robsterwebb

Bit of fun: Worst rep you've ever had

robsterwebb

Ok, off the back of this thread in Dhgate mess, 

what's the worst rep you've had the mis-fortune of laying your hands on?

Just curious and for a bit of a giggle like!

Over to you.....

frenzyrep15

The Breitling Evolution with an Asian 7750 from Trusty Time  as it keeps on failing...and the bezel screws easily get loose .   In fairness, all other ten (10) reps I bought from Trusty Time have been very good and Andrew is a super great TD!...It is more on the watch I have issues with.  It  just  keeps on failing even if I had it serviced very well by most trusted watch smith of 30 years!  Stay away from A 7750 as much as possible even with the native subdials (12-9-6 format).  My only very reliable Asian clone movements for me are the 6497 and the 2824-2...they are excellent movements!

Edited by frenzyrep15

RepGuy

My first sub. Low beat movement and ugly two tone nonsense. I still have it sitting in my watch box as a reminder of when I was young(er) and dumb(er)

NCRich

I've never really had a bad rep.  I've had 3 or 4 that didn't run, but none that were dog ugly.  The worst of the bunch was a Silix $30 special PO that it seemed was a right of passage 5 years ago.  Everyone had it.  Seamaster was misspelled on the bracelet and it came with a funky dial. One of my friends has it now and it still works.

1m07fGI.jpg

robsterwebb
46 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I've never really had a bad rep.  I've had 3 or 4 that didn't run, but none that were dog ugly.  The worst of the bunch was a Silix $30 special PO that it seemed was a right of passage 5 years ago.  Everyone had it.  Seamaster was misspelled on the bracelet and it came with a funky dial. One of my friends has it now and it still works.

1m07fGI.jpg

lol, I kinda like that dial! 

NCRich

I believe that is a 007 dial.  So it really isn't that bad.  Great for the $

robsterwebb

I've always fancied a pumpkin, have to say it does look great on that nato. 

there are loads of really dodgy reps around though....

Undinist

The Patek Sky Turdillon I bought the other day at DH Gate is pretty atrocious.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I wouldn't complain if I got it in a Christmas cracker, but getting it posted from China to the UK seems like a terrible waste of jet fuel.  I can't even see the hands to tell the time unless I hold it close to my face. 

P1070193.jpg

RussP

Never seen anything like this before or since purchase.

Works a treat.

The Calatrava Cross is the running seconds @6........clever concept.

Designated box queen........9512667965_b3efc7dd7d_b.jpg

Left Coast Guy

Bought a PO from Mary/Rochest (technically before they were booted, maybe part of the reason they were booted, and then returned) that showed up DOA, they refused to fix/ do anything, so I took it to a local watch smith. He couldn't fix and I think jacked up the keyless, so I took apart, fixed key less but damage the dial. Then ordered a new dial, and replaced, but crystal was seated too tight, so second hand still stuck on the glass. So I sold for parts, as a DOA watch, and the buyer wrote two weeks later that he didn't know it was broken (!?!??!). Mods sided with me, but he still threatened paypal dispute for months....that thing was cursed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flossisboss

I bought a Rolex hulk on holiday that has highly polished middle bracelet links and crown guards as big as my thumbs!

FunnyStarSystem

Everything I bought on Canal Street in the 80's, early 90's. There was no internet, Swiss watch catalogs were hard to come by, and crime was high, so the AD's weren't buzzing young punks like myself into their stores. Had to go to the Diamond District to see em working on pieces, but the Chinese really had no point of reference at all, so it was all just crazy, base metal, chrome plated madness with rhinestones stuck all over everything. There were also no digital cameras, so I have no evidence, but boy, do I remember some of that stuff, and the guys walking around NYC like peacocks decked out in some of the stupidest fake watches and jewelry you ever did see.

FunnyStarSystem
4 hours ago, RussP said:

Never seen anything like this before or since purchase.

Works a treat.

The Calatrava Cross is the running seconds @6........clever concept.

Designated box queen........9512667965_b3efc7dd7d_b.jpg

I'm sure this would cause a few coronaries down at the golf club, but I quite like this, especially that font! Maybe you bought a prototype...:maty:

RussP

To be honest, it works bloody well.

The Calatrava Cross has fallen off multiple times, but I have watchmaker friends who keep putting it back into place.

Apparently the stem is too short................so they ended up gluing the dial to the movement..........and now it works perfectly.

It has been a couple of years since I've used it though.