josecool

Help buying :)

josecool

Hey guys I am new here pretty obvious but I need some help.. I want a rolex replica 1:1 even with the same text inside it just like the real one can anyone help me out? thanks! price range does not really matter looking for anything that looks exactly the same! 

Montyb82
On 24/03/2010 at 14:29, KBH said:

I got this post from one of the other forums (with full permission of the owner) and thought it was worth posting here. This is from Shroomfarmer on Rep Geek and hopefully he will be coming along to say hello soon.

Expectations of a Replica Watch

Since I have joined this forum last month, I have noticed a reoccuring theme. Dude buys a watch, but it does not meet his expectations for whatever reason and starts to ***** about it. Then follows an onslaght of replies from other members about how the watch is just a rep and there will always be flaws and imperfections. I just want to share some of my quick thoughts on this.

It will never be perfect

It is virtually impossible for a replica to be perfect and I am not just talking about the movement. Gen watches and rep watches are made in different workshops, technicians are of different caliber and as much as they try to copy the gen, it will never be the same. I also think it would be similar if the skilled technicians from Gen companies tried to copy watches from other companies, they would find themselves struggling to find the exact materials and processes to produce exact replicas.

Quality will not be the same

Obviously there would be differences in the QC processes of Rep workshops and Gen workshops. Do not expect ISO or sixth sigma practices in place. There is always a chance your hands will fall off, your bezel will be loose and your watch might just arrive at your doorstep dead. It does not mean if you pay $700 or $70 for your watch here it would make any different.

Customer service varies

So your watch is spoilt, or you are disatisfied and you want it fixed by the dealer, what do you do? More often than not, you are at the mercy of the dealer. He might not respond to you or take a very long time. Frankly he is not obligated to even entertain your demands. The watch did not come with a warranty or any 7 day money back guarantee. Remember these are not legitamate companies. Even if he decides to return your money back, or repair it for you, you would most probably lose your shipping cost.

No customer service, warranties and quality control... WTF?

Genuine watchs like Rolex charges 10-20 times the amount of a replica watch. Some of that money goes into a customer service call centre, service centre, marketing, technicians dedicated to just servicing spoilt watches, quality control procesees etc. A rep workshop is probably just a dodgy makeshift workshop with a handful of guys working furiously to churn out as many watches as they can before the next raid.

Power of the people

So are you powerless against the dealers? No. They make a lucrative trade selling replica watches on forums like this and trive on good feedback which translates to sales like any other company. That is the whole purpose of this forum, for people to band together and share feedback on good and bad experiences. So we do not have to learn from our mistakes but from others as well. If someone sells you a **** watch and does not take responsibility for it, then talk about it! Buying a rep watch does not have to be a gamble or a hit and miss affair. If everyone gives reviews and feedback of the watches they buy then everyone can make more informed decisions. Rep dealers will also be more responsible for their wares.

Reasonable complaints

Sometimes it is clear what defines a reasonable complaint. Hands falling off, dead watches, etc. Other times it is a grey area. Respect the fact that what may be ok for someone like a slightly loose bezel, might be a deal breaker for someone else. It is important that people ***** about these small details so everyone can make more informed decisions in future. If we keep lecturing people about how they should not complain then we will create a culture where people are not open to share their thoughts. Of course, compaints should be objective and pictures, videos should be given to illustrate your point.

If you are new I strongly suggest reading all the stickys before asking questions in the unmoderated area.

There be monsters out here... :angrymob:

FunnyStarSystem

"price range does not really matter".

Then why are you here? Just go buy a legit Rolex.

LightGeek
1 minute ago, Inkoumori said:

Oh how right that is :)

josecool
28 minutes ago, Inkoumori said:

yep I could buy a real one but I want a fake to wear and not care

36 minutes ago, Montyb82 said:

If you are new I strongly suggest reading all the stickys before asking questions in the unmoderated area.

There be monsters out here... :angrymob:

alright yes I read that and understand whats the best dealer now?

Montyb82
6 minutes ago, josecool said:

I honestly want to help you, but you need to read all the stickys and do some research first, rather than this approach.  All dealers have access to pretty much the same watches you need to find out what watch you want first.  Then contacts the TDs and see who has best option for you.  You have to remember these watches aren't truly homologous so we could both order the same watch from same dealer and have different results!  QC pics are so important as is the knowledge of what you want, what it looks like on the gen and what you're happy to sacrifice!

FunnyStarSystem
15 minutes ago, josecool said:

:facepalm:

Matt0093
8 minutes ago, josecool said:

Hi, never ever ask for the best dealer and don't be too lazy to read the stickys. If you did, but are still not sure, just look through the reviews, Feedbacks or use the search function for your questions first.  :oldman:

How could a dealer think that you will stick to the buying rules if you do not even inform about the basics first? Put a little more effort in here and you sure will also have a great time here!:thumbsup:

Mr_B

tenor.gif

Waspy
2 hours ago, josecool said:

Hey guys I am new here pretty obvious but I need some help.. I want a rolex replica 1:1 even with the same text inside it just like the real one can anyone help me out? thanks! price range does not really matter looking for anything that looks exactly the same! 

ANY Rolex? Or did you have a particular model in mind?

1 hour ago, josecool said:

If you want wear and not care, why do you want a $400 replica? Just buy a Casio. Not trying to be funny but it makes no sense (to me anyway).

There is no such thing as the 'best dealer' The dealers don't make the watches and if they are 'Trusted' then they're good.

Edited by Waspy
spelling

greg_r

Okay, let's take this one point at a time.

1. There ain't no such animal as 1:1 perfect Rolex rep. Some of 'em get pretty close but there are ALWAYS going to be tells.

2. You don't say which model yo're after, but there are a variety of makers and the best bet will vary dependent on exactly which model you want (don't say "I want a sub" either as there's several varieties of those, too ;) ). You're going to need to do some of your own research - there's lots of reviews and other useful info here, so take some time and have a read.

3. All of our watch dealers can find you a Rolex. They're all good, or they wouldn't be here. Have a read of their feedback threads and pick one.

Foxindebox

^^^ this... :)

Wriggles

Why is everyone being so helpful?

OP, if you can afford a real one then go buy one, however since you seem to have an aversion to work, an inability to read and comprehend,and have an issue with entitlement, then I seriously doubt you have the capability, so either put up or shut up.

There, that's better

splke

Buy a bk sub if that's what you want (it usually is) as for the other rolls too many to comment you really gave to do your research. 

LightGeek
20 hours ago, josecool said:

It's ok to be straight up here -- even if it's "I want to buy a replica gold DayDate so I can get laid."

black263

It may well be true that all dealers can get their hands on the same watch but all dealers are definitely not equal.  There are only a couple that stand head and shoulders above the rest.  The trick is finding which ones as they vary from buyer to buyer.  Do you need triangular shipping to avoid difficult customs?  Some offer it, some dont.  Do you want the cheapest?  if you are prepared to buy with no warranty whatever you can save money but when the watch is DOA you have no comeback.  If this suits you, you're on your way to finding the best dealer.  On the other hand, you may need a full year warranty.  Now you have a couple of different best dealers.  Do you insist on paying with a cc.  Yet again you have different best dealers.  PP?  Same applies.  You could use WU and if you do, would you insist on a discount for doing so?  Your new best dealer will agree.  Are you looking for that unusual rep that may have ceased production?  A couple of your new best dealers have a reputation for tracking them down.

And so it goes on.  I've identified a few who meet my particular requirements.  Even had a beer with one.  But I'll lay odds that my best dealers won't suit your needs.

Read the dealer T&Cs. (some are on the forum and some on their websites) and the dealer reviews.  Then choose your best dealers. And live happily ever after.

BadApple

If he can't read what new members have to do to avoid making such posts as this then I suspect he can't tell the time anyway.....

deju

There was a lovely Daytona replica on Repgeek for £6000, shame you missed that. Great replica for the man with no budget