Amac

Rolex reps made with 904L steel

JohnG
11 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

OH MY GOD!!! When would anyone let you anywhere near a company board room :rofl: 

I put some boards up on the wall and invited company over.   :thumbsup:

Diver Dave
12 hours ago, tonyh7 said:

Rolex use higher grade steel because it is more resistant to marine corrosion. That means if you dive day in day out with a Rolex it won't corrode, whereas , over time (years?),lower grade steel will. Since I wouldn't even consider swimming with a rep what's the point.

Actually.... it won't. Not any more so than the 904L, considering that my ancient gen Sea Dweller has gone up to six months at a time with daily salt water doses and DOES show a little red rust under the bezel when I pop it off afterwards. It just wipes off with a finger though. 316 acts pretty much the same (looking at the SS fittings on my boat, which is salty for years at times). So there's no practical difference. 

Wouldn't swim with a rep? You're missing out. I've been pressure testing a load of them lately and the only leak point on even the cheapest Cartel subs has been the crown tube threads not being sealed. Unscrew the crown, add a dab of loctite, screw it back in, and go swimming without fear. 

NFleischer

Sounds like old hype from scam sites- real 18kt gold, gen dials, 904 steel,etc.

The316 F steel looks a bit brighter maybe. 100:1 won't see real 904 steel!

Monkey_Business

If we all just stopped buying Daytonas, they'd HAVE to improve the movement. BUT, since we're all so god damn gullible, they'll keep shitting out these A7750 ass-tonas through all eternity.

(Can someone give me the the e-mail to the CEO of Noob, I have to tell them how to make the best sub.. ehr.. I mean Daytona)

Sifu Whitey

I'm waiting for either the 904M steel, or better yet, the 905L.

RandomGuy
2 hours ago, Sifu Whitey said:

I'm waiting for either the 904M steel, or better yet, the 905L.

^^^

THIS

Edited by RandomGuy