LightGeek

Re-aligning date wheel overlay- opinion required

LightGeek

Based on the photos below, if I try and center 1-13, I'm going to royally mess up the pretty good alignment of the other side (numbers), right? So I have to live with "not so great left-justified" alignment of perhaps 7-13 or do a fix but then everything will be a little off.

The gist of this is... the DWO itself is not quite right, and I shouldn't bother because there's no way all the dates will be acceptable. Yes?

IMG_5323.jpg

This is what an overlay looks like, for first timers:

ejygema9.jpg

GenTLe

Well, you can try and have an average good result. Just use a glue with a slow drying time so that repositioning the DWO will not be a problem

Personally I use an epoxy 2 components one that permits at least 15 mins rework and fully dries in 12h (UHU 300)

NCRich

Rabbit hole my friend.

RepGuy

I would say to leave it, but now that you've noticed, it will always stick out. Do any modders supply a more accurate DWO you could glue to it with the proper positioning? At least everything would be aligned

Foxindebox

Edited

LightGeek

I'll ask... I have no problem diving it but based on this and what we know of DWO positioning... it looks like I can't mess without screwing up the opposite side. Does that sound right?

RepGuy

If the date wheel is installed properly, your only real option would be an overlay, or complete replacement of the date wheel, because the print is uneven. I'm unsure of the actual replacement, but the facts point towards this

Dendo

Not sure I would do anything other than not use the watch the first two weeks of the month :lol:

A totally off the wall thought, what about scoring a black sharpey line on the right of numbers 1-13 so the black line looks like the right edge of the datewheel window???

Rich might be right about rabbitholes....................

LightGeek

Hahaha. Yeah I'll skip this for a few days that's fine. I'll probably end up ordering another and requesting in QC that it's all even. I should have spent enough cash to warrant such a simple ask.

LightGeek

I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!

I don't need to realign the date wheel here... all I need to do is nudge the DIAL to the left a little bit. I've done this before for minor misalignments and this will fix it. Of course, not withstanding the dimensions and alignment of the casing, etc are way off.

Update later.