Sign in to follow this  
Jackamory

116610LN bezel insert

Jackamory

Hi all, most probably must have been asked before, but I can't for the life of me seem to find a topic on it... 

my bezel has cracked on my every day 116610 rep, only a cheap one, it's been like this for a while and I want to give it a new lease of life.. 

anyway, I've stripped the bezel off etc so am wearing my mint explorer as an every day for now... not good! 

anyone know anywhere reliable that I can source a reasonable bezel insert and pearl? Seen a couple of cheapie eBay ones for £15 but doubt their any good?

Advise welcome!! 

Thabks in advance, Jack 

k3rm87

What's wrong with wearing the mint Explorer as an everydayer? I would imagine that's the best beater out there. 

ciidlag

You could ask the TDs if they can source you a higher quality bezel insert. 

Jackamory
8 hours ago, k3rm87 said:

What's wrong with wearing the mint Explorer as an everydayer? I would imagine that's the best beater out there. 

I'm an asm in welding and engineering, so forever hitting my watch against sharp metal, leaning on rough surfaces etc, would rather keep it nice! 

8 hours ago, ciidlag said:

You could ask the TDs if they can source you a higher quality bezel insert. 

Yea I'll give that a go, was trying to find a quick hassle free eBay fix to get it back on the road really, spose I could still try an eBay cheapie, see how it comes out and enquire about a higher quality one through a TD, thanks for the advise 

ShovelnTC

Yeah if it's only a cheapie then an Ebay one should do the job, a nice insert will likely cost more than it's worth for a cheapie Sub.

Just double check inside and outside diameters as there's no give in a ceramic insert.

ciidlag
26 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

Yeah if it's only a cheapie then an Ebay one should do the job, a nice insert will likely cost more than it's worth for a cheapie Sub.

Just double check inside and outside diameters as there's no give in a ceramic insert.

Yeah thats acatually true, would be nonsense to spend as much on the quality bezel insert that you paid for the rep. 

Let me know if u order from ebay the bezel insert. Am curious what kind of quality they  have compared to our TDs.

Jackamory
12 hours ago, ShovelnTC said:

Very true! It's just that it was my first rep aswell so holds a strong place in my watch heart!! It'll be nice to give it a bit of a freshen up.. 

thats exactly what I was worried about, I'd also like to change the movement to a decent one, but not too sure where to start.. plus I think there isn't a lot of decent thread left on the crown stem :BrokenHeart:

12 hours ago, ciidlag said:

Yeah thats acatually true, would be nonsense to spend as much on the quality bezel insert that you paid for the rep. 

Let me know if u order from ebay the bezel insert. Am curious what kind of quality they  have compared to our TDs.

I will do! Unless you'd like to order one and let me know what it's like? :D 

Ill get one ordered for experimental purposes... cheapest I can find