edwinowl

Customs, Parcelforce .....wa...ers and my mkii speedy case

edwinowl

So after speaking with a respected watch repairer I sent my gen speedy mkii case across to REplate in Canada for lapping taking her back to original brushed finish. I knew it meant some metal removal inevitably but they did a great job. 

Im building watch back up this weekend so I'll post pics  

mx0uUd.jpg

QwpN4x.jpg

cost was very reasonable about £70. 

Postage unfortunatley back was pricey if I wanted insurance. So I plumped for it cost around £50 insured to $1000 Canadian it is a £500 case after all  

So they gave me tracking  etc, sadly came home to find the inevitable from customs saying I owed £137 duty for my own f..ing case. If I want to challenge it I have to pay up or within 20 days they send it back to Canada. REplate have labelled it as returned goods but as I see it I now have to prove its my own case ,postage receipt e mails etc. Jokers. 

Im sure you'll agree it's not an insignificant amount and I'm hoping I get something back. 

Ill keep you posted. 

Genius
5 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

So after speaking with a respected watch repairer I sent my gen speedy mkii case across to REplate in Canada for lapping taking her back to original brushed finish. I knew it meant some metal removal inevitably but they did a great job. 

Im building watch back up this weekend so I'll post pics  

mx0uUd.jpg

QwpN4x.jpg

cost was very reasonable about £70. 

Postage unfortunatley back was pricey if I wanted insurance. So I plumped for it cost around £50 insured to $1000 Canadian it is a £500 case after all  

So they gave me tracking  etc, sadly came home to find the inevitable from customs saying I owed £137 duty for my own f..ing case. If I want to challenge it I have to pay up or within 20 days they send it back to Canada. REplate have labelled it as returned goods but as I see it I now have to prove its my own case ,postage receipt e mails etc. Jokers. 

Im sure you'll agree it's not an insignificant amount and I'm hoping I get something back. 

Ill keep you posted. 

Pretty sure that's illegal they can invoice for the duty but they can't hold the goods ransom 

edwinowl
23 minutes ago, Genius said:

Pretty sure that's illegal they can invoice for the duty but they can't hold the goods ransom 

There's no way to get it and I got advised on another forum that Parcelforce are complete tw.ts and to get the case and then try and claim. 

It does state on HM customs to pay and then fill in your claim form 

thing is I can think of many folk who don't have that type of money just laying around. 

Mr_B

Wow what cunts, let us know how you get on mate

dalboy

Pineapple pluckers and fucking postmen the lot of em  !! 

As you say Andy , not a life changing amount of dough , but not the amount found lying down the back of the sofa either . 

Be sure and appeal mate . 

Dal.

NCRich

WOW

deju

I know the admins frown apon charge backs and if they want they can remove this, but this is a legit transaction issue 

As mentioned, technically speaking they should invoice you for goods after received. They shouldn't hold them but they are bastards. 

Pay by credit card then section 75 and tell the card company what happened and force a  chargeback. 

Your shipping invoice states it's a return and I'm sure you have the original details of you shipping it out to them. 

They have just neglected to administer the customs process correctly and no doubt want their fee for the pleasure 

edwinowl
4 minutes ago, deju said:

I know the admins frown apon charge backs and if they want they can remove this, but this is a legit transaction issue 

As mentioned, technically speaking they should invoice you for goods after received. They shouldn't hold them but they are bastards. 

Pay by credit card then section 75 and tell the card company what happened and force a  chargeback. 

Your shipping invoice states it's a return and I'm sure you have the original details of you shipping it out to them. 

They have just neglected to administer the customs process correctly and no doubt want their fee for the pleasure 

I have actually paid by credit card fortunately.  

Its very complicated but I'm getting the feeling I should have filled some form in before I sent it originally but hey I'm the average man in the street how should I know that ?? 

gmchris

How can they generate a price based on a used/vintage/modified watch case's value.? Yes we know its a 500quid case (in our knowledgable and biased drooling opinions) but its not a definitive value like you would get from the retailer of a new watch. 

Are they really licensed to print money by making up an items value to suit themselves?

Wankers. 

edwinowl
1 minute ago, gmchris said:

How can they generate a price based on a used/vintage/modified watch case's value.? Yes we know its a 500quid case (in our knowledgable and biased drooling opinions) but its not a definitive value like you would get from the retailer of a new watch. 

Are they really licensed to print money by making up an items value to suit themselves?

Wankers. 

I think it might be based on the insurance value up to $1000 Canadian. Otherwise no idea.  

Foxindebox

Yeah, those thundercunts have done me over before as well... hope you get it sorted mate.

soundman_roo
1 hour ago, Foxindebox said:

Yeah, those thundercunts have done me over before as well... hope you get it sorted mate.

"Thundercunts" :))))))

FunnyStarSystem

Never heard of such a thing! I could understand them attempting a billing post delivery, but to hold it pending payment? Collosal, menstruating thunder-cunts!

narikaa

An ounce of prevention as they say

Like the guy bouncing back in from his soiree overseas and tugged re the duty on the high-value frippery, he's sporting...b b b but its mine he cries. I bought it in my home country etc etc. Shoulda filledin the relevant stuff BEFORE you exported it. 

Same here with a little digging you'll find it all needed sorting before sending

cuzzys.JPG?raw=1

edwinowl
30 minutes ago, narikaa said:

An ounce of prevention as they say

Like the guy bouncing back in from his soiree overseas and tugged re the duty on the high-value frippery, he's sporting...b b b but its mine he cries. I bought it in my home country etc etc. Shoulda filledin the relevant stuff BEFORE you exported it. 

Same here with a little digging you'll find it all needed sorting before sending

cuzzys.JPG?raw=1

We live and learn my friend

13oots2

Next time postie calls introduce them to a blunt end of a pineapple, choice of orifice isn't optional.

narikaa

Yeah, that'll work

:facepalm:

edwinowl

Well put her back together , all good, just waiting for the arseholes at customs. 

bOiBrB.jpg

Kernow

If it's any consolation the watch looks beautiful. Hope you get it all sorted with the twats who are stealing your money. 

d1isthe1

Neat

deju
11 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Well put her back together , all good, just waiting for the arseholes at customs. 

bOiBrB.jpg

Beautiful, do you have any before after comparison shots? 

Haltec

@Op - some photos prior to Lapping?

Nicely done, good priced.

MAJ75

Sorry to hear about the problems, but it looks beautiful Andy.

I'm sure the final result eases a little of the pain..............

edwinowl

DvQO1e.jpg

9S4NW0.jpg

well the wankers finally got back to me  

What a load of bollocks  

ROLIE

What a bunch of shit shoveling arseholes , 

Well worth the wait Andy and it does look dapper :Applause: