RepGuy

Grail Arrived

RepGuy

Luckily this arrived when I was home, as it required a signature. Something I have been waiting on finally arrived from overseas, and its just as great as I was hoping it would be. After some creative searching and messaging, I got a deal on a new Visconti Abyssus that put the price into the realm of affordable. While not for everybody, I really like the styling of this, and the bronze case/bracelet fits right in with my other watches. This model was limited to 133 pieces, and is number 55. It features a Swiss movement (specs below), but Visconti chose to label the watch as "Made In Florence", which I like. Water resistant to 3000m, and featuring a unique patented crown and bezel lock system makes this a true tool diver,  and although it wont be seeing any of that on my wrist, it's nice to have the features regardless. While Visconti is firstly a luxury pen manufacturer, they have gone the route of Montblanc in recent years and branched out into the watchmaking industry. What's unique about their line of watches is that they have been designed by formed heads at Anonimo, who was also an Italian watchmaker, but shut down, allowing Visconti to hire these men. Overall, it feels better than I could have hoped for, and it's apparent that this is a luxury built watch. Everything is solid and fits snugly together, and it feels of the same quality as many other luxury brands I have tried on and played with (Rolex, Panerai, Hublot, Tudor). As always, my photos are basic at best, and probably don't capture it as well as it could be, but what can you expect from a phone camera in natural lighting :lol:

Movement:

Swiss made automatic movement 28.800 A/h. Adjusted to 5 positions, average rate -5 +10 sec./day. Soignée finish, self-winding mass with engraved Visconti logo. Power reserve: approx. 42 hours. Dimensions: Ø 25.60 mm. Thickness 5.10 mm. VI-AC264-02 based on Soprod 9340 m 31 jewels, Glucydur balance wheel.

Dimensions:

Diameter 45.00 mm Thickness 17.80 mm Overall dimensions at crown 54.40 mm Height 57.90 mm

EDIT: Fixed photos

tLCeUOG.jpg

4VuTL45.jpg

ae9pHYj.jpg

S6YUMeT.jpg

c72Lqae.jpg

sYNN5eq.jpg

c20X7Zo.jpg

iKQzBX2.jpg

SQRYI3d.jpg

FjGm4FP.jpg

QM6l5mZ.jpg

Nikosaldente

So your Grail is a cardboard box?

:giggle:

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Nikosaldente said:

So your Grail is a cardboard box?

:giggle:

Sorry, imgbb wouldn't cooperate with me. Although the pictures are sideways, they are all there now

Nikosaldente
49 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Sorry, imgbb wouldn't cooperate with me. Although the pictures are sideways, they are all there now

Everything is fine now!

Awesome watch mate, it looks massive!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

Nikosaldente
49 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Everything is fine now!

Cheers!

RepGuy
1 minute ago, Nikosaldente said:

Everything is fine now!

Cheers!

Thank you. It's a 45mm case, and bumps up to 54mm with the crown,  but wears well. It's thickness definitely adds to the overall large appearance, but I have a few others around the same dimensions that I regularly wear.

NCRich

Is that a dog on your arm?  Not the watch :lol:

cvp3

Wow, that watch is serious business. I like it!!!!

RepGuy
33 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Is that a dog on your arm?  Not the watch :lol:

Nah, it's a skull tied into the rest of the lower part of my sleeve. I can see how it resembles that inbthe picture though. I've got plenty of tattoos, including a clock :B):

Here's a better picture of the skull you saw

20170812_153121.jpg

33 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

Wow, that watch is serious business. I like it!!!!

Thank you, it's got a steampunk vibe to it that I really liked when I saw it online. It wears very well so far

Thommo82

I like this a lot, especially the bracelet

Great looking watch mate

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

I like this a lot, especially the bracelet

Great looking watch mate

Thanks, the bracelet was a big selling point to me. It's not every day that you find a bronze bracelet to go with a watch.

Cubic Hare

That's the first bronze bracelet I have seen. Nice one...

Cubes

Thommo82
58 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Thanks, the bracelet was a big selling point to me. It's not every day that you find a bronze bracelet to go with a watch.

I really like the links, great different style. Can I ask how much you paid? 

RepGuy
33 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I really like the links, great different style. Can I ask how much you paid? 

I got a deal too good to pass up, but it was still fairly pricey. I did end up paying less than half of the going rate on these though  new

dave47

VERY nice pick up, R.!  I haven't heard of this brand before but always learn something new here.  Have fun with this beauty.

dave

wolfwood
3 hours ago, RepGuy said:

I got a deal too good to pass up, but it was still fairly pricey. I did end up paying less than half of the going rate on these though  new

Wow, that is a good deal!

Jibuti

love the watch, mate.... and the crocs too...

Genius

Is that a bronze bracelet? 

Thought the reason that isn't done is it turns your skin green...  Hence other bronze watches having steel or ti casebacks

Paparolf

Great looking watch, for me stainless steel. May have to get me one!!

Moondustesp

That is one crazy watch. Glad you got your grail, enjoy it :B):

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Genius said:

Is that a bronze bracelet? 

Thought the reason that isn't done is it turns your skin green...  Hence other bronze watches having steel or ti casebacks

Yes, the  bracelet is bronze. I was reading that Visconti treats the bracelet to prevent any reaction to skin, but that's all it said. So far, there has been no reaction when wearing it though 

1 hour ago, jibuti said:

love the watch, mate.... and the crocs too...

Thanks, I'm always wearing my house crocs :lol:

thorn697

Really like the dial and lume. Suits you well. Enjoy it!

RepGuy
1 hour ago, thorn697 said:

Really like the dial and lume. Suits you well. Enjoy it!

Thank you, I tend to like chunkier watches, so it's a good fit. The lume is excellent, and lasts the longest out of my collection.

myaz

Yes, the  bracelet is bronze. I was reading that Visconti treats the bracelet to prevent any reaction to skin, but that's all it said. So far, there has been no reaction when wearing it though 

Treat as they may, response will vary from different persons who may also be "allergic" to any one or more substances. To wit, my wife's skin turns red, typically not right away, when in contact with some but not all gold. It's gotta be one of the other metals used in the alloy, likely nickel.  She developed a reaction to the wedding ring years down the road, I thought it might be a sign from the gods, but the problem went away after rhodium plating the inside of the ring. But I digress:blush:

Anyways, whether simply oxidation in reaction to your body's particular chemistry and ambient atmospheric conditions or "allergy", you don't know until you know. VIsconti has taken a risk, done homework and put it out there on sale. That bracelet looks so damn good, I'm glad you're fine with it.

RepGuy
3 minutes ago, myaz said:

Thank you for the information. If my wrist was turning green, I figured it would be easy enough to have a strap made to remove the issue. I hope that isn't necessary though, as it's a really unique feature.