Daffy

Carbon Fiber Loupes at a reasonable rate

Daffy

I was watching some of the RGM videos, demonstrating their manual Guilloche work (Fantastic to watch!), and then got to browsing their website.  For the price of mass produced Rolex, Omega or Breitlings, you can purchase a hand made timepiece.  Low end of 3k, high end of 95k.

Then I saw their in house loupes.  3D printed with carbon fiber.  The end cap unscrews so that you can clean the lens easily.  $25.

http://www.rgmwatches.com/new-products/rgm-eye-loupe-made-of-carbon-fibre-and-pla

DSCF1074.jpg?format=2500w

Daffy

Well, I just ordered one.  I will put up a review once I get it.

SuperbMonster

Will be really interested in your opinion. I'm in the market for a loupe and have had one in "the basket" for a while with cousins waiting for another item in the order to come into stock.

splke

shame stateside  only good find

SuperbMonster
2 minutes ago, splke said:

Yeah just noticed that. Bugger.

Daffy
On 9/3/2017 at 14:46, splke said:

On 9/3/2017 at 14:50, SuperbMonster said:

Yeah just noticed that. Bugger.

If you gents want, I will cross ship them for you.  Not a problem at all.

Griffo

Never heard of this brand before so was browsing and...

Tourbillon?format=2500w

:drool:

Sadly it's $95,000.00 in SS.

SuperbMonster
3 hours ago, Daffy said:

If you gents want, I will cross ship them for you.  Not a problem at all.

Thanks Daffy, and yes it would be great if you could ship to the UK. That's is assuming it passes the Daffy test.

I think you should send me your cat as well :)

BadPickle

Who makes the loupes with a bit of wire attached so you can use both hands to work? You know, you don't have to scrunch up like the grinch to keep it in your eye socket 

Foxindebox

7 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Who makes the loupes with a bit of wire attached so you can use both hands to work? You know, you don't have to scrunch up like the grinch to keep it in your eye socket 

You can buy the wire separately mate, just do a search for wire loupe holder and you should find something suitable. I use one myself, but can't remember where it came from...

BadPickle
14 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

You can buy the wire separately mate, just do a search for wire loupe holder and you should find something suitable. I use one myself, but can't remember where it came from...

:lol:  I've just found em for a couple of quid on the bay, I really thought the loupes came with built in wires, and was refusing to buy more loupes cos I'd got some already.... now that's a tight Yorkshireman for ya ;) 

cheers foxy

SuperbMonster
28 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I would have thought you Yorkshire types would fashion something out of a coat hanger, a shoe lace and an old yoghurt pot.

Jobs' a good'un

Foxindebox
1 hour ago, SuperbMonster said:

I would have thought you Yorkshire types would fashion something out of a coat hanger, a shoe lace and an old yoghurt pot.

Jobs' a good'un

1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:lol:  I've just found em for a couple of quid on the bay, I really thought the loupes came with built in wires, and was refusing to buy more loupes cos I'd got some already.... now that's a tight Yorkshireman for ya ;) 

cheers foxy

What's wrong with a bit of string, Wurzel style :D

trailboss99

Nice find, thanks.

dirkhunt
7 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

What's wrong with a bit of string, Wurzel style :D

Gaffa tape lol

FunnyStarSystem

Have you laid hands on an RWG, Daffy? Quite like the look of some of their pieces, but like a German car they get pricey real fast when optioning.

Daffy
7 hours ago, Inkoumori said:

Have you laid hands on an RWG, Daffy? Quite like the look of some of their pieces, but like a German car they get pricey real fast when optioning.

No, not yet.  I would love to, but it isn't in the cards until my lottery retirement plan kicks in.