kisomen

Has anyone have a replica like this?

kisomen

Hi guys,

I was looking an Omega replica, this to be precise:

http://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=378&product_id=3546

I was wondering has anyone like this? I'm interested in the movement. As it seems that it should have the same movement as this:

http://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=380&product_id=5439

I was wondering that the chrono subdials works as they should?

What's Your experience/opinion/thoughts?

kisomen

What I mean is the subdial at 3 works as on the genuine?

Genius
13 minutes ago, thorn697 said:

It should. The TDs will mark them as faux if they did not function. 

You can see a video of a similar movement modified from a 7750 here.

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=17547

But this claims to be miyota not a 7750.. 

It also claims it's actually a coaxial escapement so I'd go the other way and assume nothing works 

Miyota 9300/9301....    Modified Automatic Movement, Functional Co-Axial as Original!

Nikosaldente
21 minutes ago, thorn697 said:

It should. The TDs will mark them as faux if they did not function. 

You can see a video of a similar movement modified from a 7750 here.

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=17547

The Subdial @3 sure works, but not as the Gen.....

The Gen has an In House Omega 9300 movement with a Minute Hand(Orange) and an Hour Hand(Grey) that both move counting minutes and hours.

The Rep has a modified 7750 movement that simply cannot have such a complication; Only the Minute Hand(Orange) moves during the Chrono function.

kisomen

I was thinking about buying one of this Omega, but my biggest fear, that the chrono subdial at 3 doesn't work as it should be. It would look ridiculous.

I checked the Miyota movements as well, they don't offer a movement like this, but than again, I don't know how big would be the work, to modify it.

That's why I'm asking...

Wriggles

If you really think a sub dial working not exactly as gen is ridiculous then back away from reps and stick to gens.

Either that or I've got a bridge I would like to sell you, I'll throw in a free Swiss AAA 1:1 exact copy replica as a bonus just for you

black263
13 hours ago, kisomen said:

I was thinking about buying one of this Omega, but my biggest fear, that the chrono subdial at 3 doesn't work as it should be. It would look ridiculous.

I checked the Miyota movements as well, they don't offer a movement like this, but than again, I don't know how big would be the work, to modify it.

That's why I'm asking...

Modding this is really simple.  You buy a gen movement, case, dial, hands,  crowns, crystal, tubes and stems.  Replace the rep parts with the new ones, and it will work just like the gen.  (bracelet may be a bit of a tell, but that's also not difficult.)

ciidlag
6 minutes ago, black263 said:

Modding this is really simple.  You buy a gen movement, case, dial, hands,  crowns, crystal, tubes and stems.  Replace the rep parts with the new ones, and it will work just like the gen.  (bracelet may be a bit of a tell, but that's also not difficult.)

:rofl: 

kisomen

Actually what I was thinking besides buying the original ( :) ), that I buy both watches, and swap the movement... it might work I think...

And it's definitely cheaper... :)

Xpletiv

Stop right there, I can tell from this side of the planet that the sub at 3 is wayyyyyy the F off!