jonas.kpc

Breitling Navitimer + Movement Help

jonas.kpc

Hi community!

I recently joined this forum and already read through, anyway, I'm actually really noob.

Now I'm totally interested in buying my first watch. It should be the Breitling Navitimer 01, Black Dial with Sticks.

I heard that there are two common replica versions of this watch. The older one has more flaws, but a 28800bph movement. The newer one is said to be copied more precise, but has a 21600bph movement, isn't this really obvious and a big flaw? I'd really like to have a 28800 movement! Is there already a newer version, which has corrected old flaws but also a faster movement and not 21600?

So I just found another model on TrustyTime.

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=15405

Info says it has a Nickle Plated Asia 7750 Valjoux movement. I've never heard of "Valjoux", but I heard that the older 7750 movements are extremely unreliable?! Is Valjoux a newer, better version and therefore more reliable? Or is it the same and also not really reliable?

What is your general opinion about this watch from TrustyTime?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

JKbreitling-navitimer-01-chronograph-navit

Edited by jonas.kpc
additional pictures

Left Coast Guy

You really need to go back and re-read the intro threads.....you may get some answers to your questions here, but if you buy with your current understanding (or lack thereof) you're likely going to be in for a world of hurt. If you fail to set realistic, educated expectations, you'll very surely be disappointed. 

I can't speak to what models you were looking at, but generally 21,600 BPH mov'ts refer to 21J or 2813 cheap mov'ts -- for this model, that would mean that the buttons are fake and subdials do nothing....a pretty poor copy to be sure.  If you want the buttons/dials to work, you need to buy a 7750 version....where there are several.....each with their own flaws and highlights.....so you'd be best served to use the search bar and the Breitling section and read for yourself what those flaws are and decide which you want to live with. 

In general, the more complications in a watch, the more likely it is to breakdown -- 7750 have several functions, hence several ways to break. I've got several and have never had an issue, but they are less reliable than other mov'ts and somewhat expensive to service (maybe as much as the rep cost itself). 

The dealer is immaterial.....again you'd learn this if you read the intro section. 

Please friend.....READ