Benjah88

Leather strap for sw200 Nautilus

Benjah88

Hello, purchasing my first RG Nautilus from Fat Panda (am being told that the SW200 with grey face is most gen like)

I hear rep leather straps are awful. Does anyone know where I can find nice affordable bands that will fit this watch? how do I get it fitted?

I was told to search the M2M straps section but theres nothing there. 

thank you!

Gmtaddict

Great choice, but you should know you are in for a bit of work.

Best straps will be GEN, but won't come up cheap. Also, the endlinks need to be modded to fit the metal inserts in those straps.

greg_r

You don't need to go gen - several of our trusted strapmakers can produce AP straps at somewhat lower cost. Try MDK, Bond Tailored Straps or APBands.

Benjah88
6 hours ago, greg_r said:

You don't need to go gen - several of our trusted strapmakers can produce AP straps at somewhat lower cost. Try MDK, Bond Tailored Straps or APBands.

Thank you! I AP Bands already told me they would not be able to fit their bands on a replica. I will try MDK. You think they make bands that fit the replica or do i send it somewhere to get the metal inserts fitted?

phone
36 minutes ago, Benjah88 said:

Thank you! I AP Bands already told me they would not be able to fit their bands on a replica. I will try MDK. You think they make bands that fit the replica or do i send it somewhere to get the metal inserts fitted?

Either way. Users like DC will say the watch feels best on a gen strap, I concur, plus it appeals to the gen aspect of the watch. Although MDK will most likely make a band for the rep endlinks which would be just as nice, just not Patek branded. 

Benjah88
55 minutes ago, phone said:

Either way. Users like DC will say the watch feels best on a gen strap, I concur, plus it appeals to the gen aspect of the watch. Although MDK will most likely make a band for the rep endlinks which would be just as nice, just not Patek branded. 

hmmm...found a gen alligator patek nautilus band for 300 OBO. I would still need to have the metal on the gen end links somehow. I can do this myself?

I will message DC! thanks, friends. 

Gmtaddict

With care and patience, yes. Took me 2 hours but was worth it!

RussP

You will need to purchase the strap (from a forum strap maker) and then mail the end-links to them for fitting.

Not exactly an easy task and best carried out by somebody who knows what they're doing.

As I mentioned in our prior correspondence, my strap was made by Donerix (on the other RWG forum).

Here's an example of what he does : https://rwg.cc/topic/190218-donerix-hot-august-sale-now/

Benjah88
22 minutes ago, RussP said:

You will need to purchase the strap (from a forum strap maker) and then mail the end-links to them for fitting.

Not exactly an easy task and best carried out by somebody who knows what they're doing.

As I mentioned in our prior correspondence, my strap was made by Donerix (on the other RWG forum).

Here's an example of what he does : https://rwg.cc/topic/190218-donerix-hot-august-sale-now/

Hey Russ! good to hear from you. Thanks for letting me know that the  rose gold SW200 with grey face is the closer to gen!! 

The link doesn't work for me because I'm not a member of that forum? ill have to sign up.

I have an AP 15400 stainless on a metal band on the way and I think id like to put that on an alligator band as well. 

Edited by Benjah88

RussP

It doesn't cost anything to sign up.

MDK (on this forum) also makes AP straps.

See here: