Abe Fromen

Deep Thoughts, from Abe Fromen

Abe Fromen

When you wear a Rolex, everyone assumes it's fake.

When you wear a Jaeger LeCoultre people have no fucking idea what it is. 

robsterwebb

Fair comment, everyone (who's in the know) seems to admire the Omega marque....from what I've seen anyway. 

is it an a affordability thing? :Confused:

Nikosaldente
4 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

Well, maybe it's because they can't pronounce Jaeger LeCoultre:giggle:

GenTLe

ShovelnTC

I think it's more of a case that many people have heard many other people say that everyone assumes a Rolex is fake so then they assume that all Rolex are fake, this is really a monkey see monkey do situation.

Me, well with the amount of people that know Rolex and it's reputation for producing a quality and popular watch all be it expensive together with the fact that anyone on a middle income can really afford a Rolex if that is what they value then why would I assume that ANY Rolex is a fake.

Just my deep thoughts.

Davesjourney

Was at a meeting in that there London a few weeks ago. Was wearing my rep Tudor Snowflake.  Guy in the meeting had been eyeing up my watch all session and at the end said "Is that a Rolex!?" he says. "Nope" I replied, "it's a Tudor."  "Ahh", says guy "makes sense...didn't think you could afford a Rolex"

Now. (1) He assumes my income doesn't lend itself to me buying a gen Rolex. How does he know that it wasn't a milestone present? Or gift? or heirloom? (2) He accepts matter of factly that it's a gen Tudor. He admires it and confirms he wishes he had one.

Two weeks later and am wearing a VC from DHGate at £50.  "Nice watch" he says. "What make?" "Vacheron Constantin" I reply.  "Never heard of them but looks bloody expensive!"

Am therefore agreeing with Abe's initial comment.

cvp3

I was in Milan, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London last week on business. I wore my Invicta Mickey Mouse watch. Everyone noticed, everyone smiled. Mission accomplished.

IMG_5436.jpg

deju
18 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

But when you don't wear any trousers ....

.... everyone loses their shit 

deju
1 hour ago, Davesjourney said:

Was at a meeting in that there London a few weeks ago. Was wearing my rep Tudor Snowflake.  Guy in the meeting had been eyeing up my watch all session and at the end said "Is that a Rolex!?" he says. "Nope" I replied, "it's a Tudor."  "Ahh", says guy "makes sense...didn't think you could afford a Rolex"

Now. (1) He assumes my income doesn't lend itself to me buying a gen Rolex. How does he know that it wasn't a milestone present? Or gift? or heirloom? (2) He accepts matter of factly that it's a gen Tudor. He admires it and confirms he wishes he had one.

Two weeks later and am wearing a VC from DHGate at £50.  "Nice watch" he says. "What make?" "Vacheron Constantin" I reply.  "Never heard of them but looks bloody expensive!"

Am therefore agreeing with Abe's initial comment.

Anyone can afford a damn Rolex *sigh* it's just everyone's priorities are different. 

What this man was actually saying is that he cannot justify a Rolex and if you had a Rolex it would make him feel inferior because he is insecure.