ciidlag

Is this GEN Sellita movement?

ciidlag

I've read the movements posts and tried researching online, and in my eyes this movement indeed is a gen SW 220-1. I would like to have opinions from more seasoned watch enthusiasts from our forums if possible :)

Sorry for the potato quality, it's very hard indeed to shoot close ups with a potato phone.

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523_1.jpg

IMG_4530_1.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

Daffy

It appears to be:  http://www.ofrei.com/Sellita-Watch-Movement.html

sw220-1mvt.jpg

Sellita SW220-1 Day/Date Movement Swiss Made Clone of ETA 2836-2

These Nickel Plated 11.5 ligne movements 26 jewels, with Incabloc shock protection, automatic, sweep seconds, day and date at 3 o'clock. Hand sizes 90/150/25, 28,800 BPH. Sellita movements are Swiss Made, the SW220-1, is a clone of the ETA 2836-2 which is possible to do since the patents have expired on the movement.

Click here to download the Sellita SW220-1 technical sheet.

ciidlag

Thanks Daffy ! Much appreciated :notworthy:

Genius

From the way you can see the finishing it looks good enough to be Swiss but the [sic] "potato" quality is not good enough to be certain 

Eagl3

As far as I know, there are no sellita clones. If there are, I've never seen even pictures of one. 

Genius
47 minutes ago, Eagl3 said:

As far as I know, there are no sellita clones. If there are, I've never seen even pictures of one. 

There definitely are... Don't underestimate China! Especially with this sooo easy to rep remember that the sw200 is just an eta clone all the repmaker has to do is stamp sellita logos where they normally stamp eta logos on... And in them potatoes the stampings don't look too crisp 

NFleischer

Looks good, but there are said to be SW clones around.

Eagl3
22 hours ago, Genius said:

There definitely are... Don't underestimate China! Especially with this sooo easy to rep remember that the sw200 is just an eta clone all the repmaker has to do is stamp sellita logos where they normally stamp eta logos on... And in them potatoes the stampings don't look too crisp 

Sellita also added an extra jewel to the movement. 2824 is 25j, sw200 is 26. Guess if all else fails, count the number of jewels. 

Genius
7 minutes ago, Eagl3 said:

Sellita also added an extra jewel to the movement. 2824 is 25j, sw200 is 26. Guess if all else fails, count the number of jewels. 

Think seagull is 26 though too :mellow: