

In general I prefer Noob products, BP has too many QC issues IMO. Live1 the Sub C guru at RepGeek said the new BP was very good however.

To me insert looks more gen like.  As everyone said, no civilian is going to know difference.

12 hours ago, Explorr said:

Being in the rep business try to stay cool. Havin' found this forum is the best part. Enjoy whatever you will choose it'll most likely make you very happy. Don't overdo it chasing the ultimate rep, start enjoying.

Explrr

Cheers guys.

elmerlo
On 10/8/2017 at 08:26, goldrolexdaydate said:

Hello all, after doing some research and comparing photos from Andrew's website (trustytime) as well as his sample QC photos, I can not decide between the different versions of the replicas for the 114060 No Date. As far as I can tell, the three best options are JF, BP and Noob:

You can't compare them out of those pics...

I have the Gen and Noob V7 and made a comparison a while ago in these forums: Noob has awfully dark bezel fonts, which "disappear" in low light conditions. In the sun, you are fine, the rest is pretty much OK.

Of course, if you put them side by side, differences come up (*), but very few will face that situation in real life... ;) 

A couple of years ago I had bought a BP, with many visual flaws and sold it after a few days, maybe they have improved it, dunno.

(*) Rehaut is crispier on the Gen; ceramic bezel is better polished, bezel fonts are slightly larger and a bit reflective due to applied platinum, rotor doesn't make any noise, bezel clicks differently...

goldrolexdaydate
6 hours ago, elmerlo said:

You can't compare them out of those pics...

I have the Gen and Noob V7 and made a comparison a while ago in these forums: Noob has awfully dark bezel fonts, which "disappear" in low light conditions. In the sun, you are fine, the rest is pretty much OK.

Of course, if you put them side by side, differences come up (*), but very few will face that situation in real life... ;) 

A couple of years ago I had bought a BP, with many visual flaws and sold it after a few days, maybe they have improved it, dunno.

(*) Rehaut is crispier on the Gen; ceramic bezel is better polished, bezel fonts are slightly larger and a bit reflective due to applied platinum, rotor doesn't make any noise, bezel clicks differently...

The many reviews of the dark bezel font is whats stopping me from just buying a V7, as I can deal with all other imperfections, but the bezel is a huge thing and want as close as possible to the gen look without mods. Thanks for sharing!

black263
1 hour ago, goldrolexdaydate said:

The many reviews of the dark bezel font is whats stopping me from just buying a V7, as I can deal with all other imperfections, but the bezel is a huge thing and want as close as possible to the gen look without mods. Thanks for sharing!

That's as close as possible for now.  Every new release is a new "as close as possible".  If you want perfection, don't bother with reps.

elmerlo
2 hours ago, goldrolexdaydate said:

You're welcome!

If your concern is the bezel, better not buying any rep of that model, or even an Omega. That is where the gens make the difference (and beware: I am not justifying the cost of the gen in any way).

Go and have a look at the production process of a Cerachrom or a LiquidMetal (for this there is an Omega video) bezel and think that our Chinese friends just take a ring of ceramic and paint it... That will never be close to the gen. :)

goldrolexdaydate
10 hours ago, black263 said:

That's as close as possible for now.  Every new release is a new "as close as possible".  If you want perfection, don't bother with reps.

9 hours ago, elmerlo said:

You're welcome!

If your concern is the bezel, better not buying any rep of that model, or even an Omega. That is where the gens make the difference (and beware: I am not justifying the cost of the gen in any way).

Go and have a look at the production process of a Cerachrom or a LiquidMetal (for this there is an Omega video) bezel and think that our Chinese friends just take a ring of ceramic and paint it... That will never be close to the gen. :)

Thank you guys! Will most likely just settle for the v7, and then if I'm too disappointed with the bezel, with splurge on a gen insert.

elmerlo
On 15/8/2017 at 03:02, goldrolexdaydate said:

Thank you guys! Will most likely just settle for the v7, and then if I'm too disappointed with the bezel, with splurge on a gen insert.

Go for the V7 and forget the gen insert. I guess the latter is more an urban myth.
AFAIK Rolex doesn't sell spare parts, and replaces their stuff only at authorized repair centers, with their watches at hand to see why the parts have to be replaced.
Upon repair, they give you a listing of which parts have been changed.

goldrolexdaydate
13 minutes ago, elmerlo said:

Go for the V7 and forget the gen insert. I guess the latter is more an urban myth.
AFAIK Rolex doesn't sell spare parts, and replaces their stuff only at authorized repair centers, with their watches at hand to see why the parts have to be replaced.
Upon repair, they give you a listing of which parts have been changed.

Oh ok thanks for letting me know, I haven't really researched gen parts. That makes sense considering rolex's approach to servicing