Montyb82

Photobucket

Montyb82

OK no doubt a complete noob question, potentially wrong place to ask so apologies in advance!

A cursory google check didn't help much so asking you guys!

Why can I not see any pics that are photobucket? It's annoying as hell when you want to see how good a rep received from a TD?

Thanks in advance for any sensible responses!

greg_r

Photobucket recently changed their hosting terms. They no longer allow hotlinking unless you pay 'em $400 a year. Needless to say, this has screwed up posts on an awful lot of forums...

Montyb82

Ah Thanks, what's best to use instead now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Monkey_Business

I use flickr. 

Easy to create and maintain folders. I sort my pictures under folders for each watch :)

greg_r
21 minutes ago, Montyb82 said:

Ah Thanks, what's best to use instead now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Postimage is the site we recommend. See here: 

Montyb82

Thanks Greg, 

Not sure how I missed that! Apologies for stupid questions!

Pharmo
8 hours ago, 4pekatt said:

I use flickr. 

Easy to create and maintain folders. I sort my pictures under folders for each watch :)

i too have been using Flickr for years! But then again who is to say they wont do what stupid photobucket did and start charging to link...hope not :(

KarmaToBurn

Anybody know if there's a way to download complete albums from Photobucket? I want to move everything over to another host but don't want to do it one at a time.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the "Download Album" button. :lolcina:

Edited by KarmaToBurn

BadPickle

There's a download album button :D 

black263

I tried the download album, but it failed.  When I contacted Botofucket, they said it was a know fault, and the only workround was to download each image individually.

Monkey_Business
2 hours ago, Pharmo said:

i too have been using Flickr for years! But then again who is to say they wont do what stupid photobucket did and start charging to link...hope not :(

I have written confirmation from The Flickr team that they'll stay a free service forever :-)

Photobucket merely wanted to change their focus from private freeloaders like us, to giants like eBay and Twitter.

trailboss99
4 hours ago, black263 said:

I tried the download album, but it failed.  When I contacted Botofucket, they said it was a know fault, and the only workround was to download each image individually.

Use this:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en It costs about five bucks and its worth its weight in gold. 

4 hours ago, 4pekatt said:

Photobucket merely wanted to change their focus from private freeloaders like us, to giants like eBay and Twitter.

That doesn't make sense mate. Neither eBay or Twitter upload photos to PB, little users of those services do. 

Monkey_Business

That's not what I meant. Of course the users don't upload pictures on photobucket, and post them on twitter.

However, Twitter and eBay has their pictures hosted externally. 80% of Photobucket's storage capacity went to hosting sites like this last year.

black263
3 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

Use this:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en It costs about five bucks and its worth its weight in gold. 

That doesn't make sense mate. Neither eBay or Twitter upload photos to PB, little users of those services do. 

I bought this when you posted the link a few weeks ago.  Worked like a dream, and all my pics are now on Postimage.  Great link.