Sign in to follow this  
FoxWilde

Status Update: Are the 31135 clones still bad?

FoxWilde

It's been a who;e since I've seen postings about 3135 movements, but it's all the rage with my dealers. 3135 movements clones to gen they say. How are the Rolex clone movements these days? Guess this goes to the other movements besides 3135...

greg_r

The latest ones seem to be a bit less troublesome than the earlier versions, but the basic problems relating to parts and service remain the same.

RepGuy

The movement in my Noob V7 worked well, and I have heard that quality has improved, but they still have problems (just like any other movement). An issue that will always come up with these, like Greg said, is with service and repair. The custom components and looks are enough to turn many normal watchsmiths off of working with them. And even the ones that are willing to work on them don't always have the parts needed for repair. The old advice to opt for an A2836 still stands

k4jun

Currently there are two types of clones - SA3135 and SH3135.

SA - as you remember and had said - they used to be dirty and could broke quite easily, I've seen post that now they are quite clear. Big con of SA is that it does not take almost any of gen parts, once broken -> put it in a bin -> buy a new replacement SA.

SH - which is Yuki plus nicer decoration. I read ppl are rather happy with them out of the box. SH takes gen parts expect the Rollie balance.

k4jun

There is also a 3rd type - A3135, but they are not a clone, technically it's eta plus 3135 deco

FoxWilde

Does anyone know if the 3135 clones are quieter than 2836s? It's not such a big deal but I like to research before I pick a side. I had an Asian 2836 which was wonderful (until a keyless fuckup) and a Swiss ETA which is wonderful but they're reasonably loud. Just trying to compare them before I choose which one to buy...

k4jun

I do have both and 3135 is noticable quiter, however both watches are just few days old.

Also note that the movement determines the CGs shape,

Top is 2836, bottom 3135

LjT6gQ0.jpg

pic borrowed from next door

FoxWilde
4 hours ago, k4jun said:

I do have both and 3135 is noticable quiter, however both watches are just few days old.

Also note that the movement determines the CGs shape,

Top is 2836, bottom 3135

LjT6gQ0.jpg

pic borrowed from next door

Is the 3135 crown guard more genuine? Is it possible to purchase a 3135 watch and swap the movement? Maybe I can make some money back if I sell the 3135 movement after a swap....

k4jun

Yes, 3135 CGs are considered as most per gen. 

I've seen the builds 3135+Eta being sold next door, though I do not know the details how to do it.

k4jun
21 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

Is the 3135 crown guard more genuine? Is it possible to purchase a 3135 watch and swap the movement? Maybe I can make some money back if I sell the 3135 movement after a swap....

And I forgot to mention there is a difference in a bezel click sound between 3135 case and 2836 case. Don't understand how is that possible as both do have gen bezel assembly, but 2836 sound is more muted.