ShovelnTC

3000th post

ShovelnTC

Well another milestone here on RWG.

So after 3000 posts and around four and a half years I have come to the conclusion that I like divers, don’t like anything with faux complications, won’t buy anything with known problem movements, am fairly crap at tinkering on movements and pretty much like the exact same watch I bought as my first rep.

So my favourites are still Subs and their variants and my current inclusions in this category are a TCV7x LV with Gen LN insert, a V7 Noob Sub-C, two Black bays and my number one favourite the Ginault OR.

To add to the list I have a NOOB V4/3 Pam 111 which I have wrestled with as far as I prefer smaller watches but every time I consider selling it I wear it for a while and realise I really do like it, I also have a B&R 123 which really is another favourite and one that I have never considered selling.

In the Quartz range I have a Reg Snoopy which is a little larger than I like but it’s just a cool watch and my wife loves it so it too is a keeper as well as a Budget Gen pilot which I really like but don’t seem to wear too often.

Also have a cheap Spectre which I just can’t get rid of and it has cost me waaaaaaay too much due to crap 2813 movements and lastly my latest purchase a DHGate Daytona which I hate as it came with a missing hour marker and I can’t get rid of that one either.

Lessons learnt during my time here is selling watches is ridiculous unless dealing with known members and no matter how silly some new members are there is always a sillier one just about to join.

Thanks to all the great guys who contribute here in soooo many different ways be it helping with technical details, contributing as staff members or spicing it up with outrageous comments and posts.

I never thought that being in a watch forum could be so much fun and take so much of my time and money.

Thanks to all!

Mark.

9V56Lpb.jpg

dave47
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

Well another milestone here on RWG.

So after 3000 posts and around four and a half years I have come to the conclusion that I like divers, don’t like anything with faux complications, won’t buy anything with known problem movements, am fairly crap at tinkering on movements and pretty much like the exact same watch I bought as my first rep.

So my favourites are still Subs and their variants and my current inclusions in this category are a TCV7x LV with Gen LN insert, a V7 Noob Sub-C, two Black bays and my number one favourite the Ginault OR.

To add to the list I have a NOOB V4/3 Pam 111 which I have wrestled with as far as I prefer smaller watches but every time I consider selling it I wear it for a while and realise I really do like it, I also have a B&R 123 which really is another favourite and one that I have never considered selling.

In the Quartz range I have a Reg Snoopy which is a little larger than I like but it’s just a cool watch and my wife loves it so it too is a keeper as well as a Budget Gen pilot which I really like but don’t seem to wear too often.

Also have a cheap Spectre which I just can’t get rid of and it has cost me waaaaaaay too much due to crap 2813 movements and lastly my latest purchase a DHGate Daytona which I hate as it came with a missing hour marker and I can’t get rid of that one either.

Lessons learnt during my time here is selling watches is ridiculous unless dealing with known members and no matter how silly some new members are there is always a sillier one just about to join.

Thanks to all the great guys who contribute here in soooo many different ways be it helping with technical details, contributing as staff members or spicing it up with outrageous comments and posts.

I never thought that being in a watch forum could be so much fun and take so much of my time and money.

Thanks to all!

Mark.

9V56Lpb.jpg

CONGRATS BIG TIME for your 3,000 post achievement, Mark!  Round of drinks on me (clink!)  Also, nice to learn about your evolution as a watch collector.  (Nice spread (above). Here's to many more.

dave

BadPickle

:thumbsup:  Great collection you got there mate, no motorcycle hilltop pics this time? Save them for 4K posts then. 

Congrats on getting to 3k :D 

Nikosaldente

Nice collection mate,  I hope I had the strength to stop at 11 watches!

Congratulations on the 3K milestone!

MAJ75

Nice summary of time well spent over the last few years from a fine member.

Cracking collection shot as well.

I've only been around for half of the time you have been here but have seen enough to know that you paticipate & contribute in a wholehearted way......

Look forward to your future contributions & good on you!

FunnyStarSystem

Lovely collection, gotta get my hands on that B&R - To another 3000, Mark :beer3:

ShovelnTC

Thanks Guys,

After looking back at my collection I realize I have bought most of my favorites twice.

My first rep was a BK Sub C which I sold on after stuffing the leyless but have now replaced it with the NOOB V7, I had a PAM 112 but sold it on as I felt it was too big but then bought a 111 as I simply missed the 112, I have bought a Red Black Bay, a Blue, a Black (the One) and sold all but the Red but then bought another Blue as I missed that one too, I bought one of the first V6 TC's but sold it on after awhile and regretted it ever since so was lucky enough to get one of the last TCV7x's.

There's been a bunch that I have bought and sold that haven't been replaced but I think I'm at the point of not buying many more reps as the ones I have pretty much satisfy my desires for now at least, BUT....................................we've all told ourselves that before.

RussP

I managed to stay off buying a rep for a few months.................then Lightgeek posted THAT Seamaster 120.

IMG_4873.jpg&key=703f89cf7d3182e2be72cc5

Resistance was futile................waiting on it's arrival now.

Thanks for sharing your journey, Mark.

Daffy
57 minutes ago, RussP said:

I managed to stay off buying a rep for a few months.................then Lightgeek posted THAT Seamaster 120.

IMG_4873.jpg&key=703f89cf7d3182e2be72cc5

Resistance was futile................waiting on it's arrival now.

Thanks for sharing your journey, Mark.

Congratulations on your 5,000th post,  RussP.   And your 3,000th, Shove!

ShovelnTC
57 minutes ago, Daffy said:

Congratulations on your 5,000th post,  RussP.   And your 3,000th, Shove!

Ha I missed that, yes congrats on your 5000 Russ!

Moondustesp

:Applause:

Bash64

Congrats and great collection.  I'll likely be dead before I even get to 2K

simey83

Congrats man! Lovely collection there :)

NFleischer

Congrats! I too love the B & R . I wish I could have stopped  at 11.  111 that is!!