Redbeard88

My DSSD has arrived

Redbeard88

Took 32 days from order to wearing this watch, I had a great first experience with PC, Joshua.  He answered all my noob emails (3 of them over 3 weeks) within a day or less.  The QC pics were great and so is the watch, packaged very well multiple layers of protection. The bezel is smooth but not loose, clicks securley, and is centered beautifully. The lume is  great and long lasting. Clasp is crisp and firm similar to the gen, the diver extension is convenient and up to par with my expectations of a rep.  The sweep of the seconds hand is good, it's 28,800 bph, has a small hic up between 11 and 12 (hopefully a Chinese pubic hair) now the 20170830_005412.jpg20170830_004824.jpg20170830_004608.jpg

20170829_220817.jpg

20170830_004524.jpg

Nickfive

Did you just hope for a Chinese pube?

:lol:

Nice watch mate, looks good.

Jibuti

that's nice..... also meaning wife did not confiscate it, with you making tragic face, ain't it?

wear it well.....

simon1234

Beautiful!

Im waiting for a black faced version from BK.

Very much looking forward to it.

Thommo82

Really nice mate!

Gotta add one of these to my collection one day. Wear it in good health 

ciidlag

Oh man it's a beauty! If I were your wife I'd be jealous of this side bitch :boobies2:! I will definetly need this one part of my collection one day..

Enjoy your watch in good health :) 

golfa

32 days ?  And it was a great first experience ? Jeez, I would have pulled out my remaining hair if I had to wait that long ! I'm at day 22 and it hasn't shipped yet and I'm so pissed off, if I had a dog, I'd kick it ! Nice watch though ! Enjoy it.

NCRich

Finally!

Redbeard88

Golfa I'm glad you don't have a dog, if it's been 22 days and hasn't shipped you still have some waiting to do, 

Nikosaldente

That's the only Rolex I'd wear!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health mate!

Mine says hi:

Screenshot_2017-07-26-20-27-02-023.jpg

Cheers!

Daffy
8 hours ago, Redbeard88 said:

Took 32 days from order to wearing this watch, I had a great first experience with PC, Joshua.  

Your avatar looks like the offspring of Brienne and Tormund, in the cutest possible way.  Oh, and the watch looks okay, too.

wdev
6 minutes ago, Daffy said:

Your avatar looks like the offspring of Brienne and Tormund, in the cutest possible way.  Oh, and the watch looks okay, too.

This will happen, we all know it (maybe she doesn't but I'm rooting for him still :D )

And yeah, this watch is a proper one. Wear it well

Edited by wdev

Redbeard88

UPDATE:

It's been a several weeks since having this watch, and it's little stutter has worked itself out.  I brought this watch on vacation with me to the Ritz Carlton on lake Oconee in Georgia US. And had many compliments, a guy wearing a gen day date from the late 70's asked to see the watch I handed it to him.  He looked it over extended divers extension handed me his watch (to drool over) and said "It's amazing the detail the swiss put into their watches isn't it " I could only smile put the DSSD back on my wrist, and have another drink with this gentleman.  TD's are the only way to go, thanks PC.  It's pool worthy by the way, spent many hours under water, lake and pool. GREAT BUY.

cbrian26wvu
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 22:58, Redbeard88 said:

UPDATE:

It's been a several weeks since having this watch, and it's little stutter has worked itself out.  I brought this watch on vacation with me to the Ritz Carlton on lake Oconee in Georgia US. And had many compliments, a guy wearing a gen day date from the late 70's asked to see the watch I handed it to him.  He looked it over extended divers extension handed me his watch (to drool over) and said "It's amazing the detail the swiss put into their watches isn't it " I could only smile put the DSSD back on my wrist, and have another drink with this gentleman.  TD's are the only way to go, thanks PC.  It's pool worthy by the way, spent many hours under water, lake and pool. GREAT BUY.

Redbeard, did you have your watch serviced or a WR test before you took it into the water?

Redbeard88

I preformed a dry compressed air test then submerged in water for 2 minutes, no servicing, just tightened the bracelet screws, which some were rather loose

black263
6 hours ago, Redbeard88 said:

I preformed a dry compressed air test then submerged in water for 2 minutes, no servicing, just tightened the bracelet screws, which some were rather loose

So.  Having passed a dry test you dunked it in water.  Why?  If you believed the dry test you didn't need to do that.  If you didn't believe the dry test a static dunking for a couple of minutes proves not a lot. And if there was a leak you've basically fucked your watch. 

As far as I'm  concerned, passing a dry test gives me confidence to wear it in normal life where it may be subject to the odd splash from hand-washing or being under a sleeve in the rain.  I would never risk any watch, rep or gen with submersion unless I had an independent wet pressure test carried out.  And never ever wear a watch in a hot shower/sauna/bath even if it's been tested.

Waspy
1 hour ago, black263 said:

And never ever wear a watch in a hot shower/sauna/bath even if it's been tested.

Wise words, try it with a watch you no longer need, see what happens! LOL

Vitix

I have bought a watch from PC and they told me I can swim with it, so I did and never had problems, sine then I just believe in PC when they actually says is WR 

Redbeard88

I may have used dry test inappropriately, I put watch in a 10 psi environment for 10 minutes, allowed any leak if present to pressurize the watch case, then immediately submerged in water for 2 minutes to observe for air bubbles, I luckily had none, this tells me it's good up to 20 feet of depth, seeing as a 10 foot head of water is 5psi. Even if it had a leak no water would of entered the watch

black263
3 hours ago, Redbeard88 said:

I may have used dry test inappropriately, I put watch in a 10 psi environment for 10 minutes, allowed any leak if present to pressurize the watch case, then immediately submerged in water for 2 minutes to observe for air bubbles, I luckily had none, this tells me it's good up to 20 feet of depth, seeing as a 10 foot head of water is 5psi. Even if it had a leak no water would of entered the watch

That was in effect a wet test.  Only difference is that you didn't use a wet tester, but achieved something similar.   However, a static test at 10 psi wouldn't give much confidence with waterproofing.  The standards say that a 30metre/3atm head is good for splashproof, but not swimming.  You have to get up to 50/5atm metres static head before the standard allows for swimming.  You're only testing at 10psi, which is 0.7 atmosphere, and is less than a quarter of the resistance needed to allow for accidental splashes while hand-washing.

Your method might work, but you'd have to pressurise the watch at 70psi, to be safe for swimming.  I say might, because, if there is a massive leak, the watch could depressurise in the time between removing from the pressure tank and dunking in water.  Then you're fucked.