Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

I Found Another One

RepGuy

These Facebook watch groups never fail to disappoint. Enjoy this WOTD someone posted

FB_IMG_1502641849552.jpg
FB_IMG_1502641854092.jpg
FB_IMG_1502641856267.jpg
FB_IMG_1502641851966.jpg

Moondustesp

Wooooooow

Genius

There are some things I like about that watch 

Like I never have to look at it again 

Redbeard88

That dude has some serious wrist hair,:ass-kick:

k4jun

WTF is that???

ciidlag

The watch is so ugly that after seeing this I need to pour acid on my eyes to get the image out of my head :bugeyes::therapy:

I'm curious though, what kind of feedback has it received in FB?

RUSH2112

Makes me think about selling every watch I own 

RepGuy
1 hour ago, ciidlag said:

The watch is so ugly that after seeing this I need to pour acid on my eyes to get the image out of my head :bugeyes::therapy:

I'm curious though, what kind of feedback has it received in FB?

Surprisingly it has received good feedback, but what can you expect.

kisomen

It's for douchebags... :D

MetalMickey

Payment sent.

Who wouldn't want to wear a fully functioning sundial on their wrist?

Genius
8 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Payment sent.

Who wouldn't want to wear a fully functioning sundial on their wrist?

FZ7CIXHH0OJ15LR.MEDIUM.jpg

sd7620ful.jpg?t=1424745286

phone

Jesus... That is awful.

Mr_B

Best bit about this post

1 hour ago, Redbeard88 said:

That dude has some serious wrist hair,:ass-kick:

Jibuti
3 hours ago, k4jun said:

WTF is that???

WOTD...

RepGuy
2 hours ago, phone said:

Jesus... That is awful.

Not according to the people in the group drooling over it :lol:

Icemix69

Hideous, you have to be a special sort of twat to wear that

paccbet

Facebook watch groups are a joke :bsod:

brang1

As worn by WEREWOLVES everywhere! That is one hairy goat herder

bose_sucks

That is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

fatarms

They make you register your limited edition number BEFORE the watch company will send you the winding tool for this watch.

I'm not kidding.

http://www.bdwf.net/forum/showthread.php?s=7f84b31893a91aa518944935ff6702bb&t=63085

:blink:

RepGuy
52 minutes ago, rassvet said:

Facebook watch groups are a joke :bsod:

I don't want to be rude, as everybody has their own opinions in those groups, but most people who post have ideas that are against most watch enthusiasts. 

- Quartz is king over there. I get it, as it requires little maintenance, but any automatic is like a luxury item in these groups I have seen

- The brands are limited to either no-name quartz watches, Invicta, or Tag Huer for the most part. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but variety is limited

- Many people have wild ideas about watch maintenance and modding. This is dangerous to people who don't know what they're doing, as it can seriously damage or break their watch. The current trend in one group is to "heat treat" cheap stainless watch bracelets to make them colorful. Although an inherently stupid idea for multiple reasons, I keep my mouth shut.

- MSRP is considered to be accurate in these groups. People legitimately believe that the no name quartz or Invicta they bought is worth the $1300 marked on the sticker. What happens is they buy these from stores for a real price (let's say $90), and then try to flip it on the group for the $1300 sticker price. Many buyers know better, but some don't.

- Many watches posted come from unusual places. For example, there are multiple posts per day of "deals" on strange quartz watches gotten from places like Target and TJ Max (not kidding). This is also fine, but it's weird to see this.  Also, QVC (the TV shopping channel) is a big thing there.

- Strange trade requests are common. Right now, there is one individual offering a pair of Nike shoes, a used home theatre system, and even gaming headsets in exchange for watches. Many trade requests simply list the watch they want to trade and something along the lines of "show me what you've got".

- More elitism and snobbery than I have seen even on gen forums. It's amazing the complex you see with some members because they have a Tag Huer quartz from 20 years ago beat to hell. You'd think they were posting about a Newman Daytona with how they talk to other members about it. 

- On one Facebook group in particular (won't name it so as not to appear as a promotion), which is run by an actual company, they offer a Spin Wheel on their official website to members. The wheel allows a member to pay for spins in order to get a watch sent out to them. With spins costing around $45+ each, some members post "brag" photos showing their 10 or 20 spins, which is filled with quartz watches they won. I have noticed a trend with many of these high spin members. They post this brag photo, and a few days to a week later, they are trying to sell off their collection for unknown reasons. It's a sad sight to see.

paccbet
23 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

I don't want to be rude, as everybody has their own opinions in those groups, but most people who post have ideas that are against most watch enthusiasts. 

- Quartz is king over there. I get it, as it requires little maintenance, but any automatic is like a luxury item in these groups I have seen

- The brands are limited to either no-name quartz watches, Invicta, or Tag Huer for the most part. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but variety is limited

- Many people have wild ideas about watch maintenance and modding. This is dangerous to people who don't know what they're doing, as it can seriously damage or break their watch. The current trend in one group is to "heat treat" cheap stainless watch bracelets to make them colorful. Although an inherently stupid idea for multiple reasons, I keep my mouth shut.

- MSRP is considered to be accurate in these groups. People legitimately believe that the no name quartz or Invicta they bought is worth the $1300 marked on the sticker. What happens is they buy these from stores for a real price (let's say $90), and then try to flip it on the group for the $1300 sticker price. Many buyers know better, but some don't.

- Many watches posted come from unusual places. For example, there are multiple posts per day of "deals" on strange quartz watches gotten from places like Target and TJ Max (not kidding). This is also fine, but it's weird to see this.  Also, QVC (the TV shopping channel) is a big thing there.

- Strange trade requests are common. Right now, there is one individual offering a pair of Nike shoes, a used home theatre system, and even gaming headsets in exchange for watches. Many trade requests simply list the watch they want to trade and something along the lines of "show me what you've got".

- More elitism and snobbery than I have seen even on gen forums. It's amazing the complex you see with some members because they have a Tag Huer quartz from 20 years ago beat to hell. You'd think they were posting about a Newman Daytona with how they talk to other members about it. 

- On one Facebook group in particular (won't name it so as not to appear as a promotion), which is run by an actual company, they offer a Spin Wheel on their official website to members. The wheel allows a member to pay for spins in order to get a watch sent out to them. With spins costing around $45+ each, some members post "brag" photos showing their 10 or 20 spins, which is filled with quartz watches they won. I have noticed a trend with many of these high spin members. They post this brag photo, and a few days to a week later, they are trying to sell off their collection for unknown reasons. It's a sad sight to see.

Interesting. Trying to wrap my head around all this especially the "heat treat". Hmmm. 

RepGuy
2 minutes ago, rassvet said:

Interesting. Trying to wrap my head around all this especially the "heat treat". Hmmm. 

It's idiotic to say the least, but it makes the band hues of red and purple. Members of the group have even sent their bracelets in to get treated by other members who have blow torches

paccbet
11 hours ago, RepGuy said:

It's idiotic to say the least, but it makes the band hues of red and purple. Members of the group have even sent their bracelets in to get treated by other members who have blow torches

Just looked it up and not sure if I'm into it especially on a bracelet!:facepalm:

RepGuy
1 hour ago, rassvet said:

Just looked it up and not sure if I'm into it especially on a bracelet!:facepalm:

It has the possibility to make the bracelets warp and become structurally unsound. Aside from the points I made above, there are some members in these groups that know what they're talking about, but they are far outweighed by those who do not. It's a great source of entertainment regardless, so I'll be staying subscribed to these few groups for the time being.