In2bate33

Help with seizure

In2bate33

I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for me. I just ordered my 2nd rep from a TD here (DHL China to USA) and everything seemed to be going fine. Cleared JFK customs said it arrived at local DHL facility and a few hours later said contact DHL. So I did and they said the package has been returned for customs and they would update me on its status. About a week later (yesterday) I received the dreaded customs seizure letter. I sent it to the TD and he doesn't believe its a real letter. It was sent from my local customs office (not JFK) and my address was handwritten. There was a form with some hand written info filled in boxes. There was also a copied paper saying I could prove authenticity or it would be sent the trademark holder. The TD is insisting I contact them because it does not look like an official seizure letter. I do not feel comfortable contacting the number on the customs sheet. From what I know the best thing to do is never call customs. Does anyone have any insight on what I should do in this situation?

Nikosaldente

Sad news mate!

Since you've already contacted your TD, maybe contact a Mod here presenting him the issue with all the communication between you and the TD and the "seizure" documents!

Hope everything turns out well!

Fingers crossed for you pal!

In2bate33

Thanks, I was really hoping to not get mods involved everything has been a pleasure with the TD until now. But I guess that's what they're here for.

myaz

I was going to suggest carbamazepine.....however, it's reasonable that  a TD could suspect someone found a new way other than the usual my watch arrived but the box was empty, cut open and resealed.

Your low post count also raises suspicion.  Even though mods have plenty to deal with, I side with  Nikosaldente on this one.

In2bate33

I am aware of my low post count, I frequent another forum but the dealer is not a TD on the forum I visit more often. Tegretol sounds like great solution!

Piloten
2 hours ago, myaz said:

I was going to suggest carbamazepine.....however, it's reasonable that  a TD could suspect someone found a new way other than the usual my watch arrived but the box was empty, cut open and resealed.

Your low post count also raises suspicion.  Even though mods have plenty to deal with, I side with  Nikosaldente on this one.

That is offensive on so many levels, there is not one place to start. The guy comes on, politely asking for advice. As the SOP is to "contact a moderator", there is zero reason to talk about how much mods have to deal with. His post count is irrelevant to the situation.

Genius
3 hours ago, In2bate33 said:

I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for me. I just ordered my 2nd rep from a TD here (DHL China to USA) and everything seemed to be going fine. Cleared JFK customs said it arrived at local DHL facility and a few hours later said contact DHL. So I did and they said the package has been returned for customs and they would update me on its status. About a week later (yesterday) I received the dreaded customs seizure letter. I sent it to the TD and he doesn't believe its a real letter. It was sent from my local customs office (not JFK) and my address was handwritten. There was a form with some hand written info filled in boxes. There was also a copied paper saying I could prove authenticity or it would be sent the trademark holder. The TD is insisting I contact them because it does not look like an official seizure letter. I do not feel comfortable contacting the number on the customs sheet. From what I know the best thing to do is never call customs. Does anyone have any insight on what I should do in this situation?

You are spot on never ever call customs, and yeah if the TD isnt playing ball speak to a mod

Mr Stubbs

As above.  Contact a Moderator.  

Some people are members for a long time without posting anything; and people like me who speak loudly in restaurants, find any old reason to post.  Either way, RWG is here to back you up. :thumbsup:

narikaa

DHL = rats with no tails

Unpaid customs agents

"RETURNED for customs"  FFS

In2bate33
35 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

As above.  Contact a Moderator.  

Some people are members for a long time without posting anything; and people like me who speak loudly in restaurants, find any old reason to post.  Either way, RWG is here to back you up. :thumbsup:

Thanks I appreciate that! Will definitely contact if TD refuses to reship.

Rokerite

There have been a lot of reports on here and the other forums of DHL having some sort of deal with customs whereby they randomly open parcels and when they find contraband items they report to customs. Would never use them myself.  Registered air mail may take a little longer but I am yet to read of anyone having a watch seized with this method of shipping.

Piloten

I have lost two to air mail (in Canada here, so it is not apple on apple action) but it is rare. This is a great place to be in terms of active assistance from the staff and most of the members

Mary Watch

dhl to USA is not a good option now.  expecial to the state which have code starting 2...., 3....

ems is also going bad shipping method.   

In2bate33

So in the future what would be the best shipping method to USA?

Daffy

China Post, who hands it off to USPS.  It takes longer, but seems to be more secure.

FunnyStarSystem

Don't know why any dealer would still send to the States via DHL, given they always seem to be the culprit when there's a US seizure. My last piece came via DHL and I asked the TD to please not use them again.

narikaa

The thing people overlook time and time again

is that DHL work in COLLUSION with customs. This unholy alliance may garner DHL some easements in their processing but does their recipients no favours at all.

Whereas normal postal authorities mail, if seized, it's because Customs has had to get off their collective arses and go find these errant items. It won't be because of the damned carrier's connivance, rather it'll be in spite of them.

narikaa
9 hours ago, In2bate33 said:

So in the future what would be the best shipping method to USA?

Don't use sea freight in tea chests

'kers throw them in the harbour 

;)

weedb0y

Sorry to hear.

What's the ideal service to get it in Canada?

narikaa

mountiesstill_0.jpg?itok=Gyt6VqGM

paccbet
44 minutes ago, weedb0y said:

Sorry to hear.

What's the ideal service to get it in Canada?

EMS.