MAJ75

MAJ75's Horological Scrapbook Thread................

MAJ75

I like probably countless other members here spend a huge amount of time researching, reading, looking at & listening to all sorts of watch & time related content.

Whilst obsessive behaviour manifests itself in many different ways in this hobby we share I must admit that my thirst for knowledge is the leading thing for me at the moment, I seem to have my buying under control after getting bulk purchasing out of my system in the first 18 months of my rep awakening.

If the mods here & wider community will allow/humour me I would like to build in this thread a sort of "Scrapbook" just really documenting things that I have found engaging whether that may be in the form of articles, links, pictures anything watch related really. I do hope that some of the content may be of interest to fellow members & hope that everyone feels free to comment or add their observations to it.

My primary interests are in the aesthetics/design of timepieces, I also enjoy the history, what makes pieces more valuable than others & I love beautiful photography as well as classic watch advertising.

I am not highly versed on specifics of movements, watchmaking & the like.

I love modern & vintage in equal measure as I also appreciate both Reps & Gens.

For the first entry I thought we would do a "Black & Gold" theme, I have stumbled across some beautiful pieces recently & wanted to share a few pictures below (a mixture of modern & vintage). Interestingly I do not have a black dialed gold case piece in my collection currently, but I might remedy this in the coming weeks........

Let's kick off with a very special Omega Speedmaster:

Omega-_Speedmaster-_Moonwatch-_Professio

Story here:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-chronograph-starmus-science-award-gold-watch/

Beautiful Vintage Treasures on the theme.........

The Iconic Patek 2499 (1952)

Patek-_Philippe-2499-18k-yellow-gold-195

Splendid Universal Geneve Chrono (1937)

Universal-_Gene--ve-5922-18k-yellow-gold

Stunning Rolex Moonphase

ROLIE_MOON.jpg

Full Gold Daytona

Rolex-_The-_Herme--s-_Paul-_Newman-_Refe

A Patek Calatrava (1942)

1942-31mm-_Men_s-_Patek-_Philippe-_Calat

& lastly I just love the image of the Blancpain...............

Only-_Watch-2015-_Blancpain-_Villeret-_C

Monkey_Business

That Speedmaster. I've been looking and looking for a rep. It's the hands down, prettiest Speedmaster ever produced - The SpeedyTuesday comes second in line. 

Davesjourney

Great idea, Mark - go for it!

MAJ75

At the moment I am gathering intelligence prior to buying a Speedmaster,  I am looking to buy a vintage one (if budget permits).

Through research & spending time on the wonderful resources that are Omega Forum & Speedmaster 101 I came across the following podcast.

This is possibly verging on geekery of the worst kind but if you can get over the dry/clinical delivery these podcasts are fascinating (particularly EP21). I love the quality refrence photos that you can look at as the watches are discussed.

May be if you find some time to kill you will find something of interest, props to the guys that put this together anyway................

https://www.time4apint.com/

http://speedmaster101.com/blog/

PINT.jpg

MAJ75

I quite liked the recently repped Bell & Ross BR123, never imagined that I would be drawn to this brand.........

A few leeks later & I really like the look of the "Bellytanker" Series, great throwback styling..................

Daytonaesque around the case, crown & pushers with a beautiful coffee coloured dial............

Bell-and-Ross-Vintage-BR-V2-94-BellyTank

d23x6d9cx8qezf.cloudfront.netBell-and-Ro

fatarms

They need to rep that now.  That is beautiful.

Xpletiv

^I wonder why the DW is a different color?

Don't get me wrong, but this "scrapbook" is quite the short story.

UmpaHimself
On 10/23/2017 at 12:40, MAJ75 said:

I quite liked the recently repped Bell & Ross BR123, never imagined that I would be drawn to this brand.........

A few leeks later & I really like the look of the "Bellytanker" Series, great throwback styling..................

Daytonaesque around the case, crown & pushers with a beautiful coffee coloured dial............

How wide/tall is this case? If it was 40mmx12mm or slightly smaller that would be amazing. Somehow I imagine B & R would make it 42mm, or more realistically 44mm :facepalm:

MAJ75
2 hours ago, UmpaHimself said:

How wide/tall is this case? If it was 40mmx12mm or slightly smaller that would be amazing. Somehow I imagine B & R would make it 42mm, or more realistically 44mm :facepalm:

Hi Mate, I can't find a reference to the case depth however the size of the chrono is a pleasing 41mm (Black Bay Size) & the non chrono is 38.5mm.....

Sadly only 500 pieces of each are being made.......

Davesjourney

That B&R is fabulous!  Would buy one of those in a heartbeat - rep, obv!!

UmpaHimself
16 hours ago, MAJ75 said:

Hi Mate, I can't find a reference to the case depth however the size of the chrono is a pleasing 41mm (Black Bay Size) & the non chrono is 38.5mm.....

Sadly only 500 pieces of each are being made.......

Wow, that's a nice surprise. Maybe it will be repped.

Glaude

Splendid ! I'll have two please.

MAJ75

Hi All,

I wanted to document a couple of new to me Micro Brands, apologies if these have been mentioned before but they have really taken my interest....

Firstly - Undone Watches.......

I'm a sucker for both vintage & two register chronos so this style ticks a lot of boxes MechaQuartz movements..............

Pretty good for around $300 (mid level rep money)...I love the packaging too, nicely done.....

Undone-Urban-Chronograph-2.jpeg

Undone-Urban-Chronograph-12.jpeg

Undone-Mystique-aBlogtoWatch-38.jpg

The second brand is - Baltic

Assembled in France, powered by the Seagull ST19 movement......

These pieces really look beautiful but carry a steeper €649 price point....love this blue faced variant............

packshot-bicompax-blue-gilt-dark-brown.j

BALTIC_GROUP_1-1.jpg

BALTIC_GOLD_1-1.jpg

lupinpopette

William L 1815 is currently working on an automatic "vintage style" chronograph.
I'd make myself an undone in an heartbeat if it was mechanical movement. 

Also where can you get the BR123 chrono rep? can't seem to find it on TDs..

nivka

Great idea for a thread! Subscribed