simey83

Any G-Shock lovers out there? Need some advice...

simey83

Hi Guys,

I have been eyeing a G-Shock for a while now and I am close to pulling the trigger :) (Always wanted a "good" one)

I have narrowed it down to these two;

GG-1000-1A - Mudmaster

GWN-1000B-1B - Gulfmaster

I love the look of these and the idea of all the features. I want a watch I can bash and get mucked up, swim with all that jazz.

Am I way off the mark with these because they are overkill and I will "never use the features" and I should just get a GWM5610-1  or the like?

Basically has anyone had one of these or think my money is better spent on another model?

Cheers

Simey

WatchDog21

I have not had either of these but the Gulfmaster would be the one for me.  As far as the cost; well when you consider that this bad boy goes for over 7k  I wouldn't let the Gulfmaster cost stop me.  I have a couple G-Shocks and you just can't beat them when it comes to durability.  Never have to worry about scratching up the case and crystal or if it will get too wet.

Heck I didn't even know Casio made such an expensive watch until I saw these.

CASIO G-SHOCK MR-G GPS ATOMIC SOLAR HYBRID BLUETOOTH MRGG2000HT-1A

mrgg2000ht-1A__49911.1490298057.600.600.

simey83
4 minutes ago, cmdErrX said:

I have not had either of these but the Gulfmaster would be the one for me.  As far as the cost; well when you consider that this bad boy goes for over 7k  I wouldn't let the Gulfmaster cost stop me.  I have a couple G-Shocks and you just can't beat them when it comes to durability.  Never have to worry about scratching up the case and crystal or if it will get too wet.

Heck I didn't even know Casio made such an expensive watch until I saw these.

CASIO G-SHOCK MR-G GPS ATOMIC SOLAR HYBRID BLUETOOTH MRGG2000HT-1A

mrgg2000ht-1A__49911.1490298057.600.600.

Holy shit! Cheers mate :D

SteveA

I've got a GAC 100 that I've had for years ,it's my go to for the gym,gardening ,anything tough really.Had it for years still immaculate and bombproof.Only around £60 so no worries there either.

simey83
14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I've got a GAC 100 that I've had for years ,it's my go to for the gym,gardening ,anything tough really.Had it for years still immaculate and bombproof.Only around £60 so no worries there either.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking, wise up and buy a cheaper one.

Cheers buddy

Genius

Those 2 are both massive.

I have a few G shocks and was never really interested in either of those models

As a first foray into the land of G my choices would either be a 5600 model 

186554245.jpgdw-5600hr-1jf-a.jpg

Or a 7900

g-7900-1dr1-1.jpg

simey83
1 hour ago, Genius said:

Those 2 are both massive.

I have a few G shocks and was never really interested in either of those models

As a first foray into the land of G my choices would either be a 5600 model 

186554245.jpgdw-5600hr-1jf-a.jpg

Or a 7900

g-7900-1dr1-1.jpg

Cheers mate, yea, I think I should get a cheaper one to start in case I don't gel with it. Plus I have small wrists. Thanks for the recommendations

Simey

34 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Link aint working?

Genius
BadPickle

This is a rep forum, so unless any of those are reps,,,, please kindly pack up your cheapie gens and piss off to the seiko/casio/tissot forums or whatever shite it is you're trying to peddle :finger: 

Genius
6 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

This is a rep forum, so unless any of those are reps,,,, please kindly pack up your cheapie gens and piss off to the seiko/casio/tissot forums or whatever shite it is you're trying to peddle :finger: 

I've had a fair few rep g shocks in my time and whilst they may look decent in fact indistinguishable from the real deal the whole point of a G is that you can wear it and abuse it water knocks hell I even threw one of my old ones at wall to prove it cant be damaged (it wasn't) and as good as the reps look they just cant take the beats

simey83
58 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Thanks mate :D 

Cheers guys 

BadPickle

:rofl:  anytime pal 

Eagl3

I think G-Shocks are the few quartz watches that are worth buying gen simply because the movement will never be repped. Plus they will break my arm before the watch breaks. I particularly love my GWA1100 (Gravity Defier) and GPW1000 (Gravity Master). I got the combination bracelets for them and they feel great. Much better than the stock band. Ironically these watches cost me more than any one of my reps. However, I have gone diving, work them while using a jackhammer, and generally abused them in ways that would make any Swiss watch cry. They just keep on ticking and asking for more. 

8jxKOWm.jpg

RYHoA27.jpg

gmchris

At least a 5600 is certified for manned space missions by NASA, so it would save scratching your speedie in the crew module. Unless of course it's a REP 5600 which would be even better! 

simey83
14 hours ago, Eagl3 said:

I think G-Shocks are the few quartz watches that are worth buying gen simply because the movement will never be repped. Plus they will break my arm before the watch breaks. I particularly love my GWA1100 (Gravity Defier) and GPW1000 (Gravity Master). I got the combination bracelets for them and they feel great. Much better than the stock band. Ironically these watches cost me more than any one of my reps. However, I have gone diving, work them while using a jackhammer, and generally abused them in ways that would make any Swiss watch cry. They just keep on ticking and asking for more. 

Man that GPW1000  is stunning :) Cheers

simey83

So I pulled the trigger and this arrived today. Very impressed, some machine! Need to spend a month reading the manual :thumbsup:

35928841953_441951b6ce_b.jpg

Cheers

Undinist

Watchuseek has a pretty amazing G-Shock forum - not just discussion threads but resources for  collectors and so on. Don't go there unless you can handle the temptation to build your own collection! I used to have nearly all the early Masters of G plus a number of grail Froggies.  I was able to sell them without losing money. But I did keep my fave, an Antman. It has spinning numerals which I still get a kick out of despite watching them for many years.  It was my daily beater until I bought my first rep here last week. 

simey83
5 minutes ago, Undinist said:

Watchuseek has a pretty amazing G-Shock forum - not just discussion threads but resources for  collectors and so on. Don't go there unless you can handle the temptation to build your own collection! I used to have nearly all the early Masters of G plus a number of grail Froggies.  I was able to sell them without losing money. But I did keep my fave, an Antman. It has spinning numerals which I still get a kick out of despite watching them for many years.  It was my daily beater until I bought my first rep here last week. 

Class! Yes, I can see how you could get sucked in alright!! Would love a Frogman :)

Cheers

Genius
1 hour ago, Undinist said:

Love that second counter! Kinda like on my solar g I keep it in a dark drawer because I like the way the dial fades back into life when you bring it onto the light,  something almost analogue about it

Undinist

I don't know why that kind of spinning is so rare - I've never seen another Casio like it. Or any other watch. Maybe it requires LCDs which cost an extra .00001 renminbi. 

P.S. It's not just the seconds, it's the hours too...on those rare occasions when all the numbers spin at the same time it's pretty damn funky! 

SuperbMonster
2 hours ago, simey83 said:

So I pulled the trigger and this arrived today. Very impressed, some machine! Need to spend a month reading the manual :thumbsup:

35928841953_441951b6ce_b.jpg

Cheers

Did it come with the emergency anal beads? 

n18lld
On 22/08/2017 at 22:26, SuperbMonster said:

Did it come with the emergency anal beads? 

That's nothin, just read the thread title as g-spot lovers ;)