Sign in to follow this  
skulkerboyo

389 minefield

skulkerboyo

Hi you lovely obsessives!

I've been all through the guide by Ale (wow) and it gave me a good idea about which 389 rep to buy but none of the links go to the items anymore.

I figure while I'm here I may as well ask - If I'm looking for the most visually accurate 389 rep (not overly concerned about the visual accuracy of the movement) which rep is the one? None of what I see on the trusted dealers seems to match up with the info I found and every version claims to be the best . .. . . .

Currently which is the go to rep?

Like I said - every 389 I look at claims to be the best then they all seem to have different case thickness?

I was very pleased with a PAM312 O Blk SS LT Seagull ST255 I got from tswatch a while ago and got a marina militare 389 homage but now I want the rep in titanium after handling the real deal.

Edited by skulkerboyo

mysterio

Any of the ZF/V6F PAM389 O/P-series are of the same classification. I don't recommend the SF version as although it has a clone P.9000 with the same functions as gen, it introduces an inaccuracy on the subdial position.

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Left Coast Guy

Agree with Mysterio. For the 389, you can get a pretty solid version from the front view for a steal these days. The real anal folks want the correct mov't stuff so those versions are expensive, but the lite versions are very nice.