wizardpilot

Rolex DeepSea bracelet issue

wizardpilot

Guys, I need some help.  My favorite rep is out of commission.  I lost a pin and I'm not sure really how to go about a fix or replace.  The pin missing is the pin that holds the clasp to the bracelet.  I have included a picture and a picture of my joy while we're at it.  A great piece.  A few flaws, but overall it runs like a champ!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/t9BR5"><a href="//imgur.com/t9BR5"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

Hopefully, these imgur pictures pop in...

try this.   http://imgur.com/a/t9BR5 

TRANSPORTER

Hello mate looks like a rivet pin, I think, what you could try and do is fit a friction tube to replace it, look on cousins website and you will see what I mean, I know you are stateside but at least it will give you an idea of what you might need ok

Diver Dave

^^ This (and Cousins delivers very well to the USA, I buy material from them regularly), or just order a length of the correct diameter rod from any of the supply houses (Star Time, Otto Frei, etc) and fix it yourself. You'll end up cutting the rod to length, leaving a bit if excess, sticking it into a pin-vise to hold it, rubbing the cut end against a knife sharpening stone to remove burrs, putting it into position, and then tapping it about 1000 times with a punch and small hammer to rivet it over while resting the other end of the pin on a steel block of some sort. Not rocket science, just fiddly-bits. 

The friction tube idea is better actually, you'll just cut to length, use a pin vise and stone to deburr, and tap it into position. 

Edited by Diver Dave