taifighter

Chronometer in QC shows lower beat rate than what I paid for

RussP

Another reason to stick to M2M purchases.

It's unfortunate to read of your experience as a newbie.

Hopefully, the mods will sort it out.

Get a refund and move on (don't use this dealer again).

k2efy

thought the point of qc pictures was to make sure you get right watch and what watch you will be getting and check for defects,if a different watch was sent then the one you got qc pictures,shouldn't be a trusted td in my eyes if not resolved satisfactory  

Rx4Time

Yes this is the purpose of the QA, to be sure it's the correct watch and no major issues are present.  The TD appears to have failed in this case, now how will they react is the question after the initial responses received questioning the timeographer results. 

taifighter

UPDATE: Thanks to some mod help, they finally agreed to a return and full refund, so I quickly shipped the watch back to them with less worry of them scamming me again.

UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER, they have shortchanged me, refunding me less than the agreed amount that THEY specified themselves... So compared to a month ago, I have no watch, but less money as well. Essentially I have paid them to fuck around, lie to me, and waste my time for a month. I will try to get the remainder of it back, but I'm not too hopeful. EDIT: They sent me a transfer sheet that shows that they indeed applied to send back the full amount, but it seemingly didn't make it all the way through... Perhaps some transfer fees that they didn't take into account? In any case, I can only advise against dealing with [email protected].

Again, thank you everyone for your advice, I have read all the comments here carefully. You guys are the best and have made the best out of my misfortune (:

Edited by taifighter

RepGuy
1 hour ago, taifighter said:

UPDATE: Thanks to some mod help, they finally agreed to a return and full refund, so I quickly shipped the watch back to them with less worry of them scamming me again.

UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER, they have shortchanged me, refunding me less than the agreed amount that THEY specified themselves... So compared to a month ago, I have no watch, but less money as well. Essentially I have paid them to fuck around, lie to me, and waste my time for a month. I will try to get the remainder of it back, but I'm not too hopeful. In any case, I can only advise against dealing with [email protected].

Again, thank you everyone for your advice, I have read all the comments here carefully. You guys are the best and have made the best out of my misfortune (:

I know it may seem tiring to deal with this, but if you have proof they agreed to refund you a specific amount, and did not refund you that total, I would contact a mod again. I have dealt with Lawrence in the past with no issues, but this behavior is the opposite of what's require to be considered a trusted dealer. 

black263
20 hours ago, RepGuy said:

I know it may seem tiring to deal with this, but if you have proof they agreed to refund you a specific amount, and did not refund you that total, I would contact a mod again. I have dealt with Lawrence in the past with no issues, but this behavior is the opposite of what's require to be considered a trusted dealer. 

Agreed.  When I send payment to a dealer, the arrangement is that they receive the amount they want.  Any charges, etc, are paid by me.  (I use my local WU shop, where I just say that I want to send , say $250, and they tell me how much I need to pay in sterling for that to happen.)  Should work the other way for refunds.  
(All pigs fully fed and watered, and ready for take-off)

the_faz_man
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:06, RussP said:

Another reason to stick to M2M purchases.

It's unfortunate to read of your experience as a newbie.

Hopefully, the mods will sort it out.

Get a refund and move on (don't use this dealer again).

Haha, I am not sure if anybody will be using that dealer again after reading this thread!!

RepGuy
22 minutes ago, the_faz_man said:

Haha, I am not sure if anybody will be using that dealer again after reading this thread!!

If you want the truth, I read about these types of things happening all the time. With the large number of orders these bigger dealers have each day, and the nature of their illegal business, it's understandable to have mix-ups and other problems. What makes our dealers trusted is how they are supposed to handle those problems, which this one is (so far) not doing well. Based on the thread as it stands, I will not be using Lawrence for any future purchases, but he can still make things right and refund the full amount he agreed upon.

RUSH2112

Is Lawrence really a bigger dealer?