Undinist

Own up, who else wears two watches?

Xpletiv

Could be worse, could be RosyPalms.....and we don't want to see that avatar.

Undinist

I'm now in the habit of wearing 2 watches every day. I have a DJ on the right wrist...I  need a DJ at all times because the main reason I want a watch is to be reminded what day of the week it is. So if I only wear one watch my choice is severely restricted because so few have weekday.  But if I wear two, my left wrist is available for anything. (Today it's my gold sub.)  So I get twice the fun out of my collection! It's a no-cost upgrade to my horological pleasure! Nobody notices because at this time of year I'm always wearing long sleeves. Maybe on our next hot day, which won't be for 6 months, I'll be wearing a t shirt and two watches will seem all wrong.  We shall see.  I don't care what other people think, so who gives a shit?   Flashy watches are jewellery, they're bracelets.  If you're going to wear one bracelet, who says you can't wear two?  

McGilli

More than one watch is totally practical. I can get really busy during some days. The problem is that most of my clients are located elsewhere in the world and so knowing when to call them can be a tricky situation. Since I'll be working 8 hours a day and usually deal with a client every hour I found the best way to deal with the situation:

2v1vl01.jpg

Top Left Going Clockwise:

First client. I only use the 24 hour time ring which I have set incorrectly 3 hours ahead. This client is never in the office when I call!

Next, the Bvlgari has that red second tipped hand. This makes it easy for me to count to 60 because my second client of the day is a twat and I am going to tell him I'm having my period and have to go (always funny when a man says that to someone).

Third client I just zone out, so this watch I just whack the pushers for those ridiculous dials and I have races seeing which hand will win and usually end up yelling "Faster faster haha I'm beating you good!". I always make this client hang up. He once asked for my superior. That's me.

My fourth client is an jackass who thinks my inter-personal skills are lacking. I once told him that that huge red button can cancel his account if I press it. I usually send him a photo of my finger on that button when I get tired of talking to him.

My fifth client is an accountant, and I despise him. Hence the binary watch. When meeting him I always pretend it's a calculator and act like I'm trying to add up what he's telling me in some manner. It's pretty cool when he asks what I think and I just say a random number. Gets 'em every time!

6th client. After 2 years I don't know his name. Set to a random time - but I pretend it's always AM. I never call him and make him call me, and when he gets upset at having to call me I always say it's in the AM where I am and this is unacceptable before hanging up.

For my 7th client, I don't even have a battery in that watch so it doesn't change time. She's is always in meetings and I don't really care which one I interrupt so why bother knowing what time it is where she works? Saves me about $5 every 2 years this way.

I bought this last watch for my 8th client. I know exactly where he works, and when he gets off work - so I needed an accurate watch so I can call when he's driving on the freeway and start quoting numbers from all of that days reports that I need him to verify immediately before we hang up or we lose everything.

tabuktime
On 8/22/2017 at 23:25, iabounty said:

If I remember correctly Charles Manson was obsessed with time and even stopped a clock in the courtroom by just glaring at it.....

I bet he wore at least 2 at a time...........  :borg:  :Devil:

Clocks have all stopped for him now!