Undinist

UK members: what payment method & TD combo works for you? My bank charged £23 for a transfer!

Undinist

The question's in the title.  I've bought just one rep from a TD so far and am hoping UK peeps can clue me into a more economical approach.  InTime,  a TD over at the other place, gives a 5% discount for paying by bank transfer. That reduced the price from £282 to £268,  a saving of £14, which was wiped out by the Co-Op Bank fee of  £23.  I would rather have paid by WU,  for which InTime gives an 8% discount, but they said I couldn't because they'd already reached their monthly WU limit. I've never paid by WU before but the fee would have been £2.90 and the discount would have been £22.50.  So I  wasted £29 just because InTime had reached their WU limit. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. 

BadPickle

Cash, western union and patience. The best recipe for fake Chinese watches :lol:

black263
22 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Cash, western union and patience. The best recipe for fake Chinese watches :lol:

And Paypal, once you've built up a relationship with the TD.  (even better if you've had a few beers together)

Undinist

It's a long way to go for a Tsingtao.  Can I claim travelling expenses?

Genius

Revolut is good for card payments,  transferwise for bank transfers 

Waspy

I bought a watch from Perfect Clones.

Paid by Credit Card, no worries.

Undinist

Do they give a discount for credit card payments?

BadApple
24 minutes ago, Undinist said:

Nope but they do with Western Union. 

Open an account up and load the App to your phone - a piece of urine.... £8.90 per transaction UK to China 

Genius
23 minutes ago, Undinist said:

no chance it's a pain in the arse for them to accept them and it costs them high % rates hence the discounts for "cash" and WU or BT is a cash equivalent ie no fees and no chargebacks 

WU is pretty easy to be honest done online and the fees aren't too bad, transferwise is easy too and even lower fees

TRANSPORTER

W silix and paypal for me, I always use paypal, my prefered way of paying, although silix did say it's only western union last time I was going to buy (checking for an SOA)  

Undinist
37 minutes ago, Genius said:

no chance it's a pain in the arse for them to accept them and it costs them high % rates hence the discounts for "cash"

Well, quite.  Waspy's probably paying too much.  

Genius
1 hour ago, Undinist said:

Well, quite.  Waspy's probably paying too much.  

yes and no... Some people prefer to skip the discount for the convenience of card payment

Undinist
On 12/08/2017 at 16:58, black263 said:

And Paypal, once you've built up a relationship with the TD.  (even better if you've had a few beers together)

Why is Paypal good? Do TDs  give a discount if you  use it? The 8% discount for WU seems fairly typical - I would have thought everyone would want to use it because of such a big discount. You can do WU on your PC, so why not take the 8%? Am I missing something here?

E2A: 10% discount for WU at ToroBravo seems to be the winner, especially as the price of the watch I'm about to order is $10 lower there than at any other TD.