Sign in to follow this  
maxmood

New member to RWG :)

maxmood

Hi all,

new to the forum, new to reps and would probably be more involved in watches.. Out of the blue, i'm having a major interest in watches, so went out bought few (used and new) which mostly were designers, but fell in love with Omegas and vintage watches..

i will defo try and save up for a gen Omega, but for the time being, i want to have that watch on my hand.. 

I went through the forum, read the instructions and everything seems clear enough (and thanks for putting all the info together).

However, i may have missed this, and i searched the forum, but couldn't find similar question.. Is it possible to get vintage reps? like from the 70s or 80s? i browsed couple of the TDs catalogs but they were all new and recent years releases.  

Edited by maxmood

edwinowl

Hi and welcome, you're in luck as the site has just been revamped last week and is now better than ever and easier to research. 

I don't buy reps now but many on here do and essentially yes there are pieces available I understand from Tds that are vintage style, either that or they can be built or come for sale on m2m now and again. 

dappel08

There are a couple of TD's that carry vintage replica watches.  In my research I have found the majority are vintage Rolex submariner and Daytona.  Check out Trusty Time.

trendconcept

Hello and welcome (coming from another Newbie).

I also started with designer watches. At the beginning I could not understand why someone spent tens of thousands of dollars on a watch. But as soon as you get closer to the subject and the enthusiasm rises, you start to understand the value of the watches. From this moment, the desire and pursuit of perfection begins. And ends with many people buying a gen. You seem to be close to this point. Omega is a good choice for going gen.

I like vintage watches too. But not the kind of vintage watches that one can buy at the TD. Rather, the ones you see at Theo & Harris. I like the fact that the vintage watches are not so big and chunky. At that time, watches were not there to attract attention. They were simply timeless and elegant pieces.

With good luck you'll find beautiful vintage pieces on the M2M platform. But then I'll be your competitor :D

Cheers!

maxmood

thanks guys.. i'm checking every TD here for vintages, yet no eye-catching watch.. I have no interest in Rolex, don't know why, but they're not my type :)..  So, this M2M is now mentioned twice here, what is it? and where to access it?

edwinowl
50 minutes ago, maxmood said:

thanks guys.. i'm checking every TD here for vintages, yet no eye-catching watch.. I have no interest in Rolex, don't know why, but they're not my type :)..  So, this M2M is now mentioned twice here, what is it? and where to access it?

You'll have to re read your T's and C's when you signed up and rack up a certain post count first before access. 

maxmood

unfortunately, didn't go through the T and C's.. so i'll probably have to build up my post count. is it a sub forum?

black263
11 hours ago, maxmood said:

unfortunately, didn't go through the T and C's.. so i'll probably have to build up my post count. is it a sub forum?

Then it's about time you did, as we don't spoonfeed here.  And you need to build up your post count with quality posts.  Last time someone tried this he ended up with negative post count.

maxmood
9 hours ago, black263 said:

Then it's about time you did, as we don't spoonfeed here.  And you need to build up your post count with quality posts.  Last time someone tried this he ended up with negative post count.

Lol.. not new to forums, i know how things work.. ;)

Thanks btw

Daffy
14 minutes ago, maxmood said:

Lol.. not new to forums, i know how things work.. ;)

Thanks btw

You can see M2M now.  Main page, then scroll down.

maxmood
1 hour ago, Daffy said:

You can see M2M now.  Main page, then scroll down.

Cheers.. i can see that now :)

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG. :)