dappel08

Rolex Datejust 41 vs Datejust 2

dappel08

Hey guys,

So I have been looking to purchase the newest version of the Rolex Datejust 41.  I have been researching and I found a couple of good looking versions on one of the TD's sites.  

It has been tough to find a high quality version of the DJ41 because Rolex just released these I believe in 2016 as an answer to some of the feedback on the Datejust 2.  There are some subtle but important and noticeable changes on the new DJ41.

1. The bezel on the DJ41 appears smaller (in my opinion cleaner) because they have added 8 more flutes to the bezel making it appear thinner.  

2. They brought back the two tone jubilee bracelet (classic looking) and even upgraded it by giving it a deployment clasp as opposed to the hideaway clasp on the older version DJ2 which looks better and helps balance the weight of the watch.

3. They streamlined the case on the DJ41 by slightly extending the lugs - again a slight change but if you have seen the two next to each other and tried them on you would notice the difference.

4. They upgraded the movement on the new DJ41 to a 3235 movement as opposed to old 3136 movement on the DJ2

5.  The case comes in a bit thinner at 11.7mm thickenss.

So with that being said I have  found  two watches (1 verson = $368  and the  other =$618) on a TD's site and I wanted to get some thoughts and feedback to see if it was worth spending the extra money ($240) on their "higher quality" version. I noticed in the more  expensive version that the gold two-tone is "gold wrapped" and not "gold plated" which is a nice touch as Rolex does not gold plate and that is a dead give away on a replica because the sides of the links on the cheaper version are clearly stainless steel.  I also noticed they use an Asia clone 3235 movement in the more expensive version as opposed the Swiss ETA 2836 movement in the less costly version. Do you guys think the "gold wrapping" is legit and worth it? And what are your thoughts on the difference in the movements? I don't mind spending the extra money on a watch if it is worth it in the long run. Also, if someone has recently purchased a replica Datejust 41 and want to offer up some direction on where to purchase that would be great too! 

Edited by dappel08

Member X

$600 on a rep gold Rolex?  Hell noooooo...

ETA is also a better bet than any 'clone rolex' movements because you can actually get them serviced in the future.

Edited by Member X

k4jun

There are also the reps of this model in $900 level. The difference is in a thickness of gold wrapping. Though I've never owned any gold wrapped watch , so can't tell how does it stand. Subscribed to hear opinion of others.

OP, many TDs confuse the DJ41 with DJ2 but looks like you know all of this stuff:)

Stay with ETA. 3235 does operate the hands in a same way as ETA (in opposite to 3135).

tonym1

When you say an Swiss ETA is used  do you mean a Chinese made copy of a Swiss ETA?

adaptive

I'm also interested in an updated DJ 41 model. I've yet to find any that are sporting the changes, slimmer case for one.. If you find one let me know. Would be cool if you linked the ones you reerenced in the original post.

dappel08
1 hour ago, adaptive said:

I'm also interested in an updated DJ 41 model. I've yet to find any that are sporting the changes, slimmer case for one.. If you find one let me know. Would be cool if you linked the ones you reerenced in the original post.

I was informed that BP factory is going to launch their new version of the 41 in the near future - I will let you know when I order one and post the pics

adaptive
On 2017-08-31 at 16:58, dappel08 said:

I was informed that BP factory is going to launch their new version of the 41 in the near future - I will let you know when I order one and post the pics

Cool beans! please do :D

jw991

im a big fan of the 116333 TT Green font

Usmcxsniper

The DJ41 is very clean looking. Love the way it looks.

dappel08

BP factory has released their newest version of the datejust 41 - I am looking into getting one as they look pretty spot on, however the price is steep at almost 1k.  when I get mine I will post some pics

dappel08

Also, I did order the Noob version but I had to send it back due to issues when I  received it.  I am still having issues with the return process unfortunately.  My hope is to avoid involving a mediator from the forum but its not looking good.  

jw991

What issues were there?

Narc8

Can someone link a DJ41 please

Mr_B
11 minutes ago, Narc8 said:

Can someone link a DJ41 please

NOT REPPED

Narc8

Now im confused.  

When you say not repped, you mean it’s not out yet? 

Mr_B
1 hour ago, Narc8 said:

Now im confused.  

When you say not repped, you mean it’s not out yet? 

I mean they only make the datejust 2 reps

Usmcxsniper

Dappel08 where is the datejust 41 rep you bought? Have a link?