greg_r

Tapatalk support for RWG

Should we re-enable Tapatalk for RWG?  

51 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we re-enable Tapatalk for RWG?

• Yes. Please bring back support for Tapatalk
    • Hell no!!! Crapatalk is the spawn of the devil and should be nuked from orbit.

greg_r

For some odd reason - and despite the new forum software actually offering mobile features that tapatalk doesn't, like access to the shoutybox - I've had quite a few requests to re-enable crapatalk here,

We originally dumped it due to security issues. However, the new forum software is a lot more secure - and a lot easier to keep up to date - than the old version, so many of my reasons for dumping Tapa are somewhat reduced in severity. I still think it's a buggy, badly coded and generally pointless piece of crap, but if you're silly enough to want to use it, who am I to judge, right? :D

So, here's a poll. Should we bring back Tapatalk or not? If we do so, it will be on the same basis as before. i.e. if it works for you, great - if it doesn't, please don't ask for technical support, as you won't get it from us... (tapa has historically been the cause of more tech support requests than anything else here - the ironic thing being that when it goes wrong, there's generally nothing we can do about it except wait for the next release...)

Monkey_Business

Haha, I love this poll.

Quite like the way the Italian Mafia does things. Give the poor fella a choice, and it's all a matter of formulating the choices in your favor.

"Either, you pay me the money, or I kill your family"

deju

Only thing that crapatalk has that I liked was;

easier latest posts section.

you can set push notifications for m2m for Jedi like buying. 

Built in image uploading.

Cant say I'm that fussed for it to come back, I've gotten used to mobile theme, and the new forums even better on mobile. 

iabounty

I don't know what the fuck it is as we only have telephones with cords that plug into the wall in my part of Iowa so I'm not going to vote.

(Or for a donation to the iabounty retirement fund I will vote your request.:lol:)

WatchDog21

If its not a security and maintenance nightmare for you to keep up and running then I say let'r fly.  However, if it eats up your time and presents challenges / headaches administratively keep it off.

Those who like it can use it and those who don't won't! 

nuvolablue

I find posting pics through Tapatalk very convenient. If the Web/mobile version of RWG could support something similar that would be great. 

RUSH2112

This is a trick.  Everyone that votes for support gets banned!!:boobies3:

MetalMickey
1 hour ago, nuvolablue said:

I find posting pics through Tapatalk very convenient. If the Web/mobile version of RWG could support something similar that would be great. 

This is the single benefit of tapatalk. It makes posting images really simple from mobile, and solves the problem with Photobucket that has left poor Rush's avatar and signature looking so sparse

Ped
2 hours ago, nuvolablue said:

+1 I'm such a spanner when posting pics through a host, it's the only reason I very rarely sell anything, I've about 30 reps to let go, if the web/mobile version of RWG was as simple as Tapatalk there'd be many more reps available much more often  in the UK!

LightGeek

No. Now that we have postimages.org, I couldn't care less about Tapatalk. Was only used for their easy image uploading.

nuvolablue
5 hours ago, LightGeek said:

No. Now that we have postimages.org, I couldn't care less about Tapatalk. Was only used for their easy image uploading.

I've never used postimages..... Is it as easy to use as Tapatalk's image upload? 

LightGeek

A tiny TINY bit more work but you can bulk upload so it's great.

greg_r

Okay folks, thanks for the input. Poll now closed.

Small margin for "No", but not enough to be entirely clear cut, so will think on it some more and make a decision shortly. If we decide to re-enable Tapa it will be as a trial to see how things go...

nuvolablue

I'm posting this via Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk