Undinist

Day-Date 40 228206, Noob 1:1 Best, my first rep. Underwhelmed

Majwilliams0308

yeah, I'm kind of with the others.  The watch IS a beaut, but it's tough for the rep factories to get the finish right without using the actual high end materials.  

I'm with you that posting QC pics is okay so long as it's for conversation purposes, which yours is.  I don't think this thread should discuss that, and focus on the day-date dial differences instead.  

NFleischer

The blue did look darker in the TD pictures, you're right.  The cyclops is part of the Rolex deal, consider a Seadweller perhaps.

You know this is about a $35K watch in real life, rep may not be the same.

Undinist

I'm going to keep it, get the Prof crystal, and sneak into some dealers in the hope of seeing a gen.  There must be one of these somewhere in London. Only then will I pronounce a final judgement on this watch!

Genius

Worth noting a gen Rolex crystal will never look anywhere near as good as a prof crystal.  Definitely an improvement to any watch but also less gen like

goldrolexdaydate

The watch in the QC and in the photos you posted is a BP DayDate 40, not a Noob.

See for yourself:

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=16600

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=16016

Compare the day-wheel (Monday-Tuesday...) of your watch with these, and also compare the thickness of the stick hour markers.

Having said that, BP is to my knowledge is the more accurate replica of the two, with better details. I have one in YG with Champagne Dial, and the only thing that bothers me about BP of course is the daywheel font. 

Undinist

Well, fuck me, I bought the wrong fucking watch! The Noob blue is wonderful! How the fuck did I do that??? The first time I shortlisted this watch was when I saw the Noob version at Kuvarsit. But I ended up a couple of weeks later at InTime and I picked the BP one. I never even realised that both watches are on the InTime site. FUUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!

goldrolexdaydate
15 minutes ago, Undinist said:

Well, fuck me, I bought the wrong fucking watch! The Noob blue is wonderful! How the fuck did I do that???

If you placed an order with your TD for Noob, but he sent you QC with BP, then the TD's practices are questionable, especially since BP is cheaper than Noob. Not your fault that you couldn't see it was BP from QC pics especially since you're not experienced with this watch yet! 

Undinist

I ordered the BP from InTime, they didn't make a mistake. But I saved the Noob to my shortlist on the Kuvarsit site.  It's 100% my mistake, nobody else's fault. Just a classic noob cockup. How STUPID can you get. I've just sent en email to InTime to tell them what I've done.  I don't know if there's a solution...I've been wearing the watch for most of the day. I haven't knocked it or scratched it, but it's still a second hand watch. Fuckity fuckity fuck. FUCK!!!

goldrolexdaydate
10 minutes ago, Undinist said:

I ordered the BP from InTime, they didn't make a mistake. But I saved the Noob to my shortlist on the Kuvarsit site.  It's 100% my mistake, nobody else's fault. Just a classic noob cockup. How STUPID can you get. I've just sent en email to InTime to tell them what I've done.  I don't know if there's a solution...I've been wearing the watch for most of the day. I haven't knocked it or scratched it, but it's still a second hand watch. Fuckity fuckity fuck. FUCK!!!

Before you get too upset, take a look at the color of the blue in these photos of the gen daydate platinum:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSJSJg2j-AO1Eyf3n2z4Vimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwBnTTHR8O7dluAUXGPEPimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgZNEOfArmKhIkuzDb7Ya

IMHO the BP dial is actually closer to gen than the Noob. Also, I've asked around and BP supposedly has more accurate case dimensions. I haven't compared to a gen personally though so idk. 

Undinist

I suppose I'm less worried about accuracy than colour. The BP is a drab grey-blue, the Noob is BLUE. I could live with the wrong weekday font and indices and  case dimensions.  And the wrong colour. Your pics of the gen are just indistinguishable from the BP...they really have done an amazing job. Quite extraordinary really. Why spend £40k on the gen....it would make no sense at all. 

Weeping dicks. 

Diver Dave

That's a pretty "busy" dial even on a Gen. Truthfully, you would likely be better served with a more classic single color dial, which are easier to replicate well. Pop on a gen crystal and enjoy. 

diplosa

I dunno... but I like the OP and his attitude :Applause:

Genius
15 hours ago, Undinist said:

Just buy a noob dial separate and get it swapped in the UK easier and most probably cheaper and definitely a million times less stressful than fucking about trying to return that to china even if the dealer will entertain it.

Intime should be able to source the dial but if not try Toro

Undinist

Or I could buy the Noob as well. The TD has offered me $20 off.  Then sell one of them on M2M.

I like the BP more today - very dignified. Positively Presidential.

Genius

Yeah if you do you'll probably find your preference is actually a mix of parts from both 

deju

It's about managing expectations, 

these reps are 99% there but the key to the magic is the 1%. 

You can always take a decent photo of a rep but the gen in motion on your wrist will always have a certain sparkle when the light catches it that the rep never has because all the little 'nearly perfects' all add up. 

It's still a damn good watch in my mind, I even think the day wheel looks alright on yours too! 

Get yourself a polar 16570 /216570 from noob! I had a 216570 and the build of it is very impressive. And without grumbling too much the bezel paint was better than my gen 16570 :lmao: 

Undinist

The £40,000 gen in motion on my wrist? I'll get back to you...

I've had some nice gens in the past...a steel Sub, a Panerai ti submersible with a hobnail dial, an IWC Doppelchrono, a B&R Hydromax....but I wouldn't say they were any better than my  humble BP, which certainly does have a cracking day wheel amongst other things!  

Really my gens were much, much worse than this BP, because they were such dumb ways of spending many thousands of pounds. Wearing them was a constant reminder that I'd got my priorities all wrong. And it bothered me that I risked losing lots of money just with normal wear and tear.  I sold them all except the Hydromax, because it needed a new battery.  Eventually I sent it away for a battery change, which cost a fortune because the watch is oil-filled and only the factory can work on it.   Now it's living in a drawer, waiting to be sold.   

I do think it's rather wonderful that the combo of the forums and the clever-but-naughty Chinese means I can buy such a great watch for £250.  It's all pleasure, no pain.  Now I can buy another, and another....deep joy! Actually I've got 2 DH Gate cheapies on the way.... one is a fantasy IWC, the other is a 1.5 million dollar Patek. I'm laughing just thinking about it. 

Member X

I'm liking the attitude on this thread :thumbsup: 

GenTLe
On 8/17/2017 at 01:53, goldrolexdaydate said:

Before you get too upset, take a look at the color of the blue in these photos of the gen daydate platinum:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSJSJg2j-AO1Eyf3n2z4Vimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwBnTTHR8O7dluAUXGPEPimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgZNEOfArmKhIkuzDb7Ya

IMHO the BP dial is actually closer to gen than the Noob. Also, I've asked around and BP supposedly has more accurate case dimensions. I haven't compared to a gen personally though so idk. 

Exactly the same feeling I had looking at OP's first post. The one he got is more gen-like. And I'd surely not bother to put on an AR crystal, making it less gen-like than how it is now...

bearlowry

I dunno I think ur watch is a beaut except for the pub right above the 5 marker.

I say keep er as is...

Undinist

I'm buying the Noob, about to send the money.  I'm more and more pleased with the BP every day,  but maybe  I'll be twice as pleased with the Noob,  then twice as pleased again when I get the 2XAR. Fingers crossed. But you just never know until the watch is on your wrist, do you? (Yet another reason to not buy gens!)

Edit: hold the phone, I've just realised that the TD was the first to confuse the two watches - I emailed him saying "I'd like to buy this" with a link to the Noob on his own damn site. He replied with an invoice for the BP.   OK, so I didn't check the invoice properly. And I didn't know enough to spot from the QC pics that the watch was the BP.  But the original fuck-up was his. No way is he getting this Noob order unless he gives me a very, VERY fat voucher!!!

bobandshawn

Enjoy your first and last watch from a TD...

(check the brig at RWI guys)

B

black263
8 minutes ago, bobandshawn said:

Enjoy your first and last watch from a TD...

(check the brig at RWI guys)

B

OOO ERRR.  Young Undinist has really gone off on one next door.  This is not the way to enamour oneself to the RWI moderators.

Quote   If that's your idea of moderation you can take your entire watch collection and shove them so far up your arse that people can tell the time by looking up your nose.

Undinist

I call 'em like I see 'em!