daydate

hulk v7 paint got scratched

daydate

can anyone help me in repainting my hulk watch? its the v7 3135 one.

can my watch still be saved?

http://imgur.com/a/DrtmH

fatarms

I looked at the pic for over a minute, don't see anything wrong with it.  Any hints?

daydate

the paint on the lower right corner of dial. its scratched you can see the metal part instead of the green sunburst dial color

fatarms

Ahh, yes.  My eyes aren't what they used to be...

Unfortunately, I think a dial replacement may be your only choice.

daydate

do you know where i can get a dial replacement or can anyone in the forum do a customized job for this? than you

BadPickle

Ouch! How did that happen? 

Ask the td's to source you a dial :)

Lagger

Just got a sea dweller dial from Toro for$35 plus$15 postage, after mine reacted with the Matt lacquer I had put on

wimpie007

Repainting is not a option, you need a new dial

nofitstate

Happened recently to my Pam 111 dial. So a new dial is on order and the only way to go.  Contact a couple TDs to see if they can source you one.

TRANSPORTER

Holy crap that's bad mate, just out of interest does the movement move at all when you are manually winding or pullingthe stem in or out? Only asking as that looks like the dial may have rubbed agaisnt the rehaut and scrapped off the dial paint, dont want you fitting a new dial and the same thing happening again, need to find out  why it's happened before fitting a new dial ok

GenTLe

Happened on a Noob GMT Master 2 that I opened to service it for a colleague that got it from Toro through me. The moment I took out the movement from the case, part of the paint remained attached to the case, detaching from the dial.

Asked Toro and bought a new one for like 45$ shipped or something like that.

TRANSPORTER

I remember that post mate, sickener when it's not your watch isn't it 

GenTLe
15 hours ago, TRANSPORTER said:

I remember that post mate, sickener when it's not your watch isn't it 

It depends who you're dealing with :) 

If you do a mistake on a watch that is not your, then you have to fix it with your own money. But in a case like that it wasn't a mistake of me but a bad painting process from the factory, and the owner of the watch understood it and paid for the new dial. But he is a grown up manager, not a 17 years old selfish guy... Personally I've read people here that I'd never ever want to deal with because they simply have unrealistic expectations, and that means troubles :)

daydate

so my TD JOSH from perfect clones can get me a new dial for 50$. can a local watchsmith do the redial? how hard could that be?

Lagger

Is that 50 dollars shipped?And what is local for a watch Smith for you?

TRANSPORTER

It's not too difficult to do, movement out hands off dial off and reverse, gosh that sounded simple didn't it, type of thing I say to the missus just before a simple job "will only be half hour luv" 3 hours later im still at it, anyway I digress, its not a difficult job to do, have you a rep friendly smith in your area, you will find some that will refuse to work on reps ok