Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Visconti Abyssus Pro Dive 3000

RepGuy

Enough time has gone by where I feel comfortable writing a proper review on this. Made by Visconti (the Italian pen company), who have branched out into the watchmaking industry, it is a different style of diver, but still has features expected of something meant to go 3000 meters into the ocean. The case is solid bronze, with a matching bronze bracelet, which after constant wear, I find to be very comfortable and without problems (no green wrists). I wasn't sure how I would feel about the bracelet, but it works well. They also offer sharkskin bands stock on other variations, but on this limited edition model, the bracelet is stock.

The Abyssus is powered by Visconti's VI-AC264-02, which is based on the Soprod 9340 m, and has been running accurately without issue almost constantly. Over the course of the past few weeks, it has run a couple minutes fast, with the movement running nearly 24/7, so I am happy with the overall accuracy. It also features a monobloc case, meaning it doesn't have the usual screw back, but instead is a solid piece of machined bronze, with the movement and sapphire crystal being front loaded into the case. Another really cool feature I find myself playing with throughout the day is the crown, which they call a bayonet on this. It does not screw in/out like a typical diver crown, but instead twists out with about a quarter turn, which then allows it to wind the movement, as well as being pulled out as you would expect for date/time setting. This bayonet is also said to be heavily water resistant even when in the "out"position as claimed by Visconti, although I have not tested this and probably wont. Another interesting addition is the bezel lock located under the crown, and it works just as you would expect. You can actually see how it works, as the exposed bezel ratchet mechanism allows you to see it moving. Still lower on the watch is the helium escape valve, which is located under the 6 dial marker on the case, which is the first time I've seen one placed there, although it doesn't get in the way.  With a case size of 45mm (excluding the crown), it fits well with my larger wrist. I was worried it would look something like the Hublot Oceanographic, but I was happy to find it wears much smaller and more moderately. 

The dial features a power reserve indicator, which in this case accounts for the 42 hours of the movement, and also has the wording "Made in Florence", although I believe this qualifies for the "Swiss Made" logo if they really wanted to. This was made in partnership with the Cooperativa Nazionale Sommozzator (CNS), so it displays their logo on the dial, as well as engraved into the caseback. The lume is excellent, as should be expected, and holds a charge longer than most other watches I have seen or owned. Overall, it is a solid watch that I even wear with a dress shirt/pants at work without it looking out of place, so it has great versatility in my eyes (although I might be slightly biased).

Forgive the sideways pictures, it happens for some reason, and I don't want to re-upload them this late

20170907_215028.jpg
20170907_215003.jpg
20170907_215403.jpg
20170907_215007.jpg
20170907_215126.jpg
20170907_215041.jpg
20170907_215244.jpg
20170907_215102.jpg
20170907_215354.jpg
20170907_215137.jpg
20170907_215123.jpg
20170907_215239.jpg