psantos1091

Speedmaster advice

psantos1091

Sooo, I learned that the watch here http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=17681 

Is only 41.5mm... I want the 44.5mm version of this watch because I think it'll be more proportional. It's almost 20mm thick!!! At 45mm it'll look a lot better imo. (I've been working out, so I think it's time to see if I can handle a big watch lol) 

Anyways, should I just give in to my urge to buy this thing as is..or should I wait for another release? They've been putting out a ton of speedies lately, so logic is telling me, the factory will use that same movement in a few other variations. Maybe they'll release a decent DSOTM for once lol..or of course, the 44.5 version I'm dying to own 

What should I do? Buy it?

(Still not sure if it'll be the black or white dial version/kind of scared of the white one because the date wheel is experiencing an overcast lol shadowed galore..but I do need a white dialed watch, all I wear is black)...tmi? Sorry lol

But yea, or I could just wait and hope one will be released?

maxmood

i found this in couple of omegas i've been looking at. the cases aren't of a gen size. not sure why.

you'll probably have to accept it the way it is. i'm planning to get the black dial, so i'd suggest the same. ;)

deju

The gen is only 41.5m?! IIRC the only 45mm with the Speedmaster  range is a skywalker.

The  lug width is 20mm, have you considered it was all typo's, no speedy is 20mm thick :lol:

Or are you seriously looking for a massive speedmaster thats as big as a Rolex  deepsea challenge?!

Del

9 hours ago, psantos1091 said:

Sooo, I learned that the watch here http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=17681

Is only 41.5mm... I want the 44.5mm version of this watch because I think it'll be more proportional. It's almost 20mm thick!!! At 45mm it'll look a lot better imo. (I've been working out, so I think it's time to see if I can handle a big watch lol)

Why do you think it's only 41.5mm? And why do you think there are two sizes of this watch? I find it hardly likely that there will be 41.5mm and 45mm versions of this watch. Whatever size it is will probably be the only one...

And looking at the pics, it is indeed a fat bugger! :lol:

psantos1091
13 hours ago, Del said:

Why do you think it's only 41.5mm? And why do you think there are two sizes of this watch? I find it hardly likely that there will be 41.5mm and 45mm versions of this watch. Whatever size it is will probably be the only one...

And looking at the pics, it is indeed a fat bugger! :lol:

I searched multiple TD websites, and all have it showing 41.5/42  but trustytime's.. I even emailed one and they confirmed it. The factories also use the same movement in the new chrono PO and if they use the same case as the variation of the DSOTM that was recently released, all they have to do is leave out a PVD treatment and there's the 44.5 version's case... They look similarly shaped. There's also two sizes in the gen version so that's why my hopes are high

psantos1091
14 hours ago, deju said:

The gen is only 41.5m?! IIRC the only 45mm with the Speedmaster  range is a skywalker.

The  lug width is 20mm, have you considered it was all typo's, no speedy is 20mm thick :lol:

Or are you seriously looking for a massive speedmaster thats as big as a Rolex  deepsea challenge?!

Lol I think you are right.. My mistake, totally thought there was a bigger version.