Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Business

A4130 - Is it the new one?

Monkey_Business

Hey guys.

Came by accident to notice the new Daytonas from Aoobuy.

http://www.aootime678.com/Replica-Rolex-Daytona-116518-LN-YG-ARF-YG-Dial-on-Rubber-Strap-A4130-Super-Clone-65602.html

This one has - allegedly - something called an A4130 movement. 

Now, is this the legendary 'tona movement we heard about on RWI, or is it just a decorated A7750 modified to @6?

Could not find this discussed before, so please enlighten me! :)

Monkey_Business

Take note of this quote:

New Slim Asian Chronograph movement running seconds at 6 position

It is very different from this description: 

http://www.aootime678.com/Replica-Rolex--Daytona-116515-RG-JHF-Chocolate-Dial-Numeral-Markers-on-Black-Rubber-Strap-A4130-65576.html

Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement decorated to Rolex 4130 movement

Which also happens to be 100$ cheaper.

EDIT;

Trusty Time also has it. Apparently, they're only doing the YG ones. 

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=17674

Monkey_Business

Sorry for this extreme spam-fest, but I'm nearly pissing my pants.

A TD just told me this is a completely new base model movement, with no correlations to the A7750. Working chronograph, but subdials @3 and @9 is not working at this point. A complete Daytona clone (based on a new movement) is expected mid-2018. 

splke

i saw this mvmt on puretime (not a TD here)  and it seemed interesting but was waiting for more setails 

New Slim Asian Chronograph movement running seconds at 6 position;

Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement,

the best Rolex 4130 Movement Clone at the moment.

https://puretime03.com/featured-products/daytona-116518-ln-yg-arf-1-1-best-edition-yg-dial-on-rubber-strap-a4130-super-clone.html#

Monkey_Business

Ordered... 

dirkhunt

Shame the chronograph only works with the one hand, the big one, maybe v2 will be full function?

Monkey_Business

As I understand it, the "V2" will be fully functional. Next summer, if not further delayed.

i've been waiting for this for some time - i have high expectations :-)

nashe_chung
56 minutes ago, 4pekatt said:

Sorry for this extreme spam-fest, but I'm nearly pissing my pants.

A TD just told me this is a completely new base model movement, with no correlations to the A7750. Working chronograph, but subdials @3 and @9 is not working at this point. A complete Daytona clone (based on a new movement) is expected mid-2018. 

Snap, if they really produce that movement then count me in for a Daytona or two for next year. 

Griffo

Holy shit that thing is bright!

Joewatch2112

This sounds like something I've read about but the movement is actually a a7750 with the chronograph minute and hour functions removed to make the movement thinner.  This is why only the chronograph second hand actually functions. Think it was on a puretime news post. 

Joewatch2112
3 minutes ago, Joewatch2112 said:

This sounds like something I've read about but the movement is actually a a7750 with the chronograph minute and hour functions removed to make the movement thinner.  This is why only the chronograph second hand actually functions. Think it was on a puretime news post. 

I just took a closer look at the pics and you can clearly see A7750 balance cock underneath the fake balance bridge!! 

Left Coast Guy

So the question is......is it just thinner, or is there some improvement that makes the sec@6 more stable? If its just a thinner 7750, you're still going to have the sec@6 issues...

Joewatch2112

It's just thinner because of the removal of the chrono min. &hour .I don't believe they changed anything having to do with stuttering second hand at the six.  

Joewatch2112

Just a little insight having to do with this issue. I purchased a JF 2016 Daytona for a friend and it came with that awful stuttering second hand and after a week it completely stop running! I sent it back and it was serviced ,now it has no stuttering second hand! The second hand runs just as smooth as if it was at the 9 postion! It's been a couple months now and still running smooth! So the problem may be just in the assembling of the movement to begin with. 

tonyh7

So to be clear, you can either buy a 7750 time bomb, where the case is too thick, or a 'super' clone 4130 where the sub dials don't work? Feels like we are still a way away from a really good tona rep. Thick end of 500 US seems steep too.

Monkey_Business

I'm confused.

I'd never spend so much noney on an A7750. TheTD's exact words were: "No, it's not a base calibre 7750. Completely new setup"

I was lead to believe this is a new thing, possibly a "taste" of next years Daytonas. I guess we'll see.

EDIT;

Seems like I've jumped the gun and bought a modified A7750. They claim that it SHOULD be more reliable. 

Chiquita Fanjita
1 hour ago, 4pekatt said:

I'm confused.

I'd never spend so much noney on an A7750. TheTD's exact words were: "No, it's not a base calibre 7750. Completely new setup"

I was lead to believe this is a new thing, possibly a "taste" of next years Daytonas. I guess we'll see.

EDIT;

Seems like I've jumped the gun and bought a modified A7750. They claim that it SHOULD be more reliable. 

Let me know how you get on with it mate.  Been looking at this all weekend drooling over it :D

Monkey_Business

I'll definately let you know mate. 

AR should be a reliable watchmaker. I've seen quite a few reviews about the new slim movement, but I've yet to find someone who's had it break down.  

Who knows what other alterations they might have done? (I read that the date module has been removed in it's entirety as well. That has to remove some stress, right?)

I'm a naive optimist - I hope this works out. If not, I'll just get on with the proper 4130 clone next year. 

Chiquita Fanjita
19 minutes ago, 4pekatt said:

I'll definately let you know mate. 

AR should be a reliable watchmaker. I've seen quite a few reviews about the new slim movement, but I've yet to find someone who's had it break down.  

Who knows what other alterations they might have done? (I read that the date module has been removed in it's entirety as well. That has to remove some stress, right?)

I'm a naive optimist - I hope this works out. If not, I'll just get on with the proper 4130 clone next year. 

Thanks mate, really like this so fingers crossed its reliable.  As you say, if certain parts are removed it should be less stress on the movement I'd guess.

Look forward to seeing some pics ;) 

ffuhcu

I'm sure I read that this is essentially the "slim" 3714 movement released earlier this year. So, more (IWC) gen-like transition of the running seconds from 9 to 6 which unfortunately means no space for the other working subdials other than a minute totaliser at 12 which is no use for the Daytona.

Edited by ffuhcu

Monkey_Business

I've heard the @6 IWC's are pretty reliable, so I think this is a safe bet.

Still waiting for QC though. 

Monkey_Business

Read that one. Sadly, he does not adress the elephant in the room.

ffuhcu
6 hours ago, 4pekatt said:

I've heard the @6 IWC's are pretty reliable, so I think this is a safe bet.

Still waiting for QC though. 

Mines been good, bought it as soon as Intime listed them pretty much, around New Years. 

Monkey_Business

FINALLY the QC arrived. Gave them approval, and package should be on its way.